DC Sports bar owner says he will boycott the Olympics

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

The U.S. has announced a diplomatic boycott of the Olympics, but some people, including DeFelice, believe there should be a total boycott.

"This isn’t easy for me because I know how damn hard these athletes work to have their moment in the sun once every four years. I support these American athletes and all athletes in their Olympic dream. The failure not to move the Olympics out of China falls on the IOC. However, four years of hard work isn’t of greater value than the lives of the oppressed in China," DeFelice told the outlet.

But the international powers that be refuse to move them out of China.

This shows us that the international powers that be don't care

Sorry, but a US diplomatic boycott of China does nothing. China just wants to compete against the world and, most importantly, the US, and win gold medals while being the spotlight of all the glory of the Olympics for the world to admire them.

But the Chinese economy is far too big as many who are making these decisions are on the Chinese payroll in some form or fashion.

The love of money truly is the root of all evil, as the world turns a blind eye.................again.

1643467711553.png

Yea, those Olympics should have been boycotted as well.

The U.S. has announced a diplomatic boycott of the Olympics, but some people, including DeFelice, believe there should be a total boycott.

"This isn’t easy for me because I know how damn hard these athletes work to have their moment in the sun once every four years. I support these American athletes and all athletes in their Olympic dream. The failure not to move the Olympics out of China falls on the IOC. However, four years of hard work isn’t of greater value than the lives of the oppressed in China," DeFelice told the outlet.

And, sorry, a US diplomatic boycott of China does nothing. China just wants to compete against the world and, most importantly, the US, and win gold medals while being the spotlight of all the glory of the Olympics for the world to admire.
Boycott NBC entirely not just the Olympic broadcasts

thats the only way to get money hungry tv execs and china’s attention

I support keeping politics out of the Olympics.
The Olympics is all about politics silly.

It is arguable that without politics, there would be no sports, much like the US probably would not have gone to the moon had it not been for the race to beat the USSR there. That is why we see those in sports becoming to political like Lebron defending China and attacking those who defend the Hong Kong protestors. They know it is their bread and butter

Politics is where all the money and power is after all.

The Olympics is all about politics silly.

It is arguable that without politics, there would be no sports, much like the US probably would not have gone to the moon had it not been for the race to beat the USSR there. That is why we see those in sports becoming to political like Lebron defending China and attacking those who defend the Hong Kong protestors. They know it is their bread and butter

Politics is where all the money and power is after all.

I support leaving politics out of the Olympics. You may see it that way but I do not.

I support leaving politics out of the Olympics. You may see it that way but I do not.
Human beings are political creatures who are unable to do so.

Going to China to compete in games where there is genocide going on is a political statement as to the level of indifference to it.

Sorry, but a US diplomatic boycott of China does nothing. China just wants to compete against the world and, most importantly, the US, and win gold medals while being the spotlight of all the glory of the Olympics for the world to admire them.

But the Chinese economy is far too big as many who are making these decisions are on the Chinese payroll in some form or fashion.

The love of money truly is the root of all evil, as the world turns a blind eye.................again.

View attachment 594260

Yea, those Olympics should have been boycotted as well.
If you want to boycott the Olympics...tell all of the athletes that go to China that they can't come back from China till they go thru a 6 month quarantine.
China could spread another virus all of the world if they just infected every athlete right before they leave. They could mist them as they're getting on the jets.
They wouldn't even know they were infected till they get back to their home countries.
Who's idea was it to hold an Olympics in China during a COVID pandemic that originated from China?

Sadly politics have become a cult for many.
Sadly, the democrat party will move the All Star game from Atlanta to Colorado because the GOP is supposedly evil according to them, but won't move the Olympics stop the US from participating at all because of their mass genocide

Speaks volumes to me.

Sadly, the democrat party will move the All Star game from Atlanta to Colorado because the GOP is supposedly evil according to them, but won't move the Olympics stop the US from participating at all because of their mass genocide

Speaks volumes to me.

I have no interest in your political rants here.

What did the Democrats gain by moving the All Star game? Nothing.

I have no interest in your political rants here.

What did the Democrats gain by moving the All Star game? Nothing.
Sure they did. They punished the people of Atlanta financially and they publicly shamed the entire state.

And they pissed off people like me

So yea, they accomplished a lot.

China should be financially punished and publicly shamed as well, but the difference is, they really deserve it as where the whole All Star game was racist baiting BS like democrats spew every 5 seconds.

Sure they did. They punished the people of Atlanta financially and they publicly shamed the entire state.

And they pissed off people like me

So yea, they accomplished a lot.

China should be financially punished and publicly shamed as well, but the difference is, they really deserve it as where the whole All Star game was racist baiting BS like democrats spew every 5 seconds.

The only people who would be punished is the athlete's.

I support these American athletes and all athletes in their Olympic dream.

That's bullshit. Anyone who says they support the athletes in their Olympic dream, and then insist there be a boycott, doesn't support the athletes at all.

It would be nice if patrons to his bar decided he should be the target of a boycott. I would love to see no one darken his doorstep for the duration of the games...

That's bullshit. Anyone who says they support the athletes in their Olympic dream, and then insist there be a boycott, doesn't support the athletes at all.

It would be nice if patrons to his bar decided he should be the target of a boycott. I would love to see no one darken his doorstep for the duration of the games...
The Olympics should be moved just like they did the All Star game

I can't imagine a bunch of guys going to a bar are that interested in downhill skiing anyway.

The calculus that by not watching you're somehow hurting he Chinese is silly. The showcase is for the athletes...not the nation. There are like 3 Olympians from Virginia. None from MD. You'd doing nothing except depriving the one or two people in the bar from watching someone who trained for a long time to be there.

No impact.

But it does highlight a need for the Olympics to do what the NFL did for so many years with the Super Bowl. The game essentially rotated from New Orleans to Los Angeles to a Florida locale and like every fourth Super Bowl was played in a selected city. It wasn't a formal thing as I understand but it was never the less the case.

Rotate the games (winter and summer) from LA to Paris to Tokyo and every 16 years or whatever have it in a city that has a plan for post-olympic use for new facilities) and do the same for the Winter Olympics. Stable governments, cities that already have the infrastructure and experience in hosting them, etc...

China and Russia should not host another Olympics until they stop disappearing their dissidents.

The Olympics should be moved just like they did the All Star game

Well, it's a little late in the game for that. It would've been late in the game two years ago. Boycotting the Olympics is basically a big "FUCK YOU" to the athletes...

Forum List

Back