Cracker Barrel Is Ordered To Pay TN Man After Serving Him Sanitizer Instead Of Water.

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2012
East Tennessee
Go here for the story.

It has been eight years since the incident took place and $75,000 may be all that the guy gets even with all of the medical issues that could forever remain on his plate due to what happened. (shaking my head)

God bless you and the man always!!!

Holly

P.S. The write doesn't say how much the man swallowed. That would be my only question, but obviously of course, he took in enough to where medical buildings have become his second home.

What kind of "lifelong" health damage can occur from taking a small drink of sanitizer?
There are several videos of people mistakenly taking a swig of sanitizer then spitting it back out and laughing.
I would say this guy was after a frivolous lawsuit, and therefore the limit law worked.

During the Covid panic in 2020, someone came up with the brilliant idea of putting sanitizer in water bottles due to shortages of usual containers.

This happened in 2014 but article doesn't go into what happened and how. It does say the guys getting 750,000. I do remember something several years ago about people being served cleaning products mistaken for beverages, I think it had something to do with the cleaning products being stored in unlabeled bottles and not keep in a separate location, or something like that.

"Cracker Barrel has been ordered to pay $4.3 million to a man who was served sanitizer instead of water at a location in Tennessee in 2014....Tennessee lawmakers created a cap on non-economic damages in lawsuits in 2011. It limits Cronnon to $750,000, even though he has extensive physical problems."

This actually isn't the first time that something like this has ever happened. Go here for a similar story.

God bless you and the family always!!!

Holly

This happened in 2014 but article doesn't go into what happened and how. It does say the guys getting 750,000. I do remember something several years ago about people being served cleaning products mistaken for beverages, I think it had something to do with the cleaning products being stored in unlabeled bottles and not keep in a separate location, or something like that.

"Cracker Barrel has been ordered to pay $4.3 million to a man who was served sanitizer instead of water at a location in Tennessee in 2014....Tennessee lawmakers created a cap on non-economic damages in lawsuits in 2011. It limits Cronnon to $750,000, even though he has extensive physical problems."
"Extensive problems" - I didn't see anywhere that spelled that out.
Sanitizer is essentially made of 70%-80% ethyl alcohol and glycerin. Neither in small quantities will cause harm. At all.
Ethyl alcohol can cause damage if consumed in larger quantities (an alcoholic drinking half a bottle for instance)
Glycerin is a mild irritant if consumed, but again only if someone purposefully sits and consumes it.
Just not buying this guy was effected at all.

"Extensive problems" - I didn't see anywhere that spelled that out.
Sanitizer is essentially made of 70%-80% ethyl alcohol and glycerin. Neither in small quantities will cause harm. At all.
Ethyl alcohol can cause damage if consumed in larger quantities (an alcoholic drinking half a bottle for instance)
Glycerin is a mild irritant if consumed, but again only if someone purposefully sits and consumes it.
Just not buying this guy was effected at all.

Yeah I'm not sure what happened with this case. For some reason the ones I remember involved mixes up like a cleaning chemical added to a drink like tea, where the unlabeled chemical was mixed up with a liquid sweetener. And in all the cases the person notice after 1st sip.

Does this man not have a sense of smell?
I am no stranger to sanitizer and so unless there is more than one kind, it doesn't have a scent or odor of any form.

Holly

P.S. Also you got to remember that when sitting down to a meal at a restaurant, you wouldn't think that such a thing is even wrong with your meal in such a way in the first place and so what reason did the guy have to wonder that something else had been given to him?

Go here for the story.

It has been eight years since the incident took place and $75,000 may be all that the guy gets even with all of the medical issues that could forever remain on his plate due to what happened. (shaking my head)

Holly

P.S. The write doesn't say how much the man swallowed. That would be my only question, but obviously of course, he took in enough to where medical buildings have become his second home.
What kind of dumb ass drinks sanitizer and thinks its water....He needs to learn how to take more accountability for his own actions....

As for the Cracker Barrel; it was an honest mistake....but even if it was on purpose; nobody died because of it...and if we are going to allow these companies to give us poisonous vaccines and no punishment -- the same should go for Cracker Barrel

Go here for the story.

Holly

I think you misread or mistyped. The cap is $750,000, not $75,000.

This article raises far too many unanswered questions.

Can you actually see someone serving sanitizer instead of water, since the water is not normally served from a container?

Why does he have all of these alleged health issues if he would have known instantly it was not water?

I think you misread or mistyped. The cap is $750,000, not $75,000.

This article raises far too many unanswered questions.

Can you actually see someone serving sanitizer instead of water, since the water is not normally served from a container?

Why does he have all of these alleged health issues if he would have known instantly it was not water?
Thank you for catching my error. I wouldn't be surprised if certain things were already on the man's plate, but that right there is just it. What happened at the restaurant was just another thing to add to it and it probably only made worse what he already deals with.

Holly

What kind of dumb ass drinks sanitizer and thinks its water....He needs to learn how to take more accountability for his own actions....

As for the Cracker Barrel; it was an honest mistake....but even if it was on purpose; nobody died because of it...and if we are going to allow these companies to give us poisonous vaccines and no punishment -- the same should go for Cracker Barrel
It wasn't said how much was consumed, but we do know that sanitizer is not what was expected which is what makes this matter worse compared to the vaccine issue and sadly, one swallow could be all that it takes for this kind of horror to happen.

Holly

Go here for the story.

Holly

How much he swallowed is a key question

I think I would know with one sip that it wasnt water

Forum List

Back