Could America defeat an American guerrilla war?

And i thought that it was the first shot fired on Fort Sumpter that caused the Civil War to begin.
Yeah dummies tend to believe the statist lie that a fort in SC territory that had agreed to vacate like all other federal facilities in the south, but then Dishonest Abe set up ships to resupply the fort. SC realized the deception and shelled the fort, KILLING AND INJURING EXACTLY NO ONE. Yet statists think Lincoln was now somehow justified in invading the south.

Except that that’s exactly what Dishonest Abe did to many in the North who opposed his invasion of the South.

And do you remember what happened?

The Supreme Court threw it out almost immediately as being Unconstitutional.

It was then changed and became the Habeas Corpus Suspension Act, in 1863. However, that was different because it only had effect in the states that were in rebellion. And as each state was brought back into the US, it no longer stood in them either.

History, it helps a hell of a lot of one actually knows it. Then they do not look like idiots trying to back up their claim by something that the courts said was illegal.

America lacks the backbone
They are fat and lazy and complacent

Civil War/ Guerilla warfare takes a willingness to give all up for the cause. Americans don’t want to give up their smartphones, video games and cable TV
Or their health insurance.

America lacks the backbone
They are fat and lazy and complacent

Civil War/ Guerilla warfare takes a willingness to give all up for the cause. Americans don’t want to give up their smartphones, video games and cable TV
Where would such a civil war start ? In the south where a higher percent of federal aid goes to ? Not likely.

Where would such a civil war start ? In the south where a higher percent of federal aid goes to ? Not likely.

You have to realize, that in the US the idea of "Civil War" is highly distorted because our only major example of it was highly regional. That is actually highly atypical in a civil war unless it is in a country with significant cultural or ethnic divisions in the nation (like the former Yugoslavia).

Most scenarios I have seen tend to place it as more of an Urban versus Rural split. Not unlike several of the attempts to split up California. Not regional at all, but spread throughout the nation, with urban areas tending towards one side, and rural areas tending towards the other.

A good example would be the Chinese Civil War. Where the KMT controlled most of the nation, but the industrial areas and large cities supported the CCP. Or the English Civil War, where the King controlled most of the nation, but Parliament controlled London and the large cities.

You have to realize, that in the US the idea of "Civil War" is highly distorted because our only major example of it was highly regional. That is actually highly atypical in a civil war unless it is in a country with significant cultural or ethnic divisions in the nation (like the former Yugoslavia).

Most scenarios I have seen tend to place it as more of an Urban versus Rural split. Not unlike several of the attempts to split up California. Not regional at all, but spread throughout the nation, with urban areas tending towards one side, and rural areas tending towards the other.

A good example would be the Chinese Civil War. Where the KMT controlled most of the nation, but the industrial areas and large cities supported the CCP. Or the English Civil War, where the King controlled most of the nation, but Parliament controlled London and the large cities.
Not much in this post......most of our population lives in urban area for one reason. It’s a more efficient way to get services for the industrial complex. It’s called infrastructure.Urban areas surround industrialized centers and transportation hubs which is where people find work. Get with the program. It’s not a choice if you want to work in most jobs. It’s a necessity.

Not much in this post......most of our population lives in urban area for one reason. It’s a more efficient way to get services for the industrial complex. It’s called infrastructure.Urban areas surround industrialized centers and transportation hubs which is where people find work. Get with the program. It’s not a choice if you want to work in most jobs. It’s a necessity.

*laughs*

And this is exactly why we have such problems. Let's call it the "arrogance" or urban dwellers.

Where do you think everything you need comes from? Ranging from food and raw materials to water, much of your electricity, and everything else?

You snidely dismiss the urban areas, not even realizing why it is that there is such a division, and that is growing.

And it is not a necessity to live and work in them.

*laughs*

And this is exactly why we have such problems. Let's call it the "arrogance" or urban dwellers.

