Cuomo: 'Umm...whattaya know....it works'

What people who are against this drug discount is that doctors treat other illnesses with off label drugs all the time. The FDA is not the end all be all. They put my mom on hydroxychloroquine the the same night she went into the hospital. They did so even before her test came back positive. They looked at her chest X-ray and evaluated her systems and knew she had COVID19. They didn’t even ask her or the family, they just put her on it. Doctors believe in this drug. That counts for something.
How is your mom, Rocko? Hope she's better.

She’s doing better, thank you very much. it’s still a nerve racking time for me, my family, and friends of my family. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. But we’ve been getting good lab results lately that are giving us hope.

I hope she gets better. Keep us posted.

Thanks man!

the nature of PHARMACOLOGY-----"differential toxicology"
we have to be patient
Wag your tail a lot. They might give you a treat(ment)

Her and others want an airtight guarantee. If they die waiting for one, that's okay, that's their choice.
But if others die who are willing to take the risk of this intervention but cannot, well, THAT IS NOT OKAY!
Who is stopping doctors from using it?

Governor of Michigan is one. She said she would revoke doctor's license if they prescribe it for the coronavirus. Now, she may have changed her mind but that was the last I read.

After being one of the many Trump-haters bashing the President for suggesting the antimalarial drug be used by doctors to help treat / save patients infected with COVID0-19 before formal drug trials have been completed, NY Gov Andrew Cuomo stated in today's Press Conference that the treatment is working.....'anecdotally'.

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo(D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine “anecdotally” suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been “effective,” but that official data was still forthcoming.

Asked about the progress of the trials at his daily press briefing, Cuomo noted that state officials have allowed use of the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax in hospitals “at their discretion.” He said the federal government would increase supplies to New York pharmacies, but that New York has imposed a 14-day limit to protect the supplies for people who rely on it to treat other medical conditions."

"President Trump has repeatedly promoted the drug as a treatment for the virus despite lack of approval by the Food and Drug Administration for that use in the long-term or comprehensive clinical trial data, although the agency has granted emergency approval for use with a prescription."

If you or a loved one are extremely ill, potentially dying, from COVID-19 and there is a drug out there already approved to fight malaria that doctors / scientists believe have a good chance of being used to treat this virus and save lives, do you really want to wait for the CDC / government to conduct comprehensive clinical trials to confirm it works....or do you want to allow doctors to make the call in order to save lives?

It's working.

The President didn't just pull this drug out of his ass - he listened to experts / scientists / researchers / doctors. They/ He are / were right. Let the doctors make the call. You're welcome NY / US.

Nobody has suggested there isn't anecdotal evidence.

Maybe you should look up the word?

we have to be patient

Her and others want an airtight guarantee. If they die waiting for one, that's okay, that's their choice.
But if others die who are willing to take the risk of this intervention but cannot, well, THAT IS NOT OKAY!

Governor of Michigan is one. She said she would revoke doctor's license if they prescribe it for the coronavirus. Now, she may have changed her mind but that was the last I read.

Any doctor who perscribed it for COVID-19 is a quack who should lose their license.
The reality is that hydroxychloroquine does not and can not possibly effect a virus, but it can and does bring down a high fever, regardless of what caused it, including COVID-19.
So while it is being used on COVID-19 patients successfully, it will not do anything for those who do not have a dangerously high fever.

Tell you what, if you are on your death bed with COVID-19, refuse the medication hydroxychloroquine. Maybe it helps and maybe it won't. But you stick to your guns that orangeman bad, you show him up and don't take it. That will show him!
I'll tell you this:
If I'm on my deathbed the last person in the world I would consult for a medical opinion is the incompetent, brain-dead, pathological liar in the White House.

Senate Republicans have no excuse for their piss-poor coronavirus response. No excuse whatsoever

"The first sign the Trump administration might be taking the novel coronavirus seriously originally came on Jan. 31, when the White House issued a ban on travelers from China and declared the public health emergency Schumer had been pushing for.

"However, Trump spent the entirety of the next month downplaying the threat.

"At a Feb. 10 campaign rally, Trump declared, 'Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.'

"He mocked 'Cryin' Chuck Schumer' on Feb. 25 for urging Trump to ask for more than $2.5 billion for an initial supplemental to respond to the novel coronavirus.

"On Feb. 26, Trump predicted at a White House briefing that in a couple of days the number of coronavirus cases in the nation would be "down to close to zero," adding, 'that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.'

"Mission accomplished."

we have to be patient

Any doctor who perscribed it for COVID-19 is a quack who should lose their license.
The reality is that hydroxychloroquine does not and can not possibly effect a virus, but it can and does bring down a high fever, regardless of what caused it, including COVID-19.
So while it is being used on COVID-19 patients successfully, it will not do anything for those who do not have a dangerously high fever.

It isn't being used to treat fever, zipperface, it's being used to prevent pneumonia for those on the verge of it.

Wrong.
Hydroxychloroquine not only does nothing to help fight pneumonia, but it has often caused pneumonia.

we have to be patient

It isn't being used to treat fever, zipperface, it's being used to prevent pneumonia for those on the verge of it.

Wrong.
Hydroxychloroquine not only does nothing to help fight pneumonia, but it has often caused pneumonia.

Are you a doctor, or just a common interwebz linker?

