Conundrum. Chicken wings and eggs.

I posted the links. Prices are falling for chicken meat. If what is said about eggs was true, it would have hit long ago. The average chicken raised for meat lives 40 days.
What's your answer then?

They come from eggs, which is why no one is saying that broiler chickens are immune from the flu, they are just less likely to catch it when the outbreak is in the egg-laying flocks that are destroyed as soon as it's discovered.
Let us remember as well, eggs that produce chickens are fertilized, and come from different farms than eggs that are bound to be eaten.

Let us remember as well, eggs that produce chickens are fertilized, and come from different farms than eggs that are bound to be eaten.

And oddly the virus seems to know the difference.

Is this thread about the evils of fat-cat capitalist restaurant owners and egg-producers, or just a jab at capitalism in general?
Can we talk about fat-cat oil companies? Shell Oil had a record profit for 2022. $40 billion dollars.

And oddly the virus seems to know the difference.
Are you not aware that when a virus has less opportunity to infect hosts, fewer hosts get infected? Do you maintain that, in the American chicken industry, chickens laying unfertilized eggs for consumption are the same chickens raised for slaughter, and are the same chickens that lay fertilized eggs? They're not, just in case you thought so.

The flu breaks out among the players of a high school basketball league. A college basketball league on the other side of the country doesn't get sick. Does that mystify you?

If more people realized that....it would no longer be a mystery why everything is so upside-down, crazy and Orwellian.

From your lips to God's ears.
Sadly, even when he's removed from the equation and God's in direct control, man will still rebel.

Are you not aware that when a virus has less opportunity to infect hosts, fewer hosts get infected? Do you maintain that, in the American chicken industry, chickens laying unfertilized eggs for consumption are the same chickens raised for slaughter, and are the same chickens that lay fertilized eggs? They're not, just in case you thought so.

The flu breaks out among the players of a high school basketball league. A college basketball league on the other side of the country doesn't get sick. Does that mystify you?

In one instance no. If the virus only infected high school basketball players and not college basketball players, then I would question it.

In one instance no. If the virus only infected high school basketball players and not college basketball players, then I would question it.
And therein lies your issue. The virus ONLY infects if it comes in contact with a host. If it does NOT come in contact with a new host, that host will remain uninfected. The flu virus WILL infect both High School players and college players, but if it breaks out in High School players that have no contact with college players, ie, they use different gymnasiums, don't practice together or play in the same games, it won't infect the college players. Apparently, that would lead you to believe the virus is smart and only infects High School players. Now, if one High School team had a breakout and no other team they played against had anyone get sick, then you have to question what's going on. You would look at vaccination rates, sterlization techniques, etc.

Don't you realize that there three major populations of chickens in the American commercial chicken industry?

1. Chickens raised specifically to be eaten.
2. Chickens raised to produce unfertilized eggs to be eaten.
3. Chickens raised to produce fertilized eggs.

These populations do not come in contact with each other, and trucks that visit one set of farms doesn't necessarily visit another set. Thus, a virus can infect one population and not necessarily infect another one, or will to a lesser extent. It has nothing to do with the virus being smart.

And therein lies your issue. The virus ONLY infects if it comes in contact with a host. If it does NOT come in contact with a new host, that host will remain uninfected. The flu virus WILL infect both High School players and college players, but if it breaks out in High School players that have no contact with college players, ie, they use different gymnasiums, don't practice together or play in the same games, it won't infect the college players. Apparently, that would lead you to believe the virus is smart and only infects High School players. Now, if one High School team had a breakout and no other team they played against had anyone get sick, then you have to question what's going on. You would look at vaccination rates, sterlization techniques, etc.

Don't you realize that there three major populations of chickens in the American commercial chicken industry?

1. Chickens raised specifically to be eaten.
2. Chickens raised to produce unfertilized eggs to be eaten.
3. Chickens raised to produce fertilized eggs.

These populations do not come in contact with each other, and trucks that visit one set of farms doesn't necessarily visit another set. Thus, a virus can infect one population and not necessarily infect another one, or will to a lesser extent. It has nothing to do with the virus being smart.

And the virus seems to know the difference. LOL

And the virus seems to know the difference. LOL
You're persistent, I'll give you that. Now, what part of my explanation don't you get? The part where the virus doesn't infect a host if it doesn't have contact with it? Here's a test question for you. Why doesn't electricity flow through an extension cord until you plug it in? Is it smart enough to know the difference?

You're persistent, I'll give you that. Now, what part of my explanation don't you get? The part where the virus doesn't infect a host if it doesn't have contact with it? Here's a test question for you. Why doesn't electricity flow through an extension cord until you plug it in? Is it smart enough to know the difference?

I get it. Chicken producers have a special invisible wall the virus can't get around.

I get it. Chicken producers have a special invisible wall the virus can't get around.
It's called no contact. What's so hard to grasp about that? Farms producing the same products have more contact than farms producing different things. Seriously, why are you not getting this? Why is the ground under an oasis in the desert wetter than the sand dune 5 miles away? There's a special invisible wall around the oasis that the water can't get around?

It's called no contact. What's so hard to grasp about that? Farms producing the same products have more contact than farms producing different things. Seriously, why are you not getting this? Why is the ground under an oasis in the desert wetter than the sand dune 5 miles away? There's a special invisible wall around the oasis that the water can't get around?

I said I get it. Chickens that lay eggs for meat producing don't come in contact with the flu but chickens that lay eggs for consumption do.

LOL

Forum List

Back