Where do you think everything you need comes from? Ranging from food and raw materials to water, much of your electricity, and everything else?

You snidely dismiss the urban areas, not even realizing why it is that there is such a division, and that is growing.

And it is not a necessity to live and work in them.
You can’t read can you ?

You think it’s more efficient to live and work 10 miles from your job. Idiot. You think it’s cheaper to supply electricity for 1 million people living living in NH, or one million living in Boston. Nearly all the major hospitals and research facilities and WEALTH IS IN URBAN AREAS.….DUFUS.

most of the food, raw materials go to large population centers….you like working in a coal mine ?

Narrator momentarily breaks in: "... Were it not for the terribly fragile egos at stake here, this utterly ridiculous argument could clearly never have started. Thank goodness for egos. And now, back to our most enjoyable program still in progress ..."
:popcorn:

Fine.

Now give me a reference to a Supreme Court decision that affirms that it is legal to incarcerate somebody that has not violated the law.
Bring Back the Draft or the Public Will Continue Its Fatal Ignorance About What Is Necessary in Wartime

Earl Warren, who later became Chief Justice, incarcerated Japanese-Americans for the same reason the War Department should have put all Southern officers under house arrest.

You think it’s more efficient to live and work 10 miles from your job. Idiot

Tell me, how many farms are in urban areas? How much food is produced there? How much water comes from there? How much timber to build your homes?

Once again, all I see is blind arrogance from a city dweller that seems to think anybody not living in a city is a moron.

Good luck with your civil war, with no food, water, or much of anything else. I guess you all can always resort to Soylent Green.

And do you remember what happened?

The Supreme Court threw it out almost immediately as being Unconstitutional.

It was then changed and became the Habeas Corpus Suspension Act, in 1863. However, that was different because it only had effect in the states that were in rebellion. And as each state was brought back into the US, it no longer stood in them either.

History, it helps a hell of a lot of one actually knows it. Then they do not look like idiots trying to back up their claim by something that the courts said was illegal.
And yet Dishonest Abe threw numerous anti-war advocates in prison, shut down many newspapers throughout the North, deported an Ohio congressman and after Gettysburg, sent the infantry to NYC to massacre protestors…yet he faced no consequences for his actions. Then gave a dumb speech at Gettysburg talking about freedom. lol.

It sure is important to know history. I wish you did.

Tell me, how many farms are in urban areas? How much food is produced there? How much water comes from there? How much timber to build your homes?

Once again, all I see is blind arrogance from a city dweller that seems to think anybody not living in a city is a moron.

Good luck with your civil war, with no food, water, or much of anything else. I guess you all can always resort to Soylent Green.
Well, you can't starve us out and you can't make us run.

Civil war ? Hilarious. You wouldn’t last a day without your govt goodies. Hypocrite. Not everyone who lives out of the city is a moron, but you have a lot more of them.

Well, you can't starve us out and you can't make us run.

The funny thing is, you do not even know what group I would belong to. Yet when I point out the differences you immediately go on the warpath and start to toss around insults and attack. And you are a perfect example of the kinds of hatreds that are tearing the country apart. And thank you for demonstrating that.

But if such was to happen, there would be no need to "starve" out the urban centers. Simply cut off all the water and power. Starving takes months or years, and is a lot of work. Simply closing all the reservoirs and cutting the power lines is almost instantaneous. Ever seen a big city where even part of it is without water or power for a week or more? I have, it is not pretty. California was lucky in 1989 and 1994, because when major areas were hit with earthquakes, they water still came in. It was unsafe to drink, but it was still available for sanitation. And almost all of the camps set up were horrible, because they had barely functioning sanitation.

And having lived in some of the largest cities in the country, I can see the weaknesses. Seeing a weakness and pointing it out is simply the kind of thing I do, and is not "taking sides".

I simply recognize that is all. There is not much that the rural areas need from the urban areas. But the urban areas are dependent upon the rural areas.

Forum List

Back