Dear God.....

I can guarantee you have not experienced them. I can also guarantee that you would dismiss mine as some kind of brain burp. Anything but God.

I was in church, praying before Mass. Suddenly God interrupted my prayers, saying I should tell something to a woman I did not know who was seated on the other side of church something. Being the pious, praying, church-going woman I was, I immediately retorted, "Tell her yourself. If you can tell me, you can tell her."

Now...you finish the story to your satisfaction. You know...one that does not involve God or one of his miracles. :)
My neighbor claims she can sense things in people and she walks up to them and tells them and they are like omg! So Jesus has never visited her but she claims to have powers that "something" talks to her sort of like Whoopi in Ghost.

How do I explain people like you? IDK.

Or Pete the Catholic who said an angel yelled LOOK OUT as he got in a car crash and that supposedly saved his life. Why didn't the angel tell him sooner? Was it not paying attention?

So what did God tell you to tell that woman? I am fascinated by these stories. I wish I had such experiences. I'm open to them.

How do I explain people like you? IDK.
There are experiences of God, and then what I label Experiences of the Irish Gene. Sometimes I just know absolutely what is going to happen, no voice communicating with my own spirit, but I know. The latest episode was December 2, when one of my chinchillas was injured--caught his leg doing a jump he had done a hundred times before, and he broke his leg.

Everyone--certainly I--can have legitimate worries that something (serious, yet minor) might take a turn for the worse. Those feelings are very different from suddenly knowing. I knew my chinchilla was not going to make it. Despite vets, pins, amputation, and days of great hope, twenty days later he did die. So...Mom and that Irish feeling...was it religious? The family wanted to know. I am 99.9% positive it was not. The "Irish feeling" happens in what ends in an emotional time. There is no scientific explanation, but my own guess is when an emotion is great, it is more like a rock dropped into a still pond and which causes ripples to spread out in all directions--even backward in time--and it's that ripple I sense or feel. A strong emotion is not God, not anywhere close. It is simply an emotion.

Forum List

Back