culture warriors on this board

You know why they didtn come down on sandy very hard?

because he was pocketing copies and he knew they were copies.

It was an obvious attempt to prepare himself and Yes it was wrong but he was NOT trying to destroy docs.

That is simply NOT proven, he had access to documents that were single source and were not yet documented in the archives. No one wants to dig enough to find out what he took or why. Our Impartial Press just isn't interested. BUT hey Libby was a liar so lets put him in jail... NOW that was worth years of investigation and the money spent.

You know why they didtn come down on sandy very hard?

because he was pocketing copies and he knew they were copies.

It was an obvious attempt to prepare himself and Yes it was wrong but he was NOT trying to destroy docs.

Also he ADMITTED to doing exactly that, not only DESTROYING documents but leaving classified documents for anyone to find in unsecured areas.

3500 American civilians have died in Iraq? Care to provide some evidence of that?

My post does not say that?

I guess that proves it, FDR was the second WORST President we ever had, Lincoln being the Worst, think of the hundreds of thousands of dead while they were President.

This is one of the most ignorant things I have ever heard. When someone dies, for freedom.....its different from dying....in the middle of a civil war between several different religious groups, who you cant even talk to or understand why they are fighting. Your right, Bush is just like lincoln, except Bush is not fighting to free the slaves, he is fighting to free the oil. I guess they are similar? :eusa_wall:

And yes he DID fight to free the oil, suddam would not trade with us, and now they have someone in charge who WILL.

I call it, "blood oil". Hey at least gas prices will go down next year.

FROM WIKI

Berger eventually pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of unauthorized removal and retention of classified material on April 1, 2005. Under a plea agreement, U.S. attorneys recommended a fine of $10,000 and a loss of security clearance for three years. However, on September 8, U.S. Magistrate Judge Deborah Robinson increased the fine to $50,000 at Berger's sentencing. Robinson stated, "The court finds the fine [recommended by government prosecutors] is inadequate because it doesn't reflect the seriousness of the offense."[14] Berger was also ordered to serve two years of probation and to perform 100 hours of community service.[15]

Critics suggest Berger destroyed primary evidence revealing anti-terrorism policies and actions, and that his motive was to permanently erase Clinton administration pre-9/11 mistakes from the public record. Public statements to this effect have been made by talk-radio host Rush Limbaugh,[16] former Clinton campaign advisor Dick Morris,[17] USA Today reporter Jack Kelley,[18] multiple times by Fox News correspondent John Gibson (the last as recently as December 2006[19]), and former House Speaker Dennis Hastert (Republican-Illinois), who said: "What information could be so embarrassing that a man with decades of experience in handling classified documents would risk being caught pilfering our nation's most sensitive secrets?"[20]

After a long investigation, the lead prosecutor Noel Hillman, chief of the Justice Department's Public Integrity Section, stated that Berger only removed classified copies of data stored on hard drives stored in the National Archives, and that no original material was destroyed.[21] His and the FBI's opinion of the case initially led The Wall Street Journal to editorialize against the allegations, stating in part:

“ Justice says the picture that emerged is of a man who knowingly and recklessly violated the law in handling classified documents, but who was not trying to hide any evidence. Prosecutors believe Mr. Berger genuinely wanted to prepare for his testimony before the 9/11 Commission but felt he was somehow above having to spend numerous hours in the Archives as the rules required, and that he didn't exactly know how to return the documents once he'd taken them out... We called Justice Department Public Integrity chief prosecutor Noel Hillman, who assured us that Mr. Berger did not deny any documents to history. 'There is no evidence that he intended to destroy originals,' said Mr. Hillman. 'There is no evidence that he did destroy originals. We have objectively and affirmatively confirmed that the contents of all the five documents at issue exist today and were made available to the 9/11 Commission.'[22]

That is simply NOT proven, he had access to documents that were single source and were not yet documented in the archives. No one wants to dig enough to find out what he took or why. Our Impartial Press just isn't interested. BUT hey Libby was a liar so lets put him in jail... NOW that was worth years of investigation and the money spent.

You ever think that maybe if the press did some digging that some big names may have come out?

Its not hard to imagine an editor saying, 'lets bury this, cause the papers owner, has a friend who is involved.'

