DCEU future?

Mr.Blonde

Gold Member
Feb 12, 2017
What do you think should be the DCEU'S future?

I think they should do Wonder Woman, Matt Reeves Batman movie, the Marin Scorsese Joker film, and a dirt cheap (like Deadpool) Harley Quinn movie. If they can make critical and box office successful movies out of those then move forward from there.

They are making a couple more Harley Quinn movies, with Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens. I don't know if she will be in the Joker movie or not because Scorsese wants a different actor playing Joker...

You left out the Flash Point movie, Cyborg, Aquaman, and a supposed stand alone Deadshot one.

I think the DCEU needs to get a clear plan behind it. The movies to date, and the surrounding issues, have made it seem like a very haphazard approach to a shared cinematic universe.

Get a plan and implement it, without the studio execs deciding to change things late in the game.

They are making a couple more Harley Quinn movies, with Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens. I don't know if she will be in the Joker movie or not because Scorsese wants a different actor playing Joker...

You left out the Flash Point movie, Cyborg, Aquaman, and a supposed stand alone Deadshot one.

After JL barley going to break even (if not losing money) the only movie that isn't Aquaman that is definitely happening is Wonder Woman.

Not sure if what they are going to do with Reeves Batman movie. If it is going to be stand alone or a reboot of the whole DC Cinematic universe (if they are even still doing one).

After JL barley going to break even (if not losing money) the only movie that isn't Aquaman that is definitely happening is Wonder Woman.

Not sure if what they are going to do with Reeves Batman movie. If it is going to be stand alone or a reboot of the whole DC Cinematic universe (if they are even still doing one).

I also forgot the Green Lantern Corps movie.

The only movie I think may get cut out is the Cyborg one. Supposedly Cyborg is supposed to play a large role in the Flash point movie, so that may be enough. I'm not sure how that is going to work because Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Thomas Wayne, Bruce's dad) is supposed to play Batman in that movie as it is some kind of alternate universe yet Cyborg is the same guy... I dunno.

The only movie I think may get cut out is the Cyborg one. Supposedly Cyborg is supposed to play a large role in the Flash point movie, so that may be enough. I'm not sure how that is going to work because Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Thomas Wayne, Bruce's dad) is supposed to play Batman in that movie as it is some kind of alternate universe yet Cyborg is the same guy... I dunno.

As I understand it, Flashpoint is about Barry Allen going back in time and saving his mother. That leads to all kinds of unintended consequences, including Bruce Wayne being killed in the alley and Thomas Wayne surviving, and becoming a much more violent Batman.

Of course, it's entirely possible I'm getting my storylines mixed up. :lol:

As I understand it, Flashpoint is about Barry Allen going back in time and saving his mother. That leads to all kinds of unintended consequences, including Bruce Wayne being killed in the alley and Thomas Wayne surviving, and becoming a much more violent Batman.

Yeah but if that changes then what are the chances that Cyborg still gets in a wreck and is saved by his father using the motherbox? You'd think all kinds of stuff would get screwed up.

Yeah but if that changes then what are the chances that Cyborg still gets in a wreck and is saved by his father using the motherbox? You'd think all kinds of stuff would get screwed up.

Stories that change time could have almost anything change. They are almost like a blank slate for whoever writes them. They can strain credulity pretty far, but if you're already willing to accept someone going back in time and changing things......

Forum List

Back