COVID vaccines: America 2, The Rest of the world 0.

We are about to have 2 vaccines, where is the rest of the world and all their Gubmint run healthcare systems?

Than you President Trump!

It's not a done deal yet. Aint going to wide distribution for maybe 2 to 3 months. Any mutation of virus means they would need to do "multi-valent" versions and start over again..
Im sure I remember reading somewhere, thats the good news about the high effectiveness rating of 90 to 94%.
Meaning that the vaccine should be very effective for quite some time regardless of mutation. I guess it could mutate faster than expected, but that wasnt discussed.

Should be discussed. Giving America that much false hope WITHOUT accounting for mutations that reduce the effectiveness is irresponsible.. Especially since most of these companies are using MRNA/DNA methods that haven't ever been fielded before..

But govt in crisis IS usually irresponsible when it comes to "hope"...
Agreed, and Ive been looking for the source since Ive posted, but no such luck.
Dont shoot the messenger.
Ive not heard a single negative aspect from anyone on any news outlets about its effectiveness, have you ?

It's complicated. THe same M-RNA methods are used in SOME test kits.. So their 94.6% might be ONLY finding that particular strain that MATCHES the test kits.. Don't KNOW if they confirmed on test kits that DONT use RNA/DNA matching..

It's confirmed that there are at least a couple dozen identifiable strains of CV-19 out there RIGHT NOW...

Not asserting that last bit as fact -- that they only used ONE TYPE OF TEST to get their results.. The news is void of science details.. Would have to read the study summary to verify that they DID use multiple test types..

You actually think Rump is gonna be such a petulant sore loser that he'll try to prevent a vaccine from being distributed worldwide?? :eek-52:

Well I do too but I didn't think the OP would admit to it.
It's just a small, but significant difference. The work was done when it got funded properly, by presidential say so. And our current President has insisted that because he wanted it for Americans first, enough would be furnished for all Americans first and before any was shipped to other countries. I heard Biden on tv the other day saying he would give it to the world which likely means American patents would be quickly as Biden gave it out first to those who he has benefitted from during his 50 years of extorting money from those whose money wound up in his family's pocket.

Plus, it would be just like the criminal extortionist in chief (Biden) to claim the science was his idea, and stupid people would believe his little white self-aggrandizing lie.

We are about to have 2 vaccines, where is the rest of the world and all their Gubmint run healthcare systems?

The Pfizer vaccine was actually conceived in Germany by a company called Biontech. So was the first working test by the way. The company didn't have the capacity to scale up the operation so they made an agreement with Pfizer, who themselves have offices and factories throughout the world.

What exactly do you assert Trump did to deserve your thanks?
Google Operation Warp Speed.

BioNTech is credited for contributing the messenger RNA technology, which prompts the body to make a key protein from the virus, creating an immune response. The biotechnology company already had a history of working with Pfizer on influenza vaccines, and in March they clinched a deal to co-develop a shot to prevent against Covid-19 at research sites both in the U.S. and Germany. The two companies began human testing of the vaccine in April, before the existence of Operation Warp Speed was revealed publicly

You actually think Rump is gonna be such a petulant sore loser that he'll try to prevent a vaccine from being distributed worldwide?? :eek-52:

It's just a small, but significant difference. The work was done when it got funded properly, by presidential say so. And our current President has insisted that because he wanted it for Americans first, enough would be furnished for all Americans first and before any was shipped to other countries. I heard Biden on tv the other day saying he would give it to the world which likely means American patents would be quickly as Biden gave it out first to those who he has benefitted from during his 50 years of extorting money from those whose money wound up in his family's pocket.

Plus, it would be just like the criminal extortionist in chief to claim the science was his idea, and stupid people would believe his lies.

He can "want" all kinds of shit, doesn't mean he gets it. Take for example... an election win.

Why would ANYONE want to patent and keep from the world a DISEASE CURE?

Know how much money Jonas Salk made from "patenting" his polio vaccine?

I'll give you a hint --- the number is not "nonzero".

The Pfizer vaccine was actually conceived in Germany by a company called Biontech. So was the first working test by the way. The company didn't have the capacity to scale up the operation so they made an agreement with Pfizer, who themselves have offices and factories throughout the world.

BioNTech is credited for contributing the messenger RNA technology, which prompts the body to make a key protein from the virus, creating an immune response. The biotechnology company already had a history of working with Pfizer on influenza vaccines, and in March they clinched a deal to co-develop a shot to prevent against Covid-19 at research sites both in the U.S. and Germany. The two companies began human testing of the vaccine in April, before the existence of Operation Warp Speed was revealed publicly

F Big Pharma and this fake Scamdemic
They own Biden and they can pound salt

Plus, it would be just like the criminal extortionist in chief to claim the science was his idea, and stupid people would believe his lies.

He can "want" all kinds of shit, doesn't mean he gets it. Take for example... an election win.

Why would ANYONE want to patent and keep from the world a DISEASE CURE?

Know how much money Jonas Salk made from "patenting" his polio vaccine?

I'll give you a hint --- the number is not "nonzero".
Oh. I thought you were talking in terms of the millions of doses that were shown on television conservative channels this very afternoon that was designated by agreements with the medicine company when they got it right. You are talking in the ideal world hypothesis that everybody in the world should get something good the first horse out of the chutes way. Pardon my narrow mind that agrees with President Trump's keeping his pledge of providing for the common defense of American citizens, which is in his oath of office when he was inaugurated.

What do you mean we have 2 vaccines and the world doesn’t?

The vaccine is not proprietary to any country. That’s not how this works.
Nope.. We will sell it to all those other countries with their Gubmint run healthcare who couldn't produce one on their own..............when we get around to it.

I see. But Pfizer already said they didn't take any money in the warp speed scheme? So again what did Trump do?
That has been debunked. Please get up to speed.

Not the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, huh? This isn't a one country operation, "we got it, and you don't"
Pfizer and Moderna are both international companies. Pfizer's partner in a German based company. This vaccine
belongs to the world and will be distributed as such. Trump, so far, gets no credit for either one. The companies
and the people who developed the vaccines do.
Complete bullshit.

Operation Warp Speed gave us these drugs.

I have no idea WTF your incoherent post means.

You wanna try to clarify?

So the public wasn't aware of OWS.

Do you have a point?

I didn't think so.

Read your own OP, Sociopathic Dumbass, I had to. Hell just scroll up and read your own TITLE.

Read your own OP, Sociopathic Dumbass, I had to.
Well then, you need to learn to read Buttflap.

Forum List

Back