Dancing is ridiculous?

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Think of anyone you work with or one of your neighbors. Now think of one of them dancing. Silly right? Especially at weddings. Awkward.

I get a profession of musicians who sing and play instruments who can also dance donā€™t get me wrong. But what about the backup dancers for people like Justin Timberlake? Thereā€™s an entire industry of people who just dance for a living. Not sing, not play a guitar. Just dance. God bless. I love a world where artists can make money. But itā€™s just silly right?

If you were to give me your best dance what would it be? Iā€™d Chris Brown it.

Dancing is ridiculous?​

That argument makes sense after seeing me attempt it.

But I know a young professional woman who seems irresistibly drawn to shimmying a bit when some tunes are being played. And Iā€™ll tell ya: when she dances, thereā€™s absolutely and unquestionably nothing silly about it. šŸ‘

I'd say this one stacks up, especially for its time. Start at 8:28.

Perfect. Amazing. Exactly. Now imagine anyone you know doing what Michael just did right there. Silly. Only maybe homer simpson or stewed griffin could get away with it. Man that was good. great pic

Dancing is ridiculous?​

That argument makes sense after seeing me attempt it.

But I know a young professional woman who seems irresistibly drawn to shimmying a bit when some tunes are being played. And Iā€™ll tell ya: when she dances, thereā€™s absolutely and unquestionably nothing silly about it. šŸ‘
Oh I get why as a guy we have to do it. But itā€™s silly. Not when they do it. Theyā€™re doing it from the soul and itā€™s beautiful

Yeahā€¦None of the OP computes with me.
Iā€™m imagining what you or any other normal looking American guy looks like dancing you look silly. Justin timberlake and usher are amazing, but itā€™s silly really.

Now maybe you dance cool. But most donā€™t have it, yet they still do it. You see it at proms, weddings, dance clubs. Guys only out there cause she wants to dance before they fuck.

Iā€™m imagining what you or any other normal looking American guy looks like dancing you look silly. Justin timberlake and usher are amazing, but itā€™s silly really.

Now maybe you dance cool. But most donā€™t have it, yet they still do it. You see it at proms, weddings, dance clubs. Guys only out there cause she wants to dance before they fuck.
The only time I ever got on a dance floor was when I was chasing pussy.

Think of anyone you work with or one of your neighbors. Now think of one of them dancing. Silly right? Especially at weddings. Awkward.

I get a profession of musicians who sing and play instruments who can also dance donā€™t get me wrong. But what about the backup dancers for people like Justin Timberlake? Thereā€™s an entire industry of people who just dance for a living. Not sing, not play a guitar. Just dance. God bless. I love a world where artists can make money. But itā€™s just silly right?

If you were to give me your best dance what would it be? Iā€™d Chris Brown it.

The Biden two step?

I think I freak my cat out with my dance moves. And I'll slide on the kitchen floor like I'm Tom Cruise in "Risky Business" if and when I feel like it.

Anyhoo, the ultimate dancing brothers, the Nicolas Brothers, who you'll see at 1:30 in this Cab Calloway video for "Jumpin' Jive" from the movie "Stormy Weather," epic moves I'd never attempt.

What made me start this thread was I was watching an Annette funachelo and frankie movie and watching all the guys dancing it looked obvious those guys werenā€™t having fun. They were only dancing because the girls were dancing. Thereā€™s a million other things Iā€™d rather be doing with those girls. Talk to her? Kiss her?

1704635919206.jpeg

There have been time when I heard a song I love and it moves me to go out and dance but I think I only got cool moves for about 15 seconds. Maybe thatā€™s why I like the dance circle where one person dances at a time. I can go in the middle, do a couple funny good moves, then I need to turn it over to someone else.

I love good dancers. Wish I was one.

But even people who can dance better than me look stupid. Iā€™m thinking about my brother back in high school. I remember he had the foot steps to do this cool new dance. Even though it was a pretty cool new step and I couldnā€™t do it, he still looked stupid doing it. Forced. Okay so are you going to do that the entire song? What about he next song?

I know Iā€™m being a dick. Making people feel self conscious about themselves and I shouldnā€™t do that. Next time one of you is at a dance youā€™re going to think about this. I should be encouraging you to release your hidden dance boys. Lol

Last time I danced I was with my college nephew and his friends. We were at a bar and I kept telling them to go dance with the girls on the dance floor. They wouldnā€™t. So I danced on out to the girls on the dance floor and as I danced with the girls I asked them to go grab the boys and make them dance. The rest of the night went well.

Forum List

Back