Actually that wouldnt happen, the owner would just say, kill any idea of covering this issue.

Libby can go down in flames, he's not dragging the important people with him.

snowman, rsr and me so far that i can tell are the real heroes.

maineman and his ilk spread anti american lies. osama bin laden is laughing with maineman right now.

liberalism tries to make islam the law, homosexualism the norm and tries to make gender a choice.

liberalism is a danger to our country.

To call yourselves heros is an embarrassment to the word. I know many conservatives on this board, and you three are ranked at the bottom. You should be carefull, your going to fall off the edge of the earth if you lean that far right.

To call yourselves heros is an embarrassment to the word. I know many conservatives on this board, and you three are ranked at the bottom. You should be carefull, your going to fall off the edge of the earth if you lean that far right.

Come on, they are heroes, consider them the self proclaimed Mujahadeen of Neo Conservatism.

and how many more attacks have we had here in the US - despite the left opposing every method the government wants to use to capture the terrorists and prevent the attacks?

I already explained how this is faulty reasoning before. No one knows what would have happened if Bush had not been elected.

Bush was president before 9-11. Therefore 9-11 occurred because Bush was president – according to the reasoning of RSR.

It is a fair question. How many attacks on US soil have occurred since 9/11? How many attacks worldwide have occured on American citizens or facilities NOT in a war zone since 9/11?

Well when Bush is gone we're all fucked.

...No one knows what would have happened if Bush had not been elected.

Bush was president before 9-11. Therefore 9-11 occurred because Bush was president – according to the reasoning of RSR.

Being the lord saviour and all, who will pretect us from the terrorists?

snowman, rsr and me so far that i can tell are the real heroes.

maineman and his ilk spread anti american lies. osama bin laden is laughing with maineman right now.

liberalism tries to make islam the law, homosexualism the norm and tries to make gender a choice.

liberalism is a danger to our country.

Somebody forgot to take his meds today. The voices in your head must be REALLY loud today. You really need to take those anti-psychotics as prescribed for them to do any good. Otherwise, you're just gonna be in to another trip to the ER and from there the psych ward for a tune up. Have you considered ECT?

And it was the actions of Reagan and Bush that created that inspiration.

Actually, it goes back to immediately after WW II when the British caved to the terrorists tactics of Jewish extremists and gave them Palestine. And then there was the propping up of the House of Saud in return for oil. Oh, and the overthrow of a democratically elected government in Iran and the installation of the Shah and the police state he set up, in return for oil. And let's not forget the British creation that is Iraq in the years following WW I.

The roots of todays problems in the Middle East run far deeper than the Bush administration and its slavish supporters are capable of, or desirous of, understanding.

Actually, it goes back to immediately after WW II when the British caved to the terrorists tactics of Jewish extremists and gave them Palestine. And then there was the propping up of the House of Saud in return for oil. Oh, and the overthrow of a democratically elected government in Iran and the installation of the Shah and the police state he set up, in return for oil. And let's not forget the British creation that is Iraq in the years following WW I.

The roots of todays problems in the Middle East run far deeper than the Bush administration and its slavish supporters are capable of, or desirous of, understanding.

I was talking about the Mujahadeen, but you are right.

I already explained how this is faulty reasoning before. No one knows what would have happened if Bush had not been elected.

If Gore was President - he would still be looking for what controlling legal authority would allow him to respond

and the terrorists would still be laughing at him

Not according to OBL

Clinton showed how libs stand up to terrorists - they run like hell

Funny, isn't that what Ronald "Dutch" Reagan did after the bombing of the US Marine barracks in Beirut, Lebanon? The year was 1983, might be a bit before your time.

No histrionics, no cut-and-paste...just answer the question.

Funny, isn't that what Ronald "Dutch" Reagan did after the bombing of the US Marine barracks in Beirut, Lebanon? The year was 1983, might be a bit before your time.

No histrionics, no cut-and-paste...just answer the question.

I agree - I have posted that fact many times

9-11 changed many things - one is do not appease terrorists

To bad the left has not learned that lesson yet

But Clinton did inspire OBL to commit 9-11

That is the real Clinton legacy

Forum List

Back