Dear Mrs. Bachmann

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Oh. Honey. No.

My favorite congressperson is at it again. Michele is feeling out of place in the new Washington, almost like a “foreign correspondent on enemy lines” on the issue of climate change and government ideas for dealing with it. She is encouraging her constituents to get "armed and dangerous" to fight it:

I want people in Minnesota armed and dangerous on this issue of the energy tax because we need to fight back. Thomas Jefferson told us, having a revolution every now and then is a good thing, and the people — we the people — are going to have to fight back hard if we’re not going to lose our country. And I think this has the potential of changing the dynamic of freedom forever in the United States.
Commenters at the Minnesota Independent point out that this might not be legal.

For a member of Congress to urge armed resistance against lawful actions of the US government crosses the line. Her speech is sedition, and (according to section 2383 of title 18 of the US Code), she is not only subject to being locked up for ten years, but she is “incapable of holding any office under the United States.”

On the other hand - go for it. :tongue:

met·a·phorNoun/ˈmetəˌfôr/
1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
2. A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract. More »
Wikipedia - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster

Hope that clears things up for ya, You're welcome.

cf-bachmann.jpg

Even if this is some sort of inane metaphor on Bachmann’s part, this trite, amateurish effort cast Washington as ‘the enemy’ and her supporters some sort of ‘revolutionaries’ is pathetic and laughable, considering the fact Bachmann and her fellow TPM reactionaries are as much a part of the ‘problem’ in Congress as anything else, if not more so.

Even if this is some sort of inane metaphor on Bachmann’s part, this trite, amateurish effort cast Washington as ‘the enemy’ and her supporters some sort of ‘revolutionaries’ is pathetic and laughable, considering the fact Bachmann and her fellow TPM reactionaries are as much a part of the ‘problem’ in Congress as anything else, if not more so.

Whereas Obama would never say anything about 'the enemy', right?

Oh, wait.

Ooops.

He did.

If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, "We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us," if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s going to be harder, and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.

It's almost like he's encouraging racism there. :eek:

Whereas Obama would never say anything about 'the enemy', right?

Oh, wait.

Ooops.

He did.

If Latinos sit out the election instead of saying, "We’re going to punish our enemies and we’re gonna reward our friends who stand with us on issues that are important to us," if they don’t see that kind of upsurge in voting in this election, then I think it’s going to be harder, and that’s why I think it’s so important that people focus on voting on November 2.

It's almost like he's encouraging racism there. :eek:
Ooopsie....Looks like someone's box of fail has arrived! :lol:

I miss the Palin threads. Dunno why... I just do. Bachmann just doesn't attract the same quality of liberal ranting.

met·a·phorNoun/ˈmetəˌfôr/
1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
2. A thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, esp. something abstract. More »
Wikipedia - Dictionary.com - Answers.com - Merriam-Webster

Hope that clears things up for ya, You're welcome.

hy·per·bo·le   /haɪˈpɜrbəli/ Show Spelled[hahy-pur-buh-lee] Show IPA
noun Rhetoric .
1. obvious and intentional exaggeration.
2. an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”

Hyperbole | Define Hyperbole at Dictionary.com

WEEE

Learning is 'fun'damental!

Yeah. Kinda miss ALL those Palin threads.

Bachman doesn't come close. At least not yet.

Guess I'll give it a hot minute.

Forum List

Back