(D) Patrick Kennedy Tirade: MSM Ignoring Wars...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Wow! This guy really loses it. I'm certainly no big Patrick Kennedy fan but he did make some valid points in his freak out. The Liberal dominated MSM has been ignoring the Wars lately. In fact the entire "Anti-War" Left has as well. I remember when Liberal Media outlets like CNN and NBC used to enthusiastically plaster our dead soldiers' faces all over TV 24/7. We're definitely not seeing that same enthusiasm from them anymore. So what has changed? My guess is that one of their own is now in the White House so dead soldiers don't benefit them politically anymore. We saw this same coverage back when Bill Clinton was bombing several nations as President. Just didn't hear too much from the "Anti-War" Left back then either. So are the so-called "Anti-War" Leftists and Liberal Press really just frauds in the end? I have to give Patrick Kennedy some Kudos for his honesty.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKC3AiQkmuY[/ame]

Last edited:
Watching Patrick makes me think that the Kennedy line has greatly degenerated due to inbreeding.

What a moron.

Really.

You answered your own question. Obama is President. They have no desire to make him look bad. These are Bush's wars, it doesn't matter that he no longer holds office. Can't bring the troops home? Not Obama's fault. Can't close Guantanamo? Not Obama's fault. No need to remind people what's going on if it's not Bush's fault. Forget all the campaign promises, it not his fault. He had to be elected.

MSM has not been ignoring Wars

We get daily reports on Taliban leaders being captured
Al Qaeda heads killed in rocket attacks
Shrinking "safe zones" for terrorists

Well he will be out of Congress soon but i thought he made some very valid points in his tirade. That was just a part of his speech. The other parts of the speech focused on the Wars themselves and how they're being fought. Interesting stuff.

Our biggest threat to Liberty right now is Obamacare. Kennedy is engaging in a bit of the Fog of War to create a distraction so that his Dad's Dream will be forced on The People against Our Will.

Yea just not seeing all of our dead kids' faces plastered all over nightly news broadcasts anymore. Why is that? One of their own is in power now so the Liberal Press has nothing to gain politically by showing our dead kids' faces anymore. It is very sad but it is what it is i guess.

Yea like i said,i'm no big Patrick Kennedy fan but if you listen to his entire speech i think you will be impressed a bit. Here's more of his speech...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_szCWi4Sr8[/ame]

Last edited:
Kennedy's an idiot. The wars are being covered, just not the way he WANTS it to be.

Well i have to agree with him on this one. The Liberal MSM is covering the Wars differently in my opinion. I mean come on,they used to be almost gleeful when plastering our dead soldiers' faces all over TV 24/7. The fact is,dead soldiers no longer benefit them politically anymore now that one of their own is in power. In my opinion the so-called "Anti-War Left" and Liberal Press are complete frauds. Just my take anyway.

No matter what you may think of the Kennedy's, or for that matter, this particular Kennedy; he got it right. Walter Cronkite is dead. These days all that we believe to be true, is being presented through "media" colored glasses. In other words; the media will most often put its own spin on things, or lay down a smoke screen any WWII destroyer would be envious of, on behalf of someone or some thing. It use to be said; believe half of what you see, and none of what you here. I offer up this verse for the modern day; it's all bullshit, look to yourself for the answers.

Not being politically correct =/= Acting like a Loon

Well he will be out of Congress soon but i thought he made some very valid points in his tirade. That was just a part of his speech. The other parts of the speech focused on the Wars themselves and how they're being fought. Interesting stuff.

It's clear that the media (all of it) has been more focused on the economy and particularly the health care issue and for good reason. The Iraq war has been steadily winding down; I don't think the American people will ALLOW the Afghanistan war to continue ad infinitum like the Iraq war. So frankly, I didn't understand why Kennedy chose those subjects to rail about. My concern is that the media focuses too heavily on the "wars" at home--the he said/she said internal battles that are perilously dividing us as Americans.

No matter what you may think of the Kennedy's, or for that matter, this particular Kennedy; he got it right. Walter Cronkite is dead. These days all that we believe to be true, is being presented through "media" colored glasses. In other words; the media will most often put its own spin on things, or lay down a smoke screen any WWII destroyer would be envious of, on behalf of someone or some thing. It use to be said; believe half of what you see, and none of what you here. I offer up this verse for the modern day; it's all bullshit, look to yourself for the answers.

Bull Shit

There is no single media like there was in the day of Cronkite. You have blatant left wing, blatant right wing, you have broadcast TV, radio, newspapers, internet ...all with differing opinions and spins on each story. Individual soldiers and civilians can instantly publish their views and have them viewed worldwide within minutes

Freedom of the press is alive and well

Yea just not seeing all of our dead kids' faces plastered all over nightly news broadcasts anymore. Why is that? One of their own is in power now so the Liberal Press has nothing to gain politically by showing our dead kids' faces anymore. It is very sad but it is what it is i guess.

The only channel I ever saw the faces of soldiers and Marines who had died was Sundays on CNN.

All Liberal Media outlets but especially CNN & NBC,used to be almost euphoric when plastering our dead soldiers' faces all over TV 24/7. Just not seeing that same euphoria and enthusiasm for that anymore. I wonder why? The answer is that one of their own is now in power so they have nothing to gain politically by plastering our dead kids' faces all over the nightly news. It is shameful but not surprising coming from the corrupt Liberal Media. They never cared about our kids. They were just liars and political opportunists all along. How sad.

Bull Shit

There is no single media like there was in the day of Cronkite. You have blatant left wing, blatant right wing, you have broadcast TV, radio, newspapers, internet ...all with differing opinions and spins on each story. Individual soldiers and civilians can instantly publish their views and have them viewed worldwide within minutes

Freedom of the press is alive and well

Man, you must be asleep at the wheel! Speaking in terms of the popular, readily available news for the harried world; there were news networks before Cronkite's day, through his day, and these days they're just one big happy family. Browse the newspapers, the magazines, the web; it will blow your mind how many stories in as many different forms of media were written by the same person and shared by "permission".

My point; dig deeper.

Forum List

Back