LANSING – A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus. Detroit rep says hydroxychloroquine, Trump helped save her life amid COVID-19 fight

She is not a doctor, was taking a lot of things, and has no idea what actually happened.
She may simply have been about to get better on her own.
It all depends on if and when the body starts to react to the virus.
But when she previously took hydroxychloroquine for lymes disease, which is a parasite, then likely she set herself up for the placebo effect.
And since she was also prescribed antibiotics, she likely had complications that were the main felt problem.

we have to be patient

Wrong.

Not a doctor, but very connected to the best doctors.
Worked for Biotronik, the largest pacemaker company in the world.

When I asked doctors, what they told me is that the reaction to an infection can become more dangerous then the infection. The antibodies can start attacking healthy cells, and the high fever can kill you.
So the use of Hydroxychloroquine is often used to stop the inflammation and side effects.
It will bring the fever down.
But that can also reduce immune response in the lungs, causing pneumonia.

{...
CONCLUSIONS: Hydroxychloroquine exerts its effect on the immune system by decreasing lymphocyte proliferation and pro-inflammatory cytokines such as TNF-alpha. These are potential mechanisms that can render a host susceptible to infections such as pneumonia. This patient had evidence of selective IgG2 deficiency that correlated with administration of hydroxychloroquine. This is a previously unrecognized alteration of the humoral immune system by this medication.
...}

Last edited:
we have to be patient

Which is not true. She said doctors could be subject to review for using it outside FDA guidance, which is always true.

The President didn't just pull this drug out of his ass - he listened to experts / scientists / researchers / doctors. They/ He are / were right. Let the doctors make the call. You're welcome NY / US.
Based on past performance, does it seem more likely Trump's support for hydroxychloroquine as a Covid-19 treatment is due to financial incentives?

Novartis trends as Trump accused of pushing unproven use of hydroxychloroquine made by pharmaceutical company

"Social media users have been reacting to President Donald Trump's championing of the use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19, with some referring to a deal struck in 2017 between the pharmaceutical company Novartis, which makes the drug, and the president's former lawyer Michael Cohen..."

"On Sunday night and Monday morning, Novartis, the Swiss pharmaceutical company that is a major manufacturer of the drug, started trending.
D7QmhRX.jpg

"Some referred to the company's payment of $1.2 million to Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen for health care policy consulting work during a contract that was signed in 2017."

In all fairness Hydroxychloroquine is generic drug for decades and is relatively cheap to make and buy...

Sandoz can its competitors can make this stuff very fast if needed... First thing, does it work.

we have to be patient

Wrong.

Not a doctor, but very connected to the best doctors.
Worked for Biotronik, the largest pacemaker company in the world.
Nonsense. There is nothing crazy about attempting it. The only problem is over promising results.

LANSING – A Democratic state representative from Detroit is crediting hydroxychloroquine — and Republican President Donald Trump who touted the drug — for saving her in her battle with the coronavirus. Detroit rep says hydroxychloroquine, Trump helped save her life amid COVID-19 fight

She is not a doctor, was taking a lot of things, and has no idea what actually happened.
But when she previously took hydroxychloroquine for lymes disease, which is a parasite, then likely she set herself up for the placebo effect.
And since she was also prescribed antibiotics, she likely had complications that were the main felt problem.
ITs usually dosed cocktail style with other meds and steroids among other things....have yet to read an example of someone who took just that.

You are a straw-grasping poor excuse of a self-annointed know-it-all.

After being one of the many Trump-haters bashing the President for suggesting the antimalarial drug be used by doctors to help treat / save patients infected with COVID0-19 before formal drug trials have been completed, NY Gov Andrew Cuomo stated in today's Press Conference that the treatment is working.....'anecdotally'.

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo(D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine “anecdotally” suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been “effective,” but that official data was still forthcoming.

Asked about the progress of the trials at his daily press briefing, Cuomo noted that state officials have allowed use of the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax in hospitals “at their discretion.” He said the federal government would increase supplies to New York pharmacies, but that New York has imposed a 14-day limit to protect the supplies for people who rely on it to treat other medical conditions."

"President Trump has repeatedly promoted the drug as a treatment for the virus despite lack of approval by the Food and Drug Administration for that use in the long-term or comprehensive clinical trial data, although the agency has granted emergency approval for use with a prescription."

If you or a loved one are extremely ill, potentially dying, from COVID-19 and there is a drug out there already approved to fight malaria that doctors / scientists believe have a good chance of being used to treat this virus and save lives, do you really want to wait for the CDC / government to conduct comprehensive clinical trials to confirm it works....or do you want to allow doctors to make the call in order to save lives?

It's working.

From what I am gathering from other threads that Conservatives seem to be open to the treatment.
Also.....it seems that the liberals would sacrifice their loved ones because the drug hasn't gone through
the trials.
I think it comes down to that Trump has openly accepted the drugs as treatment until the new drugs
go through the trials for the next year. And the liberals will not accept anything that Trump has given
his approval to. weird
The only thing I object to is people self-prescribing WITHOUT a doctor's advice. I think that is what has some folks up in arms. But I don't know how they'd get it without a doctor anyway. So that's a question. If my doctor gives it to me, sure I'll take it. I trust him.
No one has even suggested that.

Forum List

Back