Cruz/Reagan

Siete

Platinum Member
May 19, 2014
I keep hearing Rafael compare himself and his campaign to Reagan.

Really?

IMO he's a moron who couldn't carry Reagans water bucket.

Board opinion?

No question that the radical left hates Reagan but I guess they hate Cruz more. Maybe the left wing bigots hate him because he is Hispanic.

No question that the radical left hates Reagan but I guess they hate Cruz more. Maybe the left wing bigots hate him because he is Hispanic.

bite me ... I voted for Reagan

They all compare themselves to Reagan.

Reagan would spit on any one of the candidates on either side of this godforsaken race, and beat their asses like a drum at the polls were he in this. None of them can realistically compare.

The main reason for the comparison is lots of people were saying the same things about Reagan in 1980 he was to extreme to far right to win a general election as they are about Cruz today. Can Cruz pull off what Resgan did is another story very different country and political climate today.

They all compare themselves to Reagan.

Reagan would spit on any one of the candidates on either side of this godforsaken race, and beat their asses like a drum at the polls were he in this. None of them can realistically compare.

yeah, I could see Reagan drop-kicking Raffie in the nuts when he stood up and yammered about his daddy for 21 hours ... I mean why not?

Really?

Board opinion?

Cruz is far to the right of Reagan.

Frankly, if Reagan ran today he'd never get the nomination. He wouldn't be pure enough for today's conservatives.

Really?

Board opinion?

Reagan was a criminal of epic proportions, why anyone would want to reference him is beyond the pale.

Look up Iran/Contra or read about the 130 + people in his administration that were indicted for crimes, many of his inner circle convicted.

Really?

Board opinion?

Yes--it's very irritating for me to hear Ted Cruz use Ronald Reagan's name so much. There is noo way he gets close to Ronald Reagan.

In fact, if Ronald Reagan was in the Oval office when Ted Cruz called Mitch McConnell a liar he would have gone down to the Senate floor and kicked his Canadian ass all the way back to Canada.

Ronald Reagan was a moderate Republican--he was able to appeal to millions of Reagan Democrats, which created 2 historic landslide victories, his second term a 49 state landslide. He was a Uniter, not a Divider--like the Tea Party continually throws at us. He didn't get into Social issues, he avoided them like the plague, but he was strong on fiscal responsibility and National Defense.

The Tea Party continually violates Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment, "thou shall not speak ill of a fellow Republican". If Ronald Reagan were alive and running for POTUS today, Rush Limbaugh would have already labeled him an "Establishment candidate"--and the Tea Party would be referring to his as a "Rino" Limbaugh has continually lied to his attached at the hip listener's over the last 4 years.

Rush Limbaugh & other right wing talk show hosts, for the last 4 years-- have repeatedly told their audience that Romney lost because he was not conservative enough. Romney's fate was sealed long before he even became the nominee--by the Reich wing dragging the party into women's issues--abortion, who's not going to pay for birth control pills, and what is "legal-legitimate rape questions." Women--the largest voting block in this country were "offended" into Obama's column and Republicans lost women by double digits, younger women by 36 points.
Why Romney Lost And Republicans Keep Losing
The GOP's woman problem goes beyond Trump
Gender Gap in 2012 Vote Is Largest in Gallup's History

Ronald Reagan would have disliked the Tea Party, as much as they would have disliked him.

tea_party_teenager.jpg

Reagan v Mondale 1984--- 2nd term landslide

1984_large.png

Last edited:

Really?

Board opinion?
I wasn't a great Reagan fan because of his fiscal policy, but Reagan was a man of his word who got along with people of all stripes. Cruz screwed over Carson (frigging rain man Carson) to win Iowa .... where Reagan didn't even bother running.

Really?

Board opinion?
You may not like his politics, you may not like his character but Ted Cruz a moron? I don't think so, he's demonstrated that he's highly intelligent as well as articulate, in fact by all appearances he's more intelligent than the entire Democrat field COMBINED (granted that's not a very high bar).

As for your overall assertion, IMHO no he's not in Reagan's league as far as being a communicator, politician or leader but then again neither is Obama, Hillary Clinton, Bernie Sanders or any of the other Republican Candidates.

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement." -- Ronald Reagan

Really?

Board opinion?

Say what you want about Cruz due to your disagreement to his political and social beliefs, but he is far from a "moron" as you put it. His academic achievements are superb. His professor at Harvard Law (Alan Dershowitz) called him "off the charts" brilliant.

But I do agree with your assessment about carrying Reagan's water bucket. Nobody can do that. Reagan's way with words were amazing.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back