CDZ Could (actual) Conservatives support this kind of single payer?

I suppose if we all had a few hundred thousand $$$ in the bank, to spare, paying out of pocket would be the norm.
My parents paid for their medical expenses and those of us kids out of pocket for years. This included several emergency surgeries and various long term illnesses (like Diabetes type-1).
i
And my parents made a living raising chickens.

It's hard to compare health insurance with any kind of other insurance. Especially when the health insurance companies are getting subsidies from the government like they are now. Low income people who pay nothing for their health insurance, their health insurance company is getting over $1000 per month from the government.
Just keep on flogging America's dead horse. In the end health care comes down to only one answer to fix it and you know very well what that is.

Ironic though isn't it, you're bellyaching over having to be ripped off by government giving poor people a free ride!

Should I remind you again that America can get 'better health care' for about half the price tag?

Just keep on flogging America's dead horse. In the end health care comes down to only one answer to fix it and you know very well what that is.

Any time someone tells you there's "only one answer", they're selling you a bill of goods.

Any time someone tells you there's "only one answer", they're selling you a bill of goods.
The thing is d, Trump had another answer but he kept it a secret. A good reason to make him the pres again!

Ironic though isn't it, you're bellyaching over having to be ripped off by government giving poor people a free ride!

Should I remind you again that America can get 'better health care' for about half the price tag?

I'm bellyaching over the government giving lazy bums a free ride. People that could work, but don't. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of lazy people.
Are you?

My parents paid for their medical expenses and those of us kids out of pocket for years. This included several emergency surgeries and various long term illnesses (like Diabetes type-1).
i
And my parents made a living raising chickens.

This was when, 1960?

What you are proposing here is establishment of a private monopoly in the medical field. That will dictate prices and the terms on everything.

Sort of. But I think the physicians out in the cities and towns across the country, would keep the higher ups straight. Plus their customers. And if that fails, there are attorneys and maybe a few politicians.
I think we'd be fine.

More like 1970 to 1995 give or take.

LMAO.. You make'm sound like ma and pa kettle, with a few chickens around the old farm house. My guess is, they sold hundreds of thousands of chickens every year.

LMAO.. You make'm sound like ma and pa kettle, with a few chickens around the old farm house. My guess is, they sold hundreds of thousands of chickens every year.

About 170-180,000 each year depending on mortality rates. Not a very big operation by poultry farm standards of the time.

In Canada:

In 2014, the average single individual earning roughly $42,000 will pay $4,381 for public health care insurance.

A family of two adults and two children earning approximately $118,000 in 2014 will pay $11,786 for public health care insurance

The 10 per cent of Canadian families with the lowest income will pay an average of $523 for public health care insurance in 2014.

In 2014, the 10 per cent of Canadian families with an average income of $57,818 will pay an average of $5,522.

And families among the top 10 per cent of income earners in Canada will pay $37,239 for public health care insurance

Free Canadian healthcare is expensive a.f.

Unless you're poor.

I'm bellyaching over the government giving lazy bums a free ride. People that could work, but don't. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of lazy people.
Are you?
Your plans are always interesting but I'm just pointing out that there's only one remedy and one conclusion.

Sort of. But I think the physicians out in the cities and towns across the country, would keep the higher ups straight. Plus their customers. And if that fails, there are attorneys and maybe a few politicians.
I think we'd be fine.
I don't know why you think the physicians have higher moral standards. They are people as others are. And I think if not their desire to get more extra cash from insurance companies, these companies wouldn't impose some harsh measures.

Your plans are always interesting but I'm just pointing out that there's only one remedy and one conclusion.
images

Trump said that only he could fix it, but then he didn't get the chance to reveal his plan. That led to enough people suspecting that he didn't have a plan.

It was probably a big factor contributing to his loss.
or alternately,
It was probably a big factor contributing to his win?

Trump said that only he could fix it, but then he didn't get the chance to reveal his plan. That led to enough people suspecting that he didn't have a plan.

It was probably a big factor contributing to his loss.
or alternately,
It was probably a big factor contributing to his win?
What in the world are you going on about?

I don't understand why republicans and most conservatives can't support a single payer system, ran by medical professionals. Although I do understand them not wanting it ran by our government. That's understandable. For the simple fact that the government can't run most things that benefit most of "we the people." A good example of this is the USD value. Now, $10hr is a poverty wage. Where as just south of the border, $10hr is an upper class wage.
But I digress. Fighting against a single payer system is nothing more than fighting in favor of health insurance companies. Who constantly screw the medical professionals out of a lot of money.
Healthcare has to be paid for, no matter who you are. Everyone is going to need medical help. And those that help you, will have to get paid. Insurance companies get paid by us. And they pay the MP (Medical professionals). But where they screw the MP's, is how much they pay the MPs for your care.
Example: When I was with Blue Cross Blue shield, I had an osteotomy on my knee. The hospital and doctor billed the insurance company over $100,000. That included all the doctor visits, surgeon visits, physical therapy & drugs. Blue Cross paid a little less than $3,000 in total. My doctor said that Medicare pays them better than Blue Cross. How sick is that?
Counting my premiums, the insurance company got paid a LOT more than the MP's that actually fixed my knee problem. Thousands more.
Let's be honest about this. Health insurance companies (or all of them) are nothing more than money brokers. We pay them and they pay the MP's what they want to pay them. Then they keep the rest for profits.
As a conservative, I'm always in support of cutting out the middle man.
I think the BEST way to solve this problem, is the MP's starting their own nationwide health insurance company. That way, they can own and operate within their own guidelines, with minimum government oversight. Of course, because there's trillions of dollars and millions of Americans involved, there'd have to be some oversight and regulations. But the ultimate decisions, providing there's no fraud or corruption involved, would remain with the MP's.
But in the end, the MP's (medical professionals) would be able to set their own rules, regs and policies. No more running tests that aren't actually necessary. No more endless doctor visits, being treated for something the doctors knows isn't going to be effective. (so they can get more money) No more fighting with the insurance companies as to why the doctor can't run a certain test.
Example: When my gaul stones were causing a lot of pain, the ER doctor wasn't allowed to do a sonogram because I didn't have fever. A simple test to see for sure that I had gaul stones, was not allowed by the insurance company. Not only would the test confirm the doctors suspicions. But would also show the size and scope of the stones. Which would determine if emergency surgery was needed. Or if I could wait to have the surgery.

Bottom line to this, IMO, health insurance companies are nothing more than money brokers and do nothing to help, treat or cure patients. So the ones getting 100% of the money, should be the MP's. If a single payer system is the only way to abolish insurance companies, then so be it.
I'll never support a government controlled healthcare system. Creepy Joe's actions of late are why.

I don't know why you think the physicians have higher moral standards. They are people as others are. And I think if not their desire to get more extra cash from insurance companies, these companies wouldn't impose some harsh measures.

A doctor has to worry about everything. Including, but not limited to, patients, billing, drug side effects, insurance rates, overhead, staffing, equipment for staffing including computer programs to allow staffing to do their jobs, and 1,000 other things. Including getting paid enough to live a decent life, and paying his staff. Which takes money. Money that mostly comes from insurance companies.
So IF they don't get as much money as they can, they can't do all they can. It's business. And a business that requires a lot of staffing just for billing the insurance companies.

Forum List

Back