Costco, Home Depot, Lowes Sting.. The Pesticide Industry

Costco Joins Home Depot And Lowe's In Eliminating Bee-Killing Pesticides

Costco Joins Home Depot And Lowe's In Eliminating Bee-Killing Pesticides

Show them ^^ your love people. If you think hive-collapse is some silly little beekeeper's problem, then apparently you don't eat food...
The pussification of major retailers is disgusting. Gopher repellent. Squirrel repellent. Screw that, I want them dead.

BTW - I am a bee keeper.

how is it going for the bees lately? give them my regards

The pussification of major retailers is disgusting. Gopher repellent. Squirrel repellent. Screw that, I want them dead.

BTW - I am a bee keeper.

It's not pussification to want our ag industry to thrive. You realize it's our last great method of trade to offset debt? Unless Detroit gets its shit together and starts producing the types of efficient cars we know can be produced. Europeans and Asians at $6/gallon aren't going to line up for SUVs that get 12mpg.

So with our last form of significant trade, we'd do well to do everything we can to keep hives from collapsing. Unless you plan on hiring people to go and hand pollinate all our fruits, nuts and vegetables... The work of bees is IMMENSE. Spreading pesticides around everywhere is the same as destroying our last leg keeping our economy standing upright.

BTW - I am a bee keeper.

It's not pussification to want our ag industry to thrive. You realize it's our last great method of trade to offset debt? Unless Detroit gets its shit together and starts producing the types of efficient cars we know can be produced. Europeans and Asians at $6/gallon aren't going to line up for SUVs that get 12mpg.

So with our last form of significant trade, we'd do well to do everything we can to keep hives from collapsing. Unless you plan on hiring people to go and hand pollinate all our fruits, nuts and vegetables... The work of bees is IMMENSE. Spreading pesticides around everywhere is the same as destroying our last leg keeping our economy standing upright.
Nobody buys produce with a blemish. You want everything to look perfect and the public lets everything else rot.

BTW - Democrats of California just started fining people for owning an electric vehicle. The left does not believe it's own horse shit either.

BTW - I am a bee keeper.

And BTW - farmers do not buy their supplies from department store retailers.

Read an article on this that domestic breeders have stepped up and filled the gap. Not quite back to where we were but it's not the end either and if memory serves there were other reasons for the collapse..Also building drones to fill any gap

Nobody buys produce with a blemish. You want everything to look perfect and the public lets everything else rot.

BTW - Democrats of California just started fining people for owning an electric vehicle. The left does not believe it's own horse shit either.

"Nobody" eh? I guess that's why every market I walk into these days has full half their produce section set aside for organics, which fly off the shelf. I try experiments now and then. I buy the same product, like kale or broccoli or whatever and eat first the commercial and then the organic. The organic tastes so much better that there's really no comparison. In fact, with broccoli, I can even taste a chemical presence even after washing the produce really well. In organic all I taste is just yuummmmmmmm.. The best of all is organic produce straight from my own garden. You learn tricks over the years how to plant certain plants to keep the pests down; and encourage predator insects to show up.

To quote an old songwriter "I'll take the spot on my apple....just give me the birds and bees...Plllease!"

No they don't. But the action sends a message to the consumers who buy the farmers' produce. Also, home gardens are not off limits to bees. Bees will fly miles from their hive to collect pollen and nectar. That includes suburban gardens in towns near the fields.

No they don't. But the action sends a message to the consumers who buy the farmers' produce. Also, home gardens are not off limits to bees. Bees will fly miles from their hive to collect pollen and nectar. That includes suburban gardens in towns near the fields.
Millennials are a bunch of prima donna spoiled brats and will not buy blemished fruit.
upload_2017-2-20_14-0-20.png

The whole "honeybee crisis" is a hoax. The honeybee isn't even indigenous to North America to begin with. They were brought from Europe to help with European crops. The bee farms pump their bees full of drugs to keep them alive from the pesticides used on the crop they are used on. They transport them around the country in horrid conditions in trucks so they die in mass, all the rot causes bacteria and more drugs are pumped into them to keep them alive.

They need to use the "African" bees or hybrids of them. They are so tough they don't need all the fucking drugs to keep them alive and they produce better honey.

The whole "honeybee crisis" is a hoax. The honeybee isn't even indigenous to North America to begin with. They were brought from Europe to help with European crops. The bee farms pump their bees full of drugs to keep them alive from the pesticides used on the crop they are used on. They transport them around the country in horrid conditions in trucks so they die in mass, all the rot causes bacteria and more drugs are pumped into them to keep them alive.

They need to use the "African" bees or hybrids of them. They are so tough they don't need all the fucking drugs to keep them alive and they produce better honey.

I've seen hive collapse when we weren't seeing that 40 years ago. Guess what's happened since then? An increase in pesticides on crops, exponentially. And the death of beehives follows that track. It stands to reason that if flowers are sprayed with pesticide and the bees bring that pollen home to feed their brood, the brood and the hive will die. They are insects and pesticide is formulated specifically to kill insects.

Forum List

Back