Could someone explain how 17 Days of In Person early voting In Georgia is voter suppression?

Aww...poor baby...you can no longer debate the topic so your bring up one of your sick fetishes.
You brought up the odor topic idiot.
The topic is early voting and you made some ridiculous claim about population figures should be ignored...I said statistical analysis isn't your strong point...the only thing strong about you is your odor. You brought up your sick fetishes.

Care to get back to the topic?

17 days early voting in person, including at least two Saturdays, and its called passing Jim Crow Law. You show an ID wether you are white, black or any other ethnicity. Please some liberal, explain how this suppresses the vote.
If the law reduces the number of days for early voting . . . yes, it is voter suppression.

If water etc cannot be given to people standing in line . . . yes, it is voter suppression.

Its not voter suppression because the law applies to everyone, and ... people are allowed to have water... and get water. The law is just to prevent voters from being influenced while standing in line.
The intention is not to make people THIRSTY... and then give up voting because they are suffering.
That is a blatant distortion by Dems
It is voter suppression because the time limit was reduced.

No one is influenced by a bottle of water. To suggest otherwise is plain stupidity.
Leftist will stoop to any level for votes.

The topic is early voting and you made some ridiculous claim about population figures should be ignored...I said statistical analysis isn't your strong point...the only thing strong about you is your odor. You brought up your sick fetishes.

I know how the conservation went, I was part of it idiot. Now continue telling us what should and shouldn't be changed as far as voting laws go, you're the smart one.

I know how the conservation went, I was part of it idiot. Now continue telling us what should and shouldn't be changed as far as voting laws go, you're the smart one.

The topic is early voting Smelly.... Thirty days of in-person early voting for all. No-excuse absentee/mail in voting for anyone who wants it. Ability to register for mail-in ballots when you register to vote so you don't have to request ballots for every election.

The topic is early voting Smelly.... Thirty days of in-person early voting for all. No-excuse absentee/mail in voting for anyone who wants it. Ability to register for mail-in ballots when you register to vote so you don't have to request ballots for every election.
Changing any of the voting laws is stupid. Doesn't surprise me the left want to change them. People that want to vote, will vote.

Changing any of the voting laws is stupid. Doesn't surprise me the left want to change them. People that want to vote, will vote.
Red States (22 of them) are changing voting laws this Spring. Sorry to destroy you yet again, smelly.

Red States (22 of them) are changing voting laws this Spring. Sorry to destroy you yet again, smelly.
Someone has to figure out how to stop the voter fraud, the left denies it even exists, sniffy.

If there was voter fraud...where are the arrests stinky?
The GOP leadership in Georgia said there was no more fraud this year than in past years.

Your move.

17 days early voting in person, including at least two Saturdays, and its called passing Jim Crow Law. You show an ID wether you are white, black or any other ethnicity. Please some liberal, explain how this suppresses the vote.
The mandatory hours of opening were changed from 7am to 7pm, were cut to 9am to 5pm,

Preventing many voters on hourly wages working from 9 to 5 pm jobs, from being able to cast an early vote.

Then cutting the open hours on weekends ....to double down on it.
The hours for early voting were never mandated 7am to 7pm. The old law read "during normal business hours". The change set mandatory minimums as some places had only been opened half days.
"Will voting hours be restricted?
President Biden has said: "What I'm worried about is how un-American this whole initiative is. It's sick. Deciding that you're going to end voting at five o'clock when working people are just getting off work."

But it's not the case that voting has to finish at 5pm.

The law allows counties to set voting hours anywhere between 7am and 7pm, as was the case previously.

The new law does lay out the hours that are required as a minimum on election day, saying "voting shall be conducted beginning at 9:00 A.M. and ending at 5:00 P.M.", as opposed to "during normal business hours" stated in the old law.

But "normal business hours" were widely interpreted as 9am to 5pm anyway, so the practical impact of this change is negligible. +

Georgia voting: Fact-checking claims about the new election law (yahoo.com)
Can you provide the precincts who were not opened from 7am to 7pm in the 2020 election?

How does making it from 9am to 5pm make the ''election safer from fraud'' by reducing the minimum opening hours?
This portion of the law is dealing only with early voting locations. The law simply standardized that early voting locations across the state MUST be open AT LEAST during the hours of 9 to 5. Election day voting hours REMAINS 7am to 7pm as it has always been. Please do some research to avoid spreading erroneous information.
Good advice. TY. I will do more research.

The concern is that Poll Managers can now cut hours in Democratic districts, and be covered in liability, by this new law....is how I've viewed it. It's my lack of trust in the Republicans running most county and district elections in the State to not have a behind the scenes, organized plan, to do just that....cut hours.

Why wouldn't they want to codify 7am to 7pm, which have been the normal voting hours in near all states, including Georgia since the age of time?

Why move to being opened from 9am to 5pm, as good enough for early voting? Why not Expand it, so more people can vote, instead of reduce it?

Why?

Is it because if fewer citizens vote, Republicans have a better shot at winning, and holding on to power?

This whole "new election law of restrictions plan'' of Republicans was conspired at CPAC.... It was not individual states coming upon a decision that they needed to do to advance voting rights or prevent fraud....

It's a unified push, by all Republican run states, to change their voting laws, to restrict democratic leaning voters, so they can have a better chance of winning....

