What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dear Mrs. Bachmann

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh. Honey. No.

My favorite congressperson is at it again. Michele is feeling out of place in the new Washington, almost like a “foreign correspondent on enemy lines” on the issue of climate change and government ideas for dealing with it. She is encouraging her constituents to get "armed and dangerous" to fight it:

I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us, having a revolution every now and then is a good thing, and the people — we the people — are going to have to fight back hard if we’re not going to lose our country. And I think this has the potential of changing the dynamic of freedom forever in the United States.
Commenters at the Minnesota Independent point out that this might not be legal.

For a member of Congress to urge armed resistance against lawful actions of the US government crosses the line. Her speech is sedition, and (according to section 2383 of title 18 of the US Code), she is not only subject to being locked up for ten years, but she is “incapable of holding any office under the United States.”

On the other hand - go for it. :tongue:

Reaction score
met·a·phorNoun/ˈmetəˌfôr/
1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
2. A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract. More »
Wikipedia - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster

Hope that clears things up for ya, You're welcome.

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays
cf-bachmann.jpg

Ame®icano

Gold Member
Reaction score
Breaking news: Michele Bachmann is a woman.

Dr.House

Lives on in syndication!
Reaction score
I was just thinking we haven't had a Michele Bachmann thread lately...

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Even if this is some sort of inane metaphor on Bachmann’s part, this trite, amateurish effort cast Washington as ‘the enemy’ and her supporters some sort of ‘revolutionaries’ is pathetic and laughable, considering the fact Bachmann and her fellow TPM reactionaries are as much a part of the ‘problem’ in Congress as anything else, if not more so.

Reaction score
Even if this is some sort of inane metaphor on Bachmann’s part, this trite, amateurish effort cast Washington as ‘the enemy’ and her supporters some sort of ‘revolutionaries’ is pathetic and laughable, considering the fact Bachmann and her fellow TPM reactionaries are as much a part of the ‘problem’ in Congress as anything else, if not more so.

Whereas Obama would never say anything about 'the enemy', right?

Oh, wait.

Ooops.

He did.

If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, "WeÂ’re going to punish our enemies and weÂ’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us," if they donÂ’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think itÂ’s going to be harder, and thatÂ’s why I think itÂ’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.

It's almost like he's encouraging racism there. :eek:

Oddball

Unobtanium Member
Reaction score
Drinking wine, eating cheese, catching rays

Whereas Obama would never say anything about 'the enemy', right?

Oh, wait.

Ooops.

He did.

If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, "WeÂ’re going to punish our enemies and weÂ’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us," if they donÂ’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think itÂ’s going to be harder, and thatÂ’s why I think itÂ’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.

It's almost like he's encouraging racism there. :eek:
Ooopsie....Looks like someone's box of fail has arrived! :lol:

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Another pointless thread from a pointless poster.

BDBoop maybe you should try checkers or gofish

Soggy in NOLA

Diamond Member
Reaction score
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A new Bachmann thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
I miss the Palin threads. Dunno why... I just do. Bachmann just doesn't attract the same quality of liberal ranting.

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Reaction score
met·a·phorNoun/ˈmetəˌfôr/
1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
2. A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract. More »
Wikipedia - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster

Hope that clears things up for ya, You're welcome.

hy·per·bo·le   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA
noun Rhetoric .
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Hyperbole | Define Hyperbole at Dictionary.com

WEEE

Learning is 'fun'damental!

Claudette

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Kinda miss ALL those Palin threads.

Bachman doesn't come close. At least not yet.

Guess I'll give it a hot minute.

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I miss the Palin threads. Dunno why... I just do. Bachmann just doesn't attract the same quality of liberal ranting.

Yeah, nothing brought out the crazy like a good nailin Palin thread.

Even EZ would post.

damn, kinda missing that zombie pic she would post up.

💲 Amazon Deals 💲

New Topics

Forum List