Cuomo: 'Umm...whattaya know....it works'

the nature of PHARMACOLOGY-----"differential toxicology"
we have to be patient
Wag your tail a lot. They might give you a treat(ment)

Her and others want an airtight guarantee. If they die waiting for one, that's okay, that's their choice.
But if others die who are willing to take the risk of this intervention but cannot, well, THAT IS NOT OKAY!
we have to be patient

Her and others want an airtight guarantee. If they die waiting for one, that's okay, that's their choice.
But if others die who are willing to take the risk of this intervention but cannot, well, THAT IS NOT OKAY!

My understanding is the reason why they give it in hospitals but don’t prescribe it to patients that are treating themselves at home is people with heart arrhythmia can’t take this medicine because it can make their condition worse. So in essence the patient’s heart situation must be monitored continually while taking this drug.

What people who are against this drug discount is that doctors treat other illnesses with off label drugs all the time. The FDA is not the end all be all. They put my mom on hydroxychloroquine the the same night she went into the hospital. They did so even before her test came back positive. They looked at her chest X-ray and evaluated her systems and knew she had COVID19. They didn’t even ask her or the family, they just put her on it. Doctors believe in this drug. That counts for something.
How is your mom, Rocko? Hope she's better.

She’s doing better, thank you very much. it’s still a nerve racking time for me, my family, and friends of my family. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. But we’ve been getting good lab results lately that are giving us hope.
You're probably not allowed to visit? That is one part of this that truly sucks. Especially if it's dicey. Has she got a laptop or a phone? Can you and your family Zoom her?

No one in New York or NJ is allowed to visit anyone in the hospital, much less COVID patients. That’s one thing that’s sad about this virus. A lot of people are going to die alone. My mom has a phone and we’re in constant contact with her throughout the day.

"There is no clear evidence that the drugs (chloroquine or hydroxychloroquine) work against the coronavirus, despite their use by hospitals and doctors in the United States and other countries since the outbreak began. Their antiviral properties have been proved in test tubes, but rigorous clinical trials to test their effectiveness in humans have not been completed.

Limited studies on coronavirus patients have been published by researchers in France and China, but their extremely small size and other problems prevented them from being statistically significant. The French study included a combination of hydroxychloroquine with the antibiotic azithromycin that showed benefit in six patients, results that Trump has touted. Another study in 11 patients in France showed no evidence the regimen works. A Chinese study also showed no benefit over the standard course of treatment."
You Progs spew about the world being evolved. And you follow politicians that are from another era over a half century ago. The old must go. Trump is the new wave. A good one if allowed to try.

we have to be patient

we have to be patient

My understanding is the reason why they give it in hospitals but don’t prescribe it to patients that are treating themselves at home is people with heart arrhythmia can’t take this medicine because it can make their condition worse. So in essence the patient’s heart situation must be monitored continually while taking this drug.
In the FDA's Emergency Order allowing it's use in some patients, it also requires doctors using it to record/report on the outcome. They're desperately looking for answers.

we have to be patient

we have to be patient

No drug is without side effects.
It does sound like she is in good hands!
It sounds hopeful.

After being one of the many Trump-haters bashing the President for suggesting the antimalarial drug be used by doctors to help treat / save patients infected with COVID0-19 before formal drug trials have been completed, NY Gov Andrew Cuomo stated in today's Press Conference that the treatment is working.....'anecdotally'.

"New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo(D) said Monday that early responses to the antimalarial drug hydroxychloroquine “anecdotally” suggest its use in the coronavirus fight has been “effective,” but that official data was still forthcoming.

Asked about the progress of the trials at his daily press briefing, Cuomo noted that state officials have allowed use of the drug in combination with the antibiotic Zithromax in hospitals “at their discretion.” He said the federal government would increase supplies to New York pharmacies, but that New York has imposed a 14-day limit to protect the supplies for people who rely on it to treat other medical conditions."

"President Trump has repeatedly promoted the drug as a treatment for the virus despite lack of approval by the Food and Drug Administration for that use in the long-term or comprehensive clinical trial data, although the agency has granted emergency approval for use with a prescription."

If you or a loved one are extremely ill, potentially dying, from COVID-19 and there is a drug out there already approved to fight malaria that doctors / scientists believe have a good chance of being used to treat this virus and save lives, do you really want to wait for the CDC / government to conduct comprehensive clinical trials to confirm it works....or do you want to allow doctors to make the call in order to save lives?

It's working.

The President didn't just pull this drug out of his ass - he listened to experts / scientists / researchers / doctors. They/ He are / were right. Let the doctors make the call. You're welcome NY / US.

Democrats have to board this train or they will be seen for what they are... Criminals lusting for power.. When the preliminary report drops on Wednesday they will be eating a lot of crow...

One of the major reasons NY's numbers of infected is dropping is the shortened length of stay and length of infection this drug helps with...
They’ll never do that. If this ends without the massive death count they will immediately switch to how Trump over reacted and it’s still his fault.

