Darwinism

As far as I heard Darwin stole a lot from Alfred Russel Wallace. And what about the idea that thieves sometimes don't like to believe in god any longer?

Wallace freely sent all his data to Darwin and encouraged Darwin to publish as he did ... there was nothing stolen between the two ...

Everyone speaks about Darwin - no one speaks about Wallace - but it looks like the best ideas came from Wallace and not from Darwin, isn't it? The most interesting man in context nature is by the way for me still Alexander von Humboldt. Humboldt and his lifestyle is very fascinating. "Everything is interaction".

Last edited:
sorry--I've tried to be polite, but you christians are not .....

I must have missed any post you made which was "polite." Where was that again?
Atheists smear and insult and curse and intimidate and we're supposed to smile and say "Thank you"? See if you can learn anything, anything at all. Calm your hostility and anger down.
Anger comes from the bosom of a fool. - The Holy Bible, on which U.S. Presidents take their oath of office

sorry--I've tried to be polite, but you christians are not .....

I must have missed any post you made which was "polite." Where was that again?

For a German I'm damned polite. Nearly an extremist of friendliness.

Atheists smear and insult and curse and intimidate and we're supposed to smile and say "Thank you"? See if you can learn anything, anything at all. Calm your hostility and anger down.

Hostility? Anger? ¿I?

Anger comes from the bosom of a fool.

One moment please - you call me a fool and you think you speak in the name of Christians?

- The Holy Bible, on which U.S. Presidents take their oath of office

Strange.

Last edited:
By the way. The very most Christians have absolutely not any problem with the theory of evolution ...

My reading of the Bible leads me to believe Christians are to be making peace with those who study evolution ... "blessed are the peacemakers" ... the only debate is exactly what was created in the beginning ... without vexing the Spirit with vanities ...

By the way. The very most Christians have absolutely not any problem with the theory of evolution.
My reading of the Bible leads me to believe Christians are to be making peace with those who study evolution ... "blessed are the peacemakers" ... the only debate is exactly what was created in the beginning ... without vexing the Spirit with vanities.
"Let there be light." The Big Bang? Then..., everything else is evolution.

By the way. The very most Christians have absolutely not any problem with the theory of evolution.
My reading of the Bible leads me to believe Christians are to be making peace with those who study evolution ... "blessed are the peacemakers" ... the only debate is exactly what was created in the beginning ... without vexing the Spirit with vanities.
That’s a possibility. Everything we understand about the universe tells us it is billions of years old. The gods didn’t write the Bible or any other “holy text”, humans did. Why would the Christian gods want humans to believe that existence began 6,000 years ago but then make the universe in such a way to make it look immensely old and leave massive clues to support that conclusion.

Everyone speaks about Darwin - no one speaks about Wallace - but it looks like the best ideas came from Wallace and not from Darwin, isn't it? The most interesting man in context nature is by the way for me still Alexander von Humboldt. Humboldt and his lifestyle is very fascinating. "Everything is interaction".

It's important to be aware of the temporal context ... today we have refereed peer-reviewed scientific journals to publish our papers ... back then we only had the act of "reading a paper into the minutes of the Royal Society" ... and in the mid-19th Century we needed to have the Church of England's permission to read a paper into these minutes ... there's some evidence that evolution was being discussed in the dark back hallways and toilet stalls at the Society before Darwin and Wallace started advocating these ideas ...

The Origin of Species was self-published by Darwin, and with his own money ... technically, this tome doesn't quality as a scientific publication ... it's fair to say that Darwin didn't discover evolution, rather he discovered a way to make money off evolution ... [ka'ching] ... and the book is still in print though I don't know if the royalties are still going to Darwin's descendents ...

Darwin supported Lamarckism ... social suicide saying anything from France was acceptable so soon after the Napoleonic Wars ... maybe something Wallace wasn't able to do ...

That’s a possibility. Everything we understand about the universe tells us it is billions of years old. The gods didn’t write the Bible or any other “holy text”, humans did. Why would the Christian gods want humans to believe that existence began 6,000 years ago but then make the universe in such a way to make it look immensely old and leave massive clues to support that conclusion.

The mistake here is that many things in the Bible make perfect sense ... and 2,500 years later we find these things make scientific sense as well ... no surprise ...

One example is the Biblical prohibition against siblings making babies together ... today we can explain this through recombinant DNA theory but that doesn't explain why this behavior is taboo through all human societies ... folks noticed that brother/sister mating produce screwed up children, perhaps as far back as Neanderthals ... another example is the law requiring a woman and newborn infant to be separated from the community for a few months ... today we know this is to keep the infant's under-developed immunization system away from the communicable pathogens ... but whoever wrote the law wasn't a microbiologist, folks just noticed babies in the community died more often than babies kept separate ...

It doesn't surprise me that 500 years of scientific research confirms 200,000 years of collective wisdom ... or should that be 2.5 million years? ...

... and the crow just laughs ...

By the way. The very most Christians have absolutely not any problem with the theory of evolution ...

My reading of the Bible leads me to believe Christians are to be making peace with those who study evolution ...

Why to make peace where never was a war?

