Coronavirus Simulator - Understanding The Various Strategies

It's worth a try. Without investors there would be no business and no workers. It is right and good that such workers should suffer until they realize just who it is that pays their bills.
Where did you get the idea speculation pays any bills for those engaged in production?

The Incredibly Unproductive Shareholder

"Yes, shareholders.

"I know that we have all been trained to worship shareholders and to assume that their interests trump all others, but the fact is, stock-market investors have become, collectively, an extraordinarily unproductive force in business. Indeed, for the last two decades, their contribution to corporations has been literally negative.

Investors’ money reaches corporate coffers only when companies sell new equity, which major companies rarely do.

"Among the companies making up the Dow Jones Industrials, only a handful have sold new common stock in the last 30 years.

"Many haven’t sold any in 50 years.

"According to the Federal Reserve and the SEC, sales of common stock today represent only about one of every $100 traded on exchanges.

"Nearly all the money 'invested' in public companies, in other words, just goes from one speculator to another"

It's worth a try. Without investors there would be no business and no workers. It is right and good that such workers should suffer until they realize just who it is that pays their bills.
Where did you get the idea speculation pays any bills for those engaged in production?

The Incredibly Unproductive Shareholder

"Yes, shareholders.

"I know that we have all been trained to worship shareholders and to assume that their interests trump all others, but the fact is, stock-market investors have become, collectively, an extraordinarily unproductive force in business. Indeed, for the last two decades, their contribution to corporations has been literally negative.

Investors’ money reaches corporate coffers only when companies sell new equity, which major companies rarely do.

"Among the companies making up the Dow Jones Industrials, only a handful have sold new common stock in the last 30 years.

"Many haven’t sold any in 50 years.

"According to the Federal Reserve and the SEC, sales of common stock today represent only about one of every $100 traded on exchanges.

"Nearly all the money 'invested' in public companies, in other words, just goes from one speculator to another"
You're a commie. Why would I pay any attention to you.

A lot of stuff circulating on the internet right now about the various methods of potential action being taken and considered. Social distancing, shelter in place, total lockdown etc..

This article, which includes some simulators on various methods, makes some sense to me.

"Why outbreaks like coronavirus
spread exponentially, and
how to “flatten the curve”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/world/corona-simulator/

Make of it what you will. Thought I would post it, as it helped me to compare some of the various solutions based on a model of the spread of this thing, which seems to be a primary concern at the moment.

Here is other sound advice:

A lot of stuff circulating on the internet right now about the various methods of potential action being taken and considered. Social distancing, shelter in place, total lockdown etc..

This article, which includes some simulators on various methods, makes some sense to me.

Make of it what you will. Thought I would post it, as it helped me to compare some of the various solutions based on a model of the spread of this thing, which seems to be a primary concern at the moment.

Here is other sound advice:

don't wear one is the best solution. you won't touch your face and you won't spit on your hands putting it on.

Again, logic isn't your friend as are facts.

Here's what we know now about COVID-19 or SARS-CoV-2. Jeez, the latter scares me more for some reason when they're both the same thing; Maybe it's because you have to use upper and lower case and an extra hyphen to spell it.

A sample:
"

Then
Older people above age 65 are at highest risk for developing severe disease.
Now
Age is still a risk factor for severe symptoms, but underlying conditions like high blood pressure, obesity and diabetes also boost risk. Racial disparities have also come to light. In the United States, Black, Indigenous and Hispanic people are getting infected or dying at higher rates than white people.

Then
Children are largely spared from the disease.
Now
This is still true relative to other age groups, though researchers aren’t sure why. But low risk doesn’t mean no risk. Some children can develop a dangerous inflammatory condition linked to COVID-19.

Then
An infected person will transmit the virus to two or three other people, on average.
Now
With social distancing and contact tracing, many places, including China, South Korea and New Zealand, have brought the infection rate from two to three down to below one. But in certain regions, including India, Latin America and parts of the United States, people may still be passing the virus on to more than one other person. And without stringent public health measures in place, large gatherings have led to clusters of infections.

Then
Of people who test positive for the virus, around 4 percent die.
Now
Death rates vary due to in part to differences in testing among countries. (For example, if only people with severe disease get tested that might inflate the case fatality rate.) Pinpointing a global rate won’t be clear until the end of the pandemic. But antibody testing has allowed scientists to estimate that the infection fatality rate — a measure that includes people who were not tested, perhaps because they had mild or no symptoms — may be around 0.6 percent in some places.

Then
Only sick people should wear masks, according to guidance from WHO and the CDC.
Now
With data showing asymptomatic people can spread the virus, both agencies now recommend that all people wear masks in public. The effectiveness of fabric masks was in question early on, but studies now suggest that these masks can help curb transmission of the virus — if most people wear them.

Then
There are no treatments for infected people and no vaccines to curb the virus’ spread.
Now
After a rapid push to test existing drugs against the new coronavirus, some have shown promise, while others fell out of the running. Remdesivir may speed recovery in sick patients. Dexamethasone may reduce the risk of death. The malaria drugs hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine have shown no benefit for infected people. More than 150 coronavirus vaccines are in development, with 20 in clinical trials in people."

