Death Of A Nation

We are witnessing the decay of the United States before our eyes. What is scary is that it is a nuclear super power and we must hope it will not drag down any others as it implodes.

I'm not talking about America.

I'm talking about the current state of conservative red faced unglued hysteria that is accepted as normal behavior. The willingness to accept any proclamation from someone like Trump no matter how crazy it is. To accept any conspiracy theory as having merit.

The wail and cry from this off-the-map segment of the conservative right is now and will be here today 'well both sides do it'. No they don't. There is not a 'two sided coin' to every thought or statement or movement. What we have today is a coin with a person on one side and on the other side the image of a possessed and demonic Regan from The Exorcist. The false equivalency is in fact one of the fake arguing positions of this fanatical movement. They use all the tools available to blur the picture and portray themselves as just the 'opposition party'.

There was an opposition party 25 years ago. Anyone old enough knows the political parties used to argue loudly about things but they then got the business of the country done by compromise. Today the, call it whatever you like, alt-right, far right, tea baggers, whatever, they demand no compromise and instead demand their political leaders force everyone else to do their bidding and if you don't like it tough shit.

Sorry that isn't how democracy works. It never has and never will. The political death of this fanatical segment of the nation is what is needed.

Leonard Pitts: For the Republicans, defeat is not enough

Had you not fucked Bernie out of the nomination, none of this would have happened

I'm talking about the current state of conservative red faced unglued hysteria that is accepted as normal behavior. The willingness to accept any proclamation from someone like Trump no matter how crazy it is. To accept any conspiracy theory as having merit.

The wail and cry from this off-the-map segment of the conservative right is now and will be here today 'well both sides do it'. No they don't. There is not a 'two sided coin' to every thought or statement or movement. What we have today is a coin with a person on one side and on the other side the image of a possessed and demonic Regan from The Exorcist. The false equivalency is in fact one of the fake arguing positions of this fanatical movement. They use all the tools available to blur the picture and portray themselves as just the 'opposition party'.

There was an opposition party 25 years ago. Anyone old enough knows the political parties used to argue loudly about things but they then got the business of the country done by compromise. Today the, call it whatever you like, alt-right, far right, tea baggers, whatever, they demand no compromise and instead demand their political leaders force everyone else to do their bidding and if you don't like it tough shit.

Sorry that isn't how democracy works. It never has and never will. The political death of this fanatical segment of the nation is what is needed.

Ex-FBI official: Clintons are a 'crime family'
The world knows this. Finally SOME are speaking out!

Like another poster said, we are voting Trump to "DRAIN THE SWAMP."

Draining the swamp by electing an unabashed bigot who is inciting violence by proclaiming the election is rigged. Not to mention that he is a horrible businessman who declared a $900 million loss in one year on his tax returns.

Not exactly a brilliant plan for "draining the swamp", dipshit.

Sooooo the idiot poster of the week is saying Trump is really a blue collar guy with a lot of money?

Check

You dumb fuckhead now do you get why he has a following hell even Michael Moore gets that.

When Trump went to Detroit and stunned Ford by saying if you close factory in the U.S.A and move them to Mexico ...fuck you Ford if I become president I will put a 35% tariff on those cars

What does hillary do ? She dances around like a pet monkey to George Soros begging for more bananas

Had you not fucked Bernie out of the nomination, none of this would have happened
It is true that the refusal to select Bernie was an opportunity lost to put things right.

Ex-FBI official: Clintons are a 'crime family'
The world knows this. Finally SOME are speaking out!

Like another poster said, we are voting Trump to "DRAIN THE SWAMP."

Draining the swamp by electing an unabashed bigot who is inciting violence by proclaiming the election is rigged. Not to mention that he is a horrible businessman who declared a $900 million loss in one year on his tax returns.

Not exactly a brilliant plan for "draining the swamp", dipshit.

Sooooo the idiot poster of the week is saying Trump is really a blue collar guy with a lot of money?

Check

You dumb fuckhead now do you get why he has a following hell even Michael Moore gets that.

When Trump went to Detroit and stunned Ford by saying if you close factory in the U.S.A and move them to Mexico ...fuck you Ford if I become president I will put a 35% tariff on those cars

What does hillary do ? She dances around like a pet monkey to George Soros begging for more bananas

Thinking more about this moron poster of the week Trump went to bat for high paid union jobs...the same unions that gave millions to Obama and hillary..

And for example what did Obama do to repay those Unions he fucked the skilled middle class Union worker on their Cadillac health care plans by 49%

Democrats continue to fuck the middle class..they don't care

They just dance like a God damn pet monkey for more bananas to george soros and styer for money and power

And give peanuts to the poor for votes and power

Blue collar Gump born with s silver spoon in his mouth understands the working class

Lee Brice - Drinking Class (Official Music Video):

Many of us voted for Bernie, it's called democracy.
This country is not supposed to be a democracy, it's supposed to be a capitalist republic...
A democracy is just mob rule.. shit for brains.

Hillary and Huma are on the verge of going to jail and you are attacking Conservatives...

That's funny!!!

And that red faced unglued hysteria will only get worse after they lose this election.

Perhaps they'll learn in time for 2020.

And that red faced unglued hysteria will only get worse after they lose this election.

Perhaps they'll learn in time for 2020.

Certainly what Pitts alludes to, the need for the entire party to implode and find rock bottom, then the crazies split off into some whack party and the Republican party rebuild itself.

I mean even the everyday conservative that rejects Trump for all he is and isn't see that the Republican party has no way forward without embracing ALL of the constituencies in the country like the various races, women, asians, and all of the 'other'. Demographics will either force them to change or be relegated to a minority party permanently.

Very well stated. I'm terrified at the prospect of Trump actually winning and giving legitimacy to all of his imbecile followers.

The fact that the U.S. Senate has had more filibusters during Obama's Presidency than in the previous 200 years combined shows that the Republicans are an obstructionist party, not an opposition party. They have absolutely no interest in governing this country, they only care about power.

Most Republicans are evil people and very dangerous to democracy. Choosing a completely unqualified racist like Donald Trump as their nominee says it all.

I would say there are many sane conservatives out there that see what is happening to the Republican party and are as horrified as anyone. I know they are out there. As Leonard Pitts says in his article, the best solution here would be for the current Republican party to burn to the ground and these people, the sane conservatives that are left, to build a new party of civility and values again. I've said many times if Kasich were the nominee for the Republican party this year I would be voting for him. A great ticket for the country I think would be Sanders-Kasich, which will never happen but this is what is needed. Normal civil adults.

The current vein of hateful vitriol coming from the far right has to go.
You think are fooling anyone? You mean there are GOP'ers that you democrats can make do your bidding for you. Romney,Ryan,Kasich,McConnell etc.

Really, dipshit??? When has McConnell, Ryan, or Boehner before he resigned EVER done the bidding of Obama or Democrats??? The answer is NEVER. You're fucking delusional, like all Repug goobers.

Forum List

Back