dead at 88, 1st elected in 1973(Nixon years), Alaska GOP Rep Don Young was longest serving member of Congress ever,once held knife to Boehner's throat

i'd like to think it was real action rather than an act. Don Young was legitimately crazy and carried his knife around and did tricks with it and taught people stuff to do with it, so he liked to use that knife. also, he once strangled a bear!
Sounds like he was on drugs---

Just yesterday was listening to John Boehner’s memoir, in which he tells the legendary story of Don Young pulling a 10-inch knife on him on the House floor after Boehner made a speech against earmarks. Boehner didn't back down, said, “f*** you.” Later, Boehner was Young’s best man.

FOLR9ITWYAMeGu8

"I've been in this House now for 10 years. It's not as long as some of you, but longer than many of you." -- Don Young at start of passionate speech on House floor 1982 amid debate over congressional pay, tax deductions, and outside income:

Last edited:
a friend of mine from Alaska sent me this, he was in Young's office

FOOfKI1WUAUox4P

Young told a onetime Democratic challenger that the last person to touch him “ended up on the ground dead"...nice guy lol

Remember that time when Don Young called Rep. Pramila Jaypal a "young lady" who "doesn't know a damn thing what she's talking about" and accused her of being in a special interest's pocket on the House floor, only to have to come back and apologize publicly?

One of my favorite Don Young stories is that when he became Dean (meaning the longest serving member of the House), Paul Ryan said his duties included swearing-in the speaker and he said "Remember, that’s swearing in the speaker, not swearing at the speaker"

Sounds like he was on drugs---
he did support marijuana legalization, one of only 5 in the House, despite being a "macho" republican

FOOt4H1VQAATxMP

Last edited:
"i have exactly one nice thing to say about DonYoung. And that is his deep, vocal homophobia is what led me to my very first protest, at the public library in the late nineties. I hope his style of governance goes out like he did - with hoards of people cheering on it’s demise" - native Alaskan

Don Young and Iowa Sen Grassley were born only about three months apart: Young on June 9, 1933, and Chuck Grassley on September 17, 1933

From Cecil Andrus's memoir:

"Fourteen years after the Alaska Lands Act became law, [Don Young] would grumble to an interviewer, 'Jimmy Carter and Cecil Andrus locked up Alaska.' In my ears, those were words of tribute."

FOOvBcrVcAA5HEK

Young:

* Wanted ANWR drilled/destroyed
* Wanted 1/4th billion for "bridge to nowhere"
* Called climate change a scam
* Called COVID-19 blown our of proportion (got COVID from not wearing mask)

Quick question... would wearing mask prevent him from getting COVID?

Forum List

Back