Conundrum. Chicken wings and eggs.

Birds infected with the flu, stop producing eggs.
That sheds no light on the discrepancy between the impact of the flu on egg-layers vs meat producers. That's what we were talking about.

My opinion is shaped by decades of eating food and deciding what I like. I spurn no food until I've tried it out enough to know if I really like or don't like it, and, as someone who cooks, am thoroughly grateful to those who prepare it. So yeah, I like dark chicken meat a lot more than the white meat.
Post wasn't to you...sorry for not ating the idiot...dark meat is said to be better..cheaper and juicer

Correct. Egg producers don't raise chickens for slaughter, and vice versa.

Not exactly true. Even egg laying hens are eventually sent to slaughter.... like the broiler chickens that are raised for 'meat.' The difference is the egg laying hens are sent to slaughter later than the other chickens.

Here's something for you to watch:

That sheds no light on the discrepancy between the impact of the flu on egg-layers vs meat producers. That's what we were talking about.

Where do meat producing chickens come from?

Not exactly true. Even egg laying hens are eventually sent to slaughter.... like the broiler chickens that are raised for 'meat.' The difference is the egg laying hens are sent to slaughter later than the other chickens.

Here's something for you to watch:

This is the devil's world -- hopefully for just a little while longer

Where do meat producing chickens come from?
They come from eggs, which is why no one is saying that broiler chickens are immune from the flu, they are just less likely to catch it when the outbreak is in the egg-laying flocks that are destroyed as soon as it's discovered.

They come from eggs, which is why no one is saying that broiler chickens are immune from the flu, they are just less likely to catch it when the outbreak is in the egg-laying flocks that are destroyed as soon as it's discovered.

Eggs. Funny that there are shortages of eggs to consume but not eggs to hatch.

Expect that next.

I posted the links. Prices are falling for chicken meat. If what is said about eggs was true, it would have hit long ago. The average chicken raised for meat lives 40 days.

Forum List

Back