CDZ Could (actual) Conservatives support this kind of single payer?

The only thing Biden has done is............ Well nothing, really. At least not with anything dealing with healthcare. In fact, he praises the ACA like there's nothing wrong with it.
The ACA has brought relief for 'some' people.
Bit obviously big insurance companies lobbied and paid politicians to fight against it. Universal, single payer HC never had a chance. And fwiw, it became obvious that Trump didn't have a plan.

We're back to America needing to somehow deal with corrupt government. Your ideas just meet a roadblock if that's not dealt with first.

However, the encouraging aspect of this is that you're at least acknowledging that America's HC is terrible in comparison.

I'm talking about China's government system in which they aren't held back by a democratic choice of leaders in government. In China's communist system, the very brightest and the very best can be chosen to lead. Contrast that with America's system in which ignorant, prejudiced, irrational, and biased leaders are chosen.
Countries with large populations can't afford the luxury of a democracy anymore because bad cholces of leaders don't have a priority of taking care of the masses. On which China has succeeded like no other country's government in history. America has grown to the critical size population now.

Canada and less populous countries can still get away with making choices through the democratic system.
Have you ever spent any time in China? Do you know how things work over there? One-party rule isn't exactly a meritocracy.

. It is time to embrace the freedom to choose and remove the government from the market place.

But isn't that what has created the biggest problems? That is, large corporation haveing the unrestricted freedom to take their businesses to China and employ Chinese workers there?

This is the way capitalism works! It will be granted the freedom to search out the most lucrative marketplace, regardless of other nuisance considerations.

So in sync with your recommendation, America's government has faithfully sat back on their hands and allowed pure capitalism to flourish.

You might say that government with 'right to work' laws, has interfered with the working of the capitalist system in which balance is found through collective bargaining.

Even Milton Friedman understood that the worker must maintain some power. He could accept unions, but only unions with no real teeth.

And so for example, look at what's happened to America's HC system where the people have no power to bargain against big insurance companies!

I'm talking about China's government system in which they aren't held back by a democratic choice of leaders in government. In China's communist system, the very brightest and the very best can be chosen to lead. Contrast that with America's system in which ignorant, prejudiced, irrational, and biased leaders are chosen.
Countries with large populations can't afford the luxury of a democracy anymore because bad cholces of leaders don't have a priority of taking care of the masses. On which China has succeeded like no other country's government in history. America has grown to the critical size population now.

Canada and less populous countries can still get away with making choices through the democratic system.
/——/ If you want to live like a commie slave, go be a commie slave, but don’t drag us into your hell hole.

Have you ever spent any time in China? Do you know how things work over there? One-party rule isn't exactly a meritocracy.
I have spent some time in China but it wan't necessary to gain the understanding I've spoken of. China elevated hundreds of millions of it's people up out of poverty, as no other system has duplicated. In the process they elevated their country's 'quality of life' to 19th., just 4 places behind America at 15th.

I don't advocate communism for Canada. It's not necessary, due to our small population and of course our rating as #1 on quality of life. But I see America heading in the opposite direction with more growing income inequality, when spreading the wealth is the future for large populations.

A quick mention of the Uighurs and the H.K. situation.
China needs to rule with a strict iron hand in order to force all of it's people to abide by a system that is causing great prosperity for the 1 1/2 billion people.

Can that be seen as democracy for China's 1 1/2 billion people, if it leaves out the politics and religious superstitions of a mere million or two?

/——/ If you want to live like a commie slave, go be a commie slave, but don’t drag us into your hell hole.
I've made it clear to you that isn't what I desire for Canada.
But unfortunately, you're only interested in spamming this thread for lack of ideas of your own.

I have spent some time in China but it wan't necessary to gain the understanding I've spoken of. China elevated hundreds of millions of it's people up out of poverty, as no other system has duplicated. In the process they elevated their country's 'quality of life' to 19th., just 4 places behind America at 15th.
China also limits the number of children people can have and force women to have abortions if they exceed said number.

No.

No, they haven't. At all. And THAT is the problem.
It's a rare and unusual case when an American advocates more freedom for large corporations to do as they please!

Most at least try to bumble along with suggestions that some freedom of movement of large corporations is necessarily curtailed!

But you? In your confused and angry mood, suggest the opposite.

Fill us in with the rest of your comedy routine! LOL

China also limits the number of children people can have and force women to have abortions if they exceed said number.
Yes. A couple of policies which China has chosen to enforce for the good and betterment of the masses.
Are those wise and necessary choices?

My country's population makes the consideration of such hard choices unnecessary.

The ACA has brought relief for 'some' people.
Bit obviously big insurance companies lobbied and paid politicians to fight against it. Universal, single payer HC never had a chance. And fwiw, it became obvious that Trump didn't have a plan.

We're back to America needing to somehow deal with corrupt government. Your ideas just meet a roadblock if that's not dealt with first.

However, the encouraging aspect of this is that you're at least acknowledging that America's HC is terrible in comparison.

I won't deny the ACA helped me a lot. It was the first time I could afford health insurance in many years. People forget how fast and high the cost of insurance was getting before the ACA was put into effect.

The terrible about health insurance is...... well...... the health insurance companies themselves. Really. Seriously, they're just money brokers. The government pays them to pay the MP's. Why not just end all that. Let the MP's start their own nationwide health insurance. I think that's the point.
The MP's are the ones who are actually doing what the ACA is for. But the insurance companies are sucking up billions in gross profits for just brokering the money.

