Cuteness Alert! new kids, 7 hours old

i do keep goats for milk and meat, even if i treat them like pets. even my chickens and turkeys are tame spoiled things.
ever see a steer beg? lol.

you eat your pets?

gross.
Nothing says you cannot treat your future meals nicely, you know. You also cannot keep all the animals born. I have a vigorous meat demand so I don't get to eat many of my culls. Turkeys and chickens are meant to make more meat. I'm not eating cats and dogs, you know. Keeping goats, chickens and turkeys means I won't be forced to eat the cats and dogs.

i do keep goats for milk and meat, even if i treat them like pets. even my chickens and turkeys are tame spoiled things.

you eat your pets?

gross.

yes ma'am. I make sure they don't even know they are dying, it makes better meat.

that's horrible.
i disagree, my animals all lead a happy spoiled life, much more so than most.
and just where do you think meat comes from? Did you ever join 4h?

you eat your pets?

gross.

yes ma'am. I make sure they don't even know they are dying, it makes better meat.
Most of my meat customers are efficient and also like to kill their animals out of sight of the others. They pay cash up front and do the work themselves as well as killing the animals humanely and efficiently.

I would never call a plate of dinner "pet".

NEVER.
What the hell do you eat for dinner? You understand that your meat bought at a grocery is usually mistreated and mass-produced? I treat my animals with kindness and respect, regardless of their ultimate destiny. But it's OK. You eat what you like and we'll eat what we like. Thanks.

I eat chicken and fish...i don't eat red meat....but my point is...

I would never call an animal "pet" if I know the next day i will eat it.

That's all, ok?

NEVER.
What the hell do you eat for dinner? You understand that your meat bought at a grocery is usually mistreated and mass-produced? I treat my animals with kindness and respect, regardless of their ultimate destiny. But it's OK. You eat what you like and we'll eat what we like. Thanks.

That's all, ok?

yes ma'am, it is ok. But if farmers disapear it might become a problem. I doubt that will happen, so please continue to support farmers by buying food at your grocer!

NEVER.

That's all, ok?
Okay. I don't call mine pets although my partner does. I keep telling him not to name the culls, but he keeps doing it. I don't even like handling the culls all that much because it seems unfair to make friends with them and have them trust you if you will be catching them only to hand them over to the butcher. My "pets" are the milking does and the breeding bucks. And even they are more like "production partners" than pets. I have breeding chickens and turkeys, their offspring become food, either as eggs or meat.

NEVER.

That's all, ok?

yes ma'am, it is ok. But if farmers disapear it might become a problem. I doubt that will happen, so please continue to support farmers by buying food at your grocer!
But recall that every feathered and finned creature was alive at some point in time. Food doesn't come from Styrofoam trays. Someone has to care for those animals.

NEVER.

That's all, ok?

Then don't start a thread with the words CUTENESS ALERT NEW KIDS 7 hours old

only to tell us you will eat them.

it is gross! do you know what I mean?

NEVER.

That's all, ok?

Future food cannot be cute?

NEVER.

That's all, ok?

these ones are destined to be breeders, herd starters. boer-nubian crosses are said to be hardy, good milkers as well as good for meat.

I didn't put a pic of wooly bully the steer on here....

My partner "saves" whethers. I can't think of anything more useless on a dairy farm. But he insists. I offer him some promising doelings every year and he tries to "save" the whethers. His five adult whethers are the most destructive bullies here. He doesn't bother to teach them to pack or pull carts, both acceptable whether occupations. They just break down their fences, ruin the hay, and rampage about as they please. This weekend, I am rebuilding their fences and installing electric fences to contain them. If this doesn't work, a .44 will. I'll just claim they broke out and ran off. No one wants to eat 5-8 yr old whethers.

Forum List

Back