Cuomo's actions in New York are even worse than first imagined. The Senate needs to investigate and the DOJ needs to get involved now.

Today the United States has a bit over 25% of the world wide number of persons infected by the Coronvirus.

19.7 million world wide
5. 2 million in the United States

Link to:

CDC COVID Data Tracker

and

Nice isn't it, the leader of the free world has led the united states to become the greatest nation to led us into the abyss of a plague.

Last edited:
Today the United States has a bit over 25% of the world wide number of persons infected by the Coronvirus.

19.7 million world wide
5. 2 million in the United States

Link to:

CDC COVID Data Tracker

and

Nice isn't it, the leader of the free world has led the united states to become the greatest nation to led us into the abyss of a plague.
Sounds like we have the world’s most advanced testing capability. Awesome! Can’t get that with Obamacare.

Last edited:

View attachment 313320

Actually, as it turns our "DIVERSITY" is what spread the disease and accounts for most of the infections and deaths. Yahoo is finally admitting atleast partially that Gov Desantis was correct---it was the hispanic farm workers accounting for most of the cases in Florida and were the ones spreading it around. Apparently cramming people together like the illegals do is spread the Covid along with all the other diseases that they bring over.

So talk about strategy. I am single and well need to find someone to break social distancing if you get my drift. There is no where to go for such things. I had someone most of the time throughout this crap but she moved south yesterday. I kid you not about ten seconds after I kuss her good bye. The daughter of the people I work for Meares me she is sitting in her dorm room lonely. I gotta get a new girl soon or I will be up there in that dorm room. That shit cannot happen

View attachment 313320

Actually, as it turns our "DIVERSITY" is what spread the disease and accounts for most of the infections and deaths. Yahoo is finally admitting atleast partially that Gov Desantis was correct---it was the hispanic farm workers accounting for most of the cases in Florida and were the ones spreading it around. Apparently cramming people together like the illegals do is spread the Covid along with all the other diseases that they bring over.
so they're all clear now.

You NEVER want to "flatten the curve".
It is always stupid to do that, and trying to flatten the curve just maximizes the death total.
Why? Because it delays the end of the epidemic, and that allows it to spread further, by giving it more time.
Whatever strategy you use, it has to be done as fast as possible, and you never want to slow it down.

The only two known strategies in history that have ever worked, are total quarantine or herd immunity.
Quarantine is best because it has the least death toll and works the fastest, but it requires contact tracing and it is likely too late for that.
Then the only strategy left is herd immunity. That is where you encourage local burn out of the virus by enough of the likely host contacts being already immune. That quickly kills off the virus as it can not easily find any new hosts that is needs ever 12 days, in order to survive.

So if flatting the curve is so bad and herd immunity is so good, then why did we not do herd immunity from day 1?
The answer to that was 3 mistakes in calculations.
Since we were not testing except those who felt really bad, we did not realize 90% of those infected were asymptomatic and not being counted. The lead to a lethality estimate of 1.5% that actually is 10 times too high. Also it was assumed there would be no one inherently immune since this virus was considered "novel". That is wrong because it is novel, but still only a hybrid between very old virus strains our immune system already recognized. So not only are most people inherently immune, but children seem to also be highly resistant. The third mistake was that we did not realize how it almost entirely was those over 70 who were at risk. We could have done variolation on young volunteers, and reduced the death toll by a factor of 40.

You NEVER want to "flatten the curve".
It is always stupid to do that, and trying to flatten the curve just maximizes the death total.
Why? Because it delays the end of the epidemic, and that allows it to spread further, by giving it more time.
Whatever strategy you use, it has to be done as fast as possible, and you never want to slow it down.

The only two known strategies in history that have ever worked, are total quarantine or herd immunity.
Quarantine is best because it has the least death toll and works the fastest, but it requires contact tracing and it is likely too late for that.
Then the only strategy left is herd immunity. That is where you encourage local burn out of the virus by enough of the likely host contacts being already immune. That quickly kills off the virus as it can not easily find any new hosts that is needs ever 12 days, in order to survive.

So if flatting the curve is so bad and herd immunity is so good, then why did we not do herd immunity from day 1?
The answer to that was 3 mistakes in calculations.
Since we were not testing except those who felt really bad, we did not realize 90% of those infected were asymptomatic and not being counted. The lead to a lethality estimate of 1.5% that actually is 10 times too high. Also it was assumed there would be no one inherently immune since this virus was considered "novel". That is wrong because it is novel, but still only a hybrid between very old virus strains our immune system already recognized. So not only are most people inherently immune, but children seem to also be highly resistant. The third mistake was that we did not realize how it almost entirely was those over 70 who were at risk. We could have done variolation on young volunteers, and reduced the death toll by a factor of 40.
There are politics to consider, too. Democrats have pooh-poohed herd immunity from the outset as they wanted this to drag on. The data has been clear since February that over-70 are at greatest risk and under-70 less risk than flu. This knowledge was obfuscated for democrat political gain.
SARS-1 was quickly contained so it couldn’t become what this one became. China made sure this one became a political weapon by spreading it throughout the free world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back