Just a bit of explanation: Government money going to the insurance companies that pay for their labor wages and salaries. Also going to pay for employees health insurance plans, their SS contributions, 401K and other companies benefits. Then you have the salaries of ALL those CEO's and their HUGE bonuses.
Obviously, if the MP's were to have a nationwide health insurance plan(s), they'd need more staffing. But would their MP's CEO's be getting million $$$ bonus?

Who knows. That would be something the MP's would have to negotiate when hiring the financial people to tend to the money.

Last edited:

I don't advocate communism for Canada. It's not necessary, due to our small population and of course our rating as #1 on quality of life. But I see America heading in the opposite direction with more growing income inequality, when spreading the wealth is the future for large populations.

A quick mention of the Uighurs and the H.K. situation.
China needs to rule with a strict iron hand in order to force all of it's people to abide by a system that is causing great prosperity for the 1 1/2 billion people.

Can that be seen as democracy for China's 1 1/2 billion people, if it leaves out the politics and religious superstitions of a mere million or two?

I don't know where to start. China isn't, remotely, "communist". It's a fascist state run by the CCP. Income inequality in China is very high and getting worse, not better. Corruption is rampant and political oppression worse. Their health care system, also very corrupt, is a mess and provides nothing at all like universal coverage. Further, their economic success is facing a serious challenge in the form of a declining population. China's greatest strength, masses of cheap labor, is rapidly evaporating - their one-child policy is backfiring on them in a big way.

And if you can justify, even if only to yourself, what China is doing to the Uighurs, I see very little common ground between us morally.

Last edited:
It's a rare and unusual case when an American advocates more freedom for large corporations to do as they please!

Most at least try to bumble along with suggestions that some freedom of movement of large corporations is necessarily curtailed!

But you? In your confused and angry mood, suggest the opposite.
I'm not angry in the slightest. But this is the CDZ, and I'm not interested in things getting personal. Please refrain from this kind of accusation going forward.
Fill us in with the rest of your comedy routine! LOL
Cute. Do you have an argument?

I won't deny the ACA helped me a lot. It was the first time I could afford health insurance in many years. People forget how fast and high the cost of insurance was getting before the ACA was put into effect.

The terrible about health insurance is...... well...... the health insurance companies themselves. Really. Seriously, they're just money brokers. The government pays them to pay the MP's. Why not just end all that. Let the MP's start their own nationwide health insurance. I think that's the point.
The MP's are the ones who are actually doing what the ACA is for. But the insurance companies are sucking up billions in gross profits for just brokering the money.
I understand your idea of eliminating the 'money brokers.
But you're saying that the 'government' pays the insurance companies, to then they pay the medical professionals. That's as good as saying that the system is single payer with a middle man who gouges.

Shouldn't the conversation by about the American people paying the insurance companies, who then pay the medical professionals?

You seem to be suggesting that medical professionals become insurance companies. The advantages of that are erroneous, but could have some merit you could explain?

How about something else that is at least possible and is tried and true? The government pays the medical professionals and it's controlled by government's laws that prohibit gouging. Canada's system operates on a bit more than half the cost of the US system per capita. And we do it with a higher rating from the WHO, and better medical outcome.

And of course the first step is the people paying the government in taxes.

The key question is: Do Americans want all of the country's people to be covered by high quality afffordable health care?
Could it be that they really don't?

I don't know where to start. China isn't, remotely, "communist". It's a fascist state run by the CCP. Income inequality in China is very high and getting worse, not better. Corruption is rampant and political oppression worse. Their health care system, also very corrupt, is a mess and provides nothing at all like universal coverage. Further, their economic success is facing a serious challenge in the form of a declining population. China's greatest strength, masses of cheap labor, is rapidly evaporating - their one-child policy is backfiring on them in a big way.
And they're soon to pass the US on GDP. A gauge of a nations prosperity but not a gauge of the people's prosperity in a pure capitalist system.

And if you can justify, even if only to yourself, what China is doing to the Uighurs, I see very little common ground between us morally.

Yes, I justify China's treatment of the Uighurs who are China's Islamic terrorists.
I could justify China even if that wasn't so, simple because they are making demands of China's successful communist system that are intolerable to the whole.

The principle difference between China's Islamic terrorists and America's is that America's are spread throughout the world in many countries, which necessitates their killing and bombing from 30,000 feet.

No American has the credentials to speak of morality to a Canadian.

I keep thinking that some ISIS terrorist with a S.A.M. is going to bring down a C-130 in Kabul?
China doesn't seem to be facing that same risk right now.

And they're soon to pass the US on GDP. A gauge of a nations prosperity but not a gauge of the people's prosperity in a pure capitalist system.

Yes, I justify China's treatment of the Uighurs who are China's Islamic terrorists.
I could justify China even if that wasn't so, simple because they are making demands of China's successful communist system that are intolerable to the whole.

The principle difference between China's Islamic terrorists and America's is that America's are spread throughout the world in many countries, which necessitates their killing and bombing from 30,000 feet.

No American has the credentials to speak of morality to a Canadian.

Well, alrighty then. I think I have all the info I need to evaluate your opinions. Thanks!

I'm not angry in the slightest. But this is the CDZ, and I'm not interested in things getting personal. Please refrain from this kind of accusation going forward.
You said:

Don't criticize me when you introduced the accusation game with your comment on how you perceive my morality.

I'll be holding you to a higher standard and if you fail to meet that standard then we're finished talking.

Forum List

Back