"blessed are the peacemakers" ... the only debate is exactly what was created in the beginning ...

Sudddenly all energy was here including "here" (space) and "suddenly" (time) and the entropy started to grow. A little while later some human beings sit around their campfires and speak about what had happened.

without vexing the Spirit with vanities ...

How mutates light (or a big bang) and evolves new forms of light (electromagnetic radiation)? Do you really speak about the theory of [biological] evolution now?

How mutates light (or a big bang) and evolves new forms of light (electromagnetic radiation)? Do you really speak about the theory of [biological] evolution now?
Light(energy) becomes matter. E=mc2

The mistake here is that many things in the Bible make perfect sense ... and 2,500 years later we find these things make scientific sense as well ... no surprise ...

One example is the Biblical prohibition against siblings making babies together ... today we can explain this through recombinant DNA theory but that doesn't explain why this behavior is taboo through all human societies ... folks noticed that brother/sister mating produce screwed up children, perhaps as far back as Neanderthals ... another example is the law requiring a woman and newborn infant to be separated from the community for a few months ... today we know this is to keep the infant's under-developed immunization system away from the communicable pathogens ... but whoever wrote the law wasn't a microbiologist, folks just noticed babies in the community died more often than babies kept separate ...

It doesn't surprise me that 500 years of scientific research confirms 200,000 years of collective wisdom ... or should that be 2.5 million years? ...

... and the crow just laughs ...

I agree that knowledge builds upon earlier knowledge. I would never categorize humanity as scientifically bereft simply because a long time ago they weren't as sophisticated as we are. After all, we're talking about pyramid building ocean-faring/navigating, holistic medicine, atom-describing globe-deducing people here, some of whom did have an old-earth belief system within their cultures.

Because inductions are not infallible, mistakes will inevitably be made sometimes. Science attempts to identify and correct these errors – self-correction. For example, Newtonian mechanics was once considered to be the true situation of the universe. Einstein years later discovered that Newton’s laws are merely special cases in a reality that is far different than expected. Science is dynamic and constantly changing, but for the better. It is incrementally approaching truth.

Newtonian physics did not become false when we realized it was simply a special case of physics in non-relativistic scale. But it certainly could no longer lay claim to being “absolute.”

However, I think that it wouldn't have blown the circuits of earlier civilizations to be told the truth by one or more of the gods that have been claimed to exist:
"I created existence over a very long period of time. I've left clues to how you developed, and it is up to you to find those clues and build the puzzle because I've created you to evolve your intellect using those very functions I gave you. I'll give you a hint-- the stars are very very VERY far away!

It's fortunate that most of humanity has moved beyond the fear and superstition of the Dark Ages.

Creation science is modern. We're the ones who invented the scientific method and still are involved with today's science even though are eliminated from peer review.

Thus, it's atheist scientists running science today. It means they are wrong and believe in ignorant and wrong theories such as humans evolving from monkeys and birds from dinosaurs. They believe in abiogenesis with no evidence and no scientific method. Their leading scientist Darwin turned out to be a white supremacist and hate monger.

And what has the formula E=mc2 historically to do with Charles Darwin or what have the facts behind this formula to do with the theory of [biological] evolution?

said everyone would be an idiot, who would believe all this nonsense, which is said under the expression "evolution"
What nonsense? Be specific. I cant make heads or tails of this word salad.

Read what I wrote here. I gave somewhere for example the example "evolution of cars". In the moment I ask what the big bang theory or the existence of light or the existence of the formula "E=mc2" have to do with the theory of [biological] evolution. The known physical forces for example did not follow any darwinistic theory of evolution with "winners" (survivors) and "losers" (outdied species) - they just simple "froze out".

Last edited:
It's fortunate that most of humanity has moved beyond the fear and superstition of the Dark Ages.

Creation science is modern. We're the ones who invented the scientific method and still are involved with today's science even though are eliminated from peer review.

Thus, it's atheist scientists running science today. It means they are wrong and believe in ignorant and wrong theories such as humans evolving from monkeys and birds from dinosaurs. They believe in abiogenesis with no evidence and no scientific method. Their leading scientist Darwin turned out to be a white supremacist and hate monger.
No, That simply isn't true. There's nothing modern about biblical literalism.

You are certainly not the one who invented the scientific method. Your delusions are obviously unsupported.

Humans never evolved from monkeys. You're simply parroting nonsense claims from your creationist ministry. You obviously know nothing of science.

And what has the formula E=mc2 historically to do with Charles Darwin or what have the facts behind this formula to do with the theory of [biological] evolution?
The transformation of energy into matter was the beginning of all evolution.

I gave somewhere for example the example "evolution of cars". In the moment I ask what the big bang theory or the existence of light or the existence of the formula "E=mc2" have to do with the theory of [biological] evolution. The known physical forces for example did not follow any darwinistic theory of evolution with "winners" (survivors) and "losers" (outdied species) - they just simple "froze out".
The word 'evolution' is used in a different sense when talking cars vs. nature. That's equivocation. Also, there were winners and losers. Anti-matter lost out to normal matter.

Forum List

Back