What people who are against this drug discount is that doctors treat other illnesses with off label drugs all the time. The FDA is not the end all be all. They put my mom on hydroxychloroquine the the same night she went into the hospital. They did so even before her test came back positive. They looked at her chest X-ray and evaluated her systems and knew she had COVID19. They didn’t even ask her or the family, they just put her on it. Doctors believe in this drug. That counts for something.
How long ago was this and what is her condition today?

She was hospitalized Tuesday night. Her lab results have gotten better past couple of days. She’s on the minimum amount of oxygen and sounds like she’s doing well when I talk to her. Only symptom she has is exhaustion and diarrhea. Me and my family are on pins and needles. The doctor says her prognosis looks good, but there are no guarantees.

Good to hear that she is improving..

Do you know what meds they placed her on?

She was hospitalized Tuesday night. Her lab results have gotten better past couple of days. She’s on the minimum amount of oxygen and sounds like she’s doing well when I talk to her. Only symptom she has is exhaustion and diarrhea. Me and my family are on pins and needles. The doctor says her prognosis looks good, but there are no guarantees.

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin

What was funny is how hard Coumo had to bite his tongue and admit this... The fool still has not allowed its use globally in his state yet..

Of course not...…….all those millions with malaria need it first, dontcha know. :rolleyes-41:

we have to be patient

we have to be patient

You are correct.

There are also drug interactions but they are few.

Unless you have a known heart condition are taking beta blockers the drug has very little negative impacts.

Hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin
Doesn't surprise me.. The first drug Hydroxychloroquine slows the reproduction of the virus and the bodys own immune system from attacking lung tissues. The second drug A-Zithromycin removes the bacterial infection that is secondary due to the forming pneumonia. I would love to see consecutive days of blood work to see how well it worked.

we have to be patient

we have to be patient

It's the Azithro that messes with the heart. Sub in Keflex(Cephalexin) and you get nearly equal response. Some try Cipro, arguably #1 but it comes with many other sorts of side effects. Keflex is generally super clean.They use it here quite a bit.
20 officially clean and released from the Crownitis.
65 more to be tested at home over the upcoming days. Another couple hundred over the next couple weeks.
Hopefully all good to go.They test at 15 days plus, and even if "clear" are still Q for another 7-10 days after and re-tested to be "more surer" ? Then they give plasma for processing into an immune therapy. Vaccine=bullshit.

Good idea for a "shithole" I reckon.Panama, same population right next door, is a disaster in comparison right now. Too much militaristic funds(even tho no more "military"----yeah right) and not enough important stuff funded. Sound familiar ?

Based on past performance, does it seem more likely Trump's support for hydroxychloroquine as a Covid-19 treatment is due to financial incentives?

The President's support for the use of the drug came about as a result of talking to doctors, scientists, and medical professionals, not CEOs, Wall Street Brokers, and financial managers......but keep reaching.....

everyone he railed against before the virus

and not an economist in the whitehouse

got it -

Fauci IMO has been downplaying drug treatments because he is doing his own clinical trial of the effectiveness of quarantining the US during a pandemic and doesn't want treatments interfering...TRUMP needs to give Fauci the boot.

I do wonder how many people being/or have been treated for COVID-19 asked about hydroxychloroquine but treatment was discouraged by doctors.

What people who are against this drug discount is that doctors treat other illnesses with off label drugs all the time. The FDA is not the end all be all. They put my mom on hydroxychloroquine the the same night she went into the hospital. They did so even before her test came back positive. They looked at her chest X-ray and evaluated her symptoms and knew she had COVID19. They didn’t even ask her or the family, they just put her on it. Doctors believe in this drug. That counts for something.

Sorry to here about your mother. Hope she is doing well and pulls through.

The President didn't just pull this drug out of his ass - he listened to experts / scientists / researchers / doctors. They/ He are / were right. Let the doctors make the call. You're welcome NY / US.
Based on past performance, does it seem more likely Trump's support for hydroxychloroquine as a Covid-19 treatment is due to financial incentives?

Novartis trends as Trump accused of pushing unproven use of hydroxychloroquine made by pharmaceutical company

"Social media users have been reacting to President Donald Trump's championing of the use of hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19, with some referring to a deal struck in 2017 between the pharmaceutical company Novartis, which makes the drug, and the president's former lawyer Michael Cohen..."

"On Sunday night and Monday morning, Novartis, the Swiss pharmaceutical company that is a major manufacturer of the drug, started trending.
D7QmhRX.jpg

"Some referred to the company's payment of $1.2 million to Trump's former lawyer Michael Cohen for health care policy consulting work during a contract that was signed in 2017."

Tell you what, if you are on your death bed with COVID-19, refuse the medication hydroxychloroquine. Maybe it helps and maybe it won't. But you stick to your guns that orangeman bad, you show him up and don't take it. That will show him!

How is your mom, Rocko? Hope she's better.

She’s doing better, thank you very much. it’s still a nerve racking time for me, my family, and friends of my family. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. But we’ve been getting good lab results lately that are giving us hope.

I hope she gets better. Keep us posted.

Forum List

Back