Contamination of U.S. