Conversion Therapy Crusader Has Something To Say: He's Gay

Actually, I believe that adults do have the choice. The main issue with conversion therapy has been when it's inflicted on children.

However, those who pracice it on adults need to be aware of the fact that they could easily run afoul of consumer protection laws by representing homosexuality as a disorder that needs to be treated, and misrepresenting their treatment as safe and effective which it is not
On The Legality Of Conversion Therapy
Actually, I believe that adults do have the choice. The main issue with conversion therapy has been when it's inflicted on children.

However, those who pracice it on adults need to be aware of the fact that they could easily run afoul of consumer protection laws by representing homosexuality as a disorder that needs to be treated, and misrepresenting their treatment as safe and effective which it is not
What about when adults pressure children to examine their sexuality? Is that okay?
What are you talking about? What EXACTLY are adults doing to children?
Oh, this is the part where you play dumb.
No, I want you to explain exactly what the fuck your talking about. I am not going to respond to some vague allegations and get sucked into your stupidity. How EXACTLY are parents "encouraging " children to examine their sexuality. Site specific examples with full details.
Gender neutral row: Parents won't tell anyone if 'theyby' tot is a boy or girl

Just one example of many where people have lost their damn minds.

Sex-change treatment for kids on the rise

And this represents a real problem. 8 year old children undergoing sex change operations are a crystal clear example of abuse. It amazes me that this is even on the table.
The queers know all about this abuse, yet they'll play dumb like progressivepatriot when it's brought up.

Is anyone surprised?

It takes a special type of self hatred to continue to push conversion 'therapy' when the facts on it are clear as a bell - it does not work. It would not surprise me if the majority of people involved in such endeavors turn out to be gay or some other sexual orientation outside normal.
No one is forced to undergo the therapy.

Conversion therapy crusader has something to say: He’s gay

A South Carolina man who founded one of the nation's biggest conversion therapy ministries has something to say: he's gay.

The Post and Courier reports Hope for Wholeness founder McKrae Game came out of the closet this summer, nearly two years after he was fired from the faith-based conversion therapy program. He's now trying to come to terms with the harm he inflicted when he was advocating for religious efforts to change a person's sexuality.

“Conversion therapy is not just a lie, but it’s very harmful,” Game told The Post and Courier.

Conversion therapy leader for 2 decades, McKrae Game disavows movement he helped fuel

“I was a religious zealot that hurt people,” Game said in an interview. “People said they attempted suicide over me and the things I said to them. People, I know, are in therapy because of me. Why would I want that to continue?”

Game recently published a written apology to his personal Facebook page in which he called for the dissolution of any conversion therapy practice or ex-gay ministry. Though he condemned the practices, Game also said a group like Hope for Wholeness could serve as a community for those that believe “homosexuality is incongruent with their faith.”
Oh Hell, I thought you were gonna say Pence got caught going down on an Irish Priest who was protesting he preferred children.
Next

Does this mean homosexuality is no longer a sin?
It means that people who are in touch with reality don't give a rat's hind parts about "sin"
Do you support the first amendment?
I DON'T support child abuse...which is what conversion therapy is
Do you consider telling a child they may be gay or a different gender child abuse?
Who did that, when,, and under what circumstances?

What about when adults pressure children to examine their sexuality? Is that okay?
No, I want you to explain exactly what the fuck your talking about. I am not going to respond to some vague allegations and get sucked into your stupidity. How EXACTLY are parents "encouraging " children to examine their sexuality. Site specific examples with full details.

And this represents a real problem. 8 year old children undergoing sex change operations are a crystal clear example of abuse. It amazes me that this is even on the table.
This is misleading . They are not undergoing irreversible sex change treatment. They are being supported and helped to understand and to deal with their gender dysphoria until they are old enough to make an informed decision about gender. These histrionics are rediculous

It means that people who are in touch with reality don't give a rat's hind parts about "sin"
Do you consider telling a child they may be gay or a different gender child abuse?
Still playing dumb. You know it happens.

This is misleading . They are not undergoing irreversible sex change treatment. They are being supported and helped to understand and to deal with their gender dysphoria until they are old enough to make an informed decision about gender. These histrio.nics are rediculous
That's funny, you accuse someone of misleading.