That's NOT democracy.

We are not stupid Vel, we can SEE, with our own eyes, this unified Republican push, is going on.
I don't know about your state but my state certainly doesn't have 7am to 7pm hours for all, or even most, early voting sites. If you've taken a look then you will have noticed that the new law actually extended voting hours in many Georgia early voting sites. If your concern is that poll manager's could cut hours in Dem districts then this law should make you happy because prior to this law they could change it if they wanted to. These were the early voting hours for the special election prior to changing the law.
Early Voting Hours and Locations | GoVote Georgia (govotega.org)

The initial proposal in Georgia mandated two Saturdays for early voting and eliminated voting on Sunday. From what I read this was viewed as racial suppression because many black churches organize 'Souls to the Polls' voter drives with transportation provided to polling places after Sunday worship service. It was news to me and I would have never heard of this without checking out Georgia newspapers for the local spin on their election law changes.

The mandatory hours of opening were changed from 7am to 7pm, were cut to 9am to 5pm,

Preventing many voters on hourly wages working from 9 to 5 pm jobs, from being able to cast an early vote.

Then cutting the open hours on weekends ....to double down on it.
Employees can take up to 2 hours off work to vote. That’s the law. If you can’t find time to vote 2 months out with plenty of notice, that’s your problem.

If the law reduces the number of days for early voting . . . yes, it is voter suppression.

If water etc cannot be given to people standing in line . . . yes, it is voter suppression.
How about a state that doesn't allow early voting? Are they suppressing the vote StormAl

Oh, I see. Democrats aren't getting enough time to vote.

Or, wait a minute! Doesn't everyone have the same exact amount of time to cast a ballot?

Either you are parroting democrat propaganda points. Or you are too stupid to think about what you claim.
Talk a walk either way, stooge!

No one is influenced by a bottle of water. To suggest otherwise is plain stupidity.
That is something you just cannot state with 100% assureedness.

Again you prove yourself to be a clown and a loser.

Well, when you have a county of 800,000 people and early voting in 5 places, it's not quite the same thing has having a county of 20,000 people and early voting in 5 places.

Do you ever wonder why during every General or Midterm election (except for the last one that was pronounced clean by the GOP state leadership) in Georgia is marked by long lines of predominantly black people? Its not an accident.

That being said, nobody--black, white, hispanic, etc...--can seriously say they were prevented from voting. Conservatives have been more coy in their moves...they aren't preventing voting...they are trying to implement Romney's "self deportation" model...make it so inconvenient that its easier to just give up.

Tell us, Cornhole, which county in Georgia is this apocryphal "800,000 people with only five early voting places" that you want us to just take as established fact because of your vague statement? Please offer proof, because you know as well as I do that no one here would believe you if you told us the sky was blue.

Also, I await your proof that "every election in Georgia is marked by long lines of predominantly black people", and I'm not even going to address your "So it MUST be racist voter suppression, just jump to that conclusion!!" until such time as you even prove there's anything to discuss.

Your conclusions based on ASSuming that all of your vague, unproven assertions are truth is automatically dismissed as so much lying horseshit until you earn the right to be taken seriously.

I won't hold my breath waiting for anything more substantial than your usual attempts to project your sad existence onto me. We both know you have nothing when your talking points are challenged.

Oh, I see. Democrats aren't getting enough time to vote.

Or, wait a minute! Doesn't everyone have the same exact amount of time to cast a ballot?

Either you are parroting democrat propaganda points. Or you are too stupid to think about what you claim.
Talk a walk either way, stooge!

That is something you just cannot state with 100% assureedness.

Again you prove yourself to be a clown and a loser.

Well, when you have a county of 800,000 people and early voting in 5 places, it's not quite the same thing has having a county of 20,000 people and early voting in 5 places.

Do you ever wonder why during every General or Midterm election (except for the last one that was pronounced clean by the GOP state leadership) in Georgia is marked by long lines of predominantly black people? Its not an accident.

That being said, nobody--black, white, hispanic, etc...--can seriously say they were prevented from voting. Conservatives have been more coy in their moves...they aren't preventing voting...they are trying to implement Romney's "self deportation" model...make it so inconvenient that its easier to just give up.

Tell us, Cornhole, which county in Georgia is this apocryphal "800,000 people with only five early voting places" that you want us to just take as established fact because of your vague statement? Please offer proof, because you know as well as I do that no one here would believe you if you told us the sky was blue.

Also, I await your proof that "every election in Georgia is marked by long lines of predominantly black people", and I'm not even going to address your "So it MUST be racist voter suppression, just jump to that conclusion!!" until such time as you even prove there's anything to discuss.

Your conclusions based on ASSuming that all of your vague, unproven assertions are truth is automatically dismissed as so much lying horseshit until you earn the right to be taken seriously.

I won't hold my breath waiting for anything more substantial than your usual attempts to project your sad existence onto me. We both know you have nothing when your talking points are challenged.
You can’t hold your breath Smokey.

Its not voter suppression because the law applies to everyone, and ... people are allowed to have water... and get water. The law is just to prevent voters from being influenced while standing in line.
The intention is not to make people THIRSTY... and then give up voting because they are suffering.
That is a blatant distortion by Dems

Leftist will stoop to any level for votes.
Whitey righties will do anything to keep minorities from voting.

Forum List

Back