Could you be a Coldtarian?

Profound.....Very Profound.

I LOVE the Cold, and believe that freezing to death would be a very pleasent way to exit my mortal coil.
I love the cold too. Except in my toes and fingers. Then I'm all chanel. :lol:

I've heard that freezing to death is not so great, unless the hallucinations it produces happen to be pleasant ones. But I also would choose to freeze to death if I found it necessary to die. It's bloodless and seems a dignified way to go.

Cold air is refreshing. Since we stopped using the radiators 4 years ago, we have had far fewer colds and sinus infections. Almost none, actually. It's a waste to heat air and furniture. Keep your circulation going, wear sensible warm clothes and it's no more of a hardship living with lower tems that it was for the millions of generations who survived before us without central heating. You gain less winter fat too, if the extra calories you consume go to maintaining body heat.

Every Spring here in Boulder County there's always a report or three about some elderly gentleman that went into the local Rockies during the winter who got lost, froze, and is found.

I've always suspected the guy is found clutching an empty bottle of vodka in one hand, and his highschool yearbook in the other.

He also has an MP3 player, volume at maximum, listening to Sinatra sing "I Did It My Way."

We should move in together Ang. We could admonish each other to "PUT ON SOME FREAKIN' CLOTHES IF YOU'RE COLD!!!"

My idiocentricty of wearing leather shooting gloves (thin enough for me to pick change from my pocket) is my main solution to cold. This, 85% wool shirts, and a leather coat that wieghs 25 lbs work for me.
I keep myself warm mostly by allowing pet hamsters to run through specially made Habitrail type chanel sewn throughout my long johns. If we moved in together we would fight over who got to wear Hammy.

I keep myself warm mostly by allowing pet hamsters to run through specially made Habitrail type chanel sewn throughout my long johns. If we moved in together we would fight over who got to wear Hammy.

Damn...that sounds both warm and sexay.:eusa_drool:

And here I am thinking I'm brilliant for having bought an "Extreme Performance Base Layer Bottom ThermaChoice System" with 2 layer warmth and moisture Management Fiber for $35.00:redface:

The droppings are a bit of a drawback, I must admit.

You need to set up an entire little ecosystem in there.

Thanks: I was wondering what they might be eating in Ang's underwear, but was afraid to ask.:redface:
They get the best hamster food available!! I would never abuse my heating system! I keep a live baby seal on my head.

Explaining why you carry a carrot around in your underwear must be a real conversation starter at the local post office.:redface:

Thanks: I was wondering what they might be eating in Ang's underwear, but was afraid to ask.:redface:
They get the best hamster food available!! I would never abuse my heating system! I keep a live baby seal on my head.

Explaining why you carry a carrot around in your underwear must be a real conversation starter at the local post office.:redface:
Oh no, Thay all do it there too themselves. I learned the trick from one post man who rang twice.

Oh no, Thay all do it there too themselves. I learned the trick from one post man who rang twice.

Now, I'm sad.:confused:

It was only a carrot that the postman was delivering to you.:(:(

I keep the temperature here at 55*. That is as far down as I really want to go.

I wear lots of layers and a hat indoors.

And the darn light bill is still over $80. Mostly I think from all the computers going when my kids are here.
55 is admirable. The lowest ours went this winter was 38 but mostly it hovers at 50. We heat the kitchen with the oven and have electric blankets for the living room sofas for unacclimated guests.

Please don't ever invite me over to your house :lol:

I keep the temperature here at 55*. That is as far down as I really want to go.

I wear lots of layers and a hat indoors.

And the darn light bill is still over $80. Mostly I think from all the computers going when my kids are here.
55 is admirable. The lowest ours went this winter was 38 but mostly it hovers at 50. We heat the kitchen with the oven and have electric blankets for the living room sofas for unacclimated guests.

Please don't ever invite me over to your house :lol:
I only invite hotties.

I camp out on Mt Washington in the dead of winter. That guy's apartment is balmy compared to that.

worst_weather_sign.jpg

Mt.%20Washington%20Observatory.jpg

The coldest air temp I ever encountered was -25 with a 60 mph wind it felt like -60

Forum List

Back