He's not sure he is male.....

Yes...to the point where it means that people have the right to follow the tenants of their religion in their daily lives, and to worship freely, openly without fear of persecution. I do not support the more recent interpretation of religious freedom that says that people can discriminate in the name of God and impose their religious beliefs on others.
Yet, you believe YOU can impose your beliefs on children by pressuring them to examine homosexuality and transgenderism.
You continue to put vague, nebulous horseshit out there without specific examples of what the fuck your referencing and expect me to respond. You're just playing a sick game and demonstrating that you have no clue as to how to debate a topic

That is truly a pathetic response that demonstrates that you are just playing a sick game and do not know what the fuck you're talking about. This is at least the fourth time that I've asked you for specifics and each time you come back with nothing more than vague generalities and pure bullshit.

Yes...to the point where it means that people have the right to follow the tenants of their religion in their daily lives, and to worship freely, openly without fear of persecution. I do not support the more recent interpretation of religious freedom that says that people can discriminate in the name of God and impose their religious beliefs on others.

"Yes...to the point where it means that people have the right to follow the tenants of their religion in their daily lives, and to worship freely, openly without fear of persecution"

"I do not support the more recent interpretation of religious freedom that says that people can discriminate in the name of God "

What you really mean is you support their "right" to practice their beliefs in a manner that you agree with.
Dumbass.
Horseshit.! And you know it. Or maybe not. You do not strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed

"Yes...to the point where it means that people have the right to follow the tenants of their religion in their daily lives, and to worship freely, openly without fear of persecution"

"I do not support the more recent interpretation of religious freedom that says that people can discriminate in the name of God "

What you really mean is you support their "right" to practice their beliefs in a manner that you agree with.
Dumbass.
Horseshit.! And you know it. Or maybe not. You do not strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed

Which should bum you out because I'm clearly sharper than you.

Dumbass.

Nope, it's clearly what you said, they are free to practice their religion as long as you ok it.

Yet, you believe YOU can impose your beliefs on children by pressuring them to examine homosexuality and transgenderism.
You continue to put vague, nebulous horseshit out there without specific examples of what the fuck your referencing and expect me to respond. You're just playing a sick game and demonstrating that you have no clue as to how to debate a topic
Oh yeah, no one is pressuring children about their sexuality, huh.

This is misleading . They are not undergoing irreversible sex change treatment. They are being supported and helped to understand and to deal with their gender dysphoria until they are old enough to make an informed decision about gender. These histrionics are rediculous
Yes, some are undergoing chemical treatment and it is not reversible. It is not common however it should be outright illegal.

It is far more common to start hormone blockers when puberty starts. Also, something that should be outright illegal.

Is anyone surprised?

It takes a special type of self hatred to continue to push conversion 'therapy' when the facts on it are clear as a bell - it does not work. It would not surprise me if the majority of people involved in such endeavors turn out to be gay or some other sexual orientation outside normal.

I honestly have no idea how conversion therapy works, I would imagine it would be similar to whatever type of therapy is use for people like Weiner. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with people being gay, but just question if people (adults) should have a choice in the type of therapy the feel may be best help them.

Gays say they are born this way and that it's not a choice, but transgenders say they are born in the wrong body, or whatever, and for them it is a choice. So why is it not also a choice for someone who is born gay but feels heterosexual?

Is anyone surprised?

I honestly have no idea how conversion therapy works, I would imagine it would be similar to whatever type of therapy is use for people like Weiner. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with people being gay, but just question if people (adults) should have a choice in the type of therapy the feel may be best help them.

Gays say they are born this way and that it's not a choice, but transgenders say they are born in the wrong body, or whatever, and for them it is a choice. So why is it not also a choice for someone who is born gay but feels heterosexual?
Never said that you should not do as you want. The reality is that conversion therapy does not work.

So many threads about gays, I never understood why. The people on this board seem to talk about it all the time. I go months in my life without anyone bringing the subject of gays. What people do in their bedroom is between themselves and God, I don’t really care or want to hear who people sleep with. Just plain moronic to carry on about nothing.

Forum List

Back