CPAC walkout on Jeb Bush

Jeb Bush represents everything that's wrong with the GOP. He's a dishonest Neocon Statist. I hope the Party will go a different route. But let's be real, the guy has an enormous amount of cash and power. He does scare the Democratic Party a bit. Obviously the Democrats won't admit it, but they do know he's a real threat.

I think he is inevitable because his presence sucks all of the oxygen out of the room the way donors have sided w/ him over Rubio for instance

Donors don't decide an election. They can't force people to vote for the man they're financially backing. The base of the GOP does not like Jeb Bush and no amount of money from wealthy donors will get them to support him when primary election season begins.

Jeb Bush represents everything that's wrong with the GOP. He's a dishonest Neocon Statist. I hope the Party will go a different route. But let's be real, the guy has an enormous amount of cash and power. He does scare the Democratic Party a bit. Obviously the Democrats won't admit it, but they do know he's a real threat.

I don't think he could win the general election. He's be another Romney, McCain, Dole type of candidate and I think there will be enough people out there who won't trust another Bush in the White House.

CPAC doesn't really represent the party nationally, does it?

Seems to me it's mostly the Levin/Hannity crowd.

I think CPAC provides a starting dialogue between the party and the ideas of the future. I also think the extreme crowd is more prominent there than any other Republican function.

I'm interested in the dialogue it creates and the ideas forming and understanding all the positions. The goal is the same for all Americans, a better America through discussion and ideas and action.
CPAC is just a re-hashing of failed GOP policies of the past.

I think he is inevitable because his presence sucks all of the oxygen out of the room the way donors have sided w/ him over Rubio for instance

Donors don't decide an election. They can't force people to vote for the man they're financially backing. The base of the GOP does not like Jeb Bush and no amount of money from wealthy donors will get them to support him when primary election season begins.
elections have become so ginormously expensive (see the Repub operative Bossy & Citizens United for the reason :) ) that Establishment- approved candidates (in the case of the Repubs- candidates who don't shy away from starting optional wars to shuffle taxpayer $$$ to defense contractor patrons) can flood the airwaves w/ their msg 'til the cows come home

Forum List

Back