Coolest June in DC in 12 years!!

As per the Washington Post :2up:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2022/07/01/july-outlook-2022-washington-dc/

And I'm laughing...here in New York, we were wearing hoodies most days in June.
stOOpid.

More bad news for the AGW nutters:bye1::bye1:
It may well be weather as the person below you said. Just a bad year. Most people are getting heatwaves but for you it is more winter. It may just be one year. But I am sure with climate change some people are actually going to get colder semi permanently. Could be you. I would hope it is weather.

I looked that up. OMG you had better hope this hasn't happened. You wont be laughing long.

David Knowles
·Senior Editor
August 13, 2021·4 min read

An ethnic Albanian man

A man cycles through the snow in Pristina, the capital of Kosovo. (Hazir Reka/Reuters/HR/ABP)
As much of the Northern Hemisphere continues to bake in a year of unprecedented heat waves linked to climate change, one paradoxical consequence of rising global temperatures is that some areas of the world could become much colder.

https://news.yahoo.com/secret-gossiping-trump-suv-outburst-201730694.html

A study published this month by researchers at the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research found that the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation (AMOC) current system could be on the verge of collapse. The conveyor belt system transports warm surface ocean water from the tropics, up along the coast of Florida to the northern Atlantic Ocean. Colder water sinks and is moved along the ocean floor to the south, helping to regulate the global climate.
“That’s one of the reasons that the climate in Europe is so pleasant,” Harold Wanless, professor of geography and urban sustainability at the University of Miami, told Yahoo News. “You go to the same latitude over in Newfoundland and Labrador, it’s pretty harsh in the winter.”
The system's collapse, which researchers have concluded is in part caused by the melting of Arctic ice, could result in the dramatic cooling of parts of Europe and North America. But the extreme cold in those locations would not be the only change. The current system is also responsible for the wind that propels storms that cross the Atlantic, which in turn helps regulate sea levels.
"The Gulf Stream flowing north from the tropics, if that slows down, that north-flowing current piles up water to the right side. Bimini [in the Bahamas], for instance, is about a meter higher [in terms of sea level] than in Miami because of the north-flowing current,” Wanless said. “If that slows down or stops, that will cause almost a meter of rise here.”
Atlantic meridional overturning circulation

Last edited:
And weather records are a tiny fraction of the earth's history, but alarmists believe the sky is falling when the weather "broke records".

A) I don't disagree but living in the part of Virginia where the weather here often ends up in the DC area a few hours later due to the jet stream, I can tell you that the cooler June was welcome because 1) it came with a lot more mosture than most years and 2) IIRC, we were up into the 90's at times in April. It was hot earlier than usual in the midatlantic. Again, that is just all weather. Think it is a La Nina year I heard. Seems to me like there was one year that it rained pretty much every day for about 6 weeks locally through end of June and then we didn't get another drop until late September. We have wonky weather due to the interaction with the onshore flow from the atlantic with the jet stream out of the gulf of Mexico and occasionally the arctic air coming down south.

B) Yes I do think the planet is warming, but it is the A part of the AGW I am unconvinced is the driver of it all.

Last edited:
It may well be weather as the person below you said. Just a bad year. Most people are getting heatwaves but for you it is more winter. It may just be one year. But I am sure with climate change some people are actually going to get colder semi permanently. Could be you. I would hope it is weather.

I looked that up. OMG you had better hope this hasn't happened. You wont be laughing long.

I've been laughing...hard...in this forum for 12 years while watching the AGW crowd get routinely poked in the eye with all their climate alarmism silliness. Frankly, it's the only thing that keeps me checking into this forum.

In 2009, nobody was caring about climate change.
Here we are well into 2022....still nobody caring about climate change :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

I've been laughing...hard...in this forum for 12 years while watching the AGW crowd get routinely poked in the eye with all their climate alarmism silliness. Frankly, it's the only thing that keeps me checking into this forum.

In 2009, nobody was caring about climate change.
Here we are well into 2022....still nobody caring about climate change :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:
That really isn't true. I don't believe people are moving nearly as fast as they need to but they are moving as fast as they believe they can. The rich countries such as America who are the biggest contributor ought to be giving money to poorer countries so that they can make needed changes from our misuse not theirs. You do have much more in order than one would expect when talking to you on line. That is on renewables. I suspect you will be having a problem with water and very soon in the south. According to the IPCC if we are still using the same amount of fossil fuels in about 7 and a half years we will be unable to avoid the worst of climate change. That means Goodbye New York. Goodbye London and many other cities which are low lying. Very, very few people still do not believe. You were used. That was the fossil fuel people who knew what they were doing from the late 60's and instead of stopping doing it started spending money on denying it. You can't any more. It is now happening. The extent to which it is happening today is the amount of harm we did several years ago. We have a lot more to come just on the damage already done. Because people do not see the damage they have done until it is way past the time the did it, they choose not to believe it but I don't really believe anyone does not know about the climate crises now.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
About 19,300,000 results (0.50 seconds)

Search Results​

NOLA.com
New Orleans had hottest June on record, tied or set five daily highs
New Orleans just endured its hottest June on record. The average temperature was 85.1 degrees,
according to the National Weather Service office in Slidell.
21 hours ago
KSAT
This June the hottest on record in San Antonio ☀️🏆
Not only was the month the hottest June on record, but it also saw the most 100-degree days of any June on record!

1 day ago
WBRZ
June 2022 tied for the hottest June on record
After a significant hot stretch, it is no surprise that June 2022 is one of the hottest ever. The average temperature for the whole month came in as 83.9°,...
1 day ago
The Washington Post
Japan tops 104 degrees for first time in June amid record heat wave
In a blistering hot June around the Northern Hemisphere, in which Records have been set on Every Contintent, Japan is the latest victim.
1 week ago

Reuters
Japan records hottest June day amid energy squeeze
A city in eastern Japan logged the country's highest temperature for a June day on Saturday, breaking above 40 Celsius, the weather bureau...
1 week ago

MySA
San Antonio, Austin experience hottest June on record
The last hottest June in San Antonio was June 1990, when the average temperature was 87.4. Austinites experienced a record breaking June back in...
19 hours ago

Houston Public Media
June 2022 was the hottest June in Houston history
A high-pressure ridge, effects of climate change and a lack of rain caused last month to break the record set in 2011 as Houston's hottest June.
20 hours ago

KVUE
This June was the hottest June on record at Camp Mabry
Several records, including hottest average temperature, were surpassed during the month of June. Author: Shane Hinton (KVUE), Hunter Williams (...
4 days ago

New Topics

Forum List

Back