could you kill somebody?

..I mean, could you ''flip the switch'' on a death row inmate?..I would thank the lord and curse the MURDERER --then ''flip'' it/etc-whatever

As an executioner? No.

In defense of myself or others? Without hesitation, though I do hope to get through life without having to take one.
I just killed a few beers...I have no mercy whatsover...they deserved it
Oh, boo hoo, Beer lives matter! Unless I'm around. LOL

..I mean, could you ''flip the switch'' on a death row inmate?..I would thank the lord and curse the MURDERER --then ''flip'' it/etc-whatever
AS I have killed a person and watched his face and body convulse I know the feeling of dispensing death. A prisoner to be killed I would not do!

I would not like doing it afterwards .But yes, I could. It something I had to face about myself at the age of 14 and again at 16.

Right now, I am about to savage ferociously at a few Fruit Loops!

1620172981842.png

Heinlein answered the question with a question:

“Under what circumstances is it moral for a group to do that which is not moral for a member of that group to do alone?”​

Last edited:
"Do have a problem with shooting a fleeing convict"? The correct answer should be "no".

It would be quite a scene and funny at the same time, to see some fleeing convict raising his/her hands up in the air screaming abruptly, "Hands up! Don't shoot!" :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Heinlein answered the question with a question:

“Under what circumstances is it moral for a group to do that which is not moral for a member of that group to do alone?”​

I once saw an interview where he expanded on this idea, and actually discussed the death penalty. I can't seem to find it anywhere, but I'll paraphrase.

Basically, he's saying that the only justification for the state killing someone, are in situations where it would moral for for an individual to kill that person. And, despite our general prohibition on killing (except in self-defense) there are situations where that would be the case. If, for example, if a man raped and murdered a young child, and the mother of that child hunted him down and put a bullet in his head, would she be convicted of murder? Probably not. I'd certainly see that as a justified killing. Others might not.

The point is, that's the decision a judge and jury are making in a death penalty case. They're saying that what this person did was so bad that no one would blink if one of their victims killed them in cold blood. So it's a pretty high bar.

As to whether I could personally kill someone? I don't know. I just hope I never have to find out. That's one test I'll be happy to avoid.

Last edited:
I could. Easily. Have any of you seen an actual execution? They are unemotional and quite sterile.

Putting a beloved pet down is more important than executing a prisoner.

I would kill them with kindness. Or maybe kill them softly with my song.

Only if I could do it the old fashioned way!!!

22574680.gif

Pelosi, Schumer, and the rest of the swamp monsters will all be my test subjects!!!
Just a head's up... the people who intentionally misrepresented, lied, and used Trump's words against him for 4 years? Yeah, them, they're in control now and they're openly signaling a desire to use our fellow citizens to spy on us and report to the fearless minions of the EFFING BEE EYE, aka the Schutzstaffel.
If they'd use such tactics on a president, what do you imagine they'd be willing to do to an "uppity" American who laughs at them and their power, online?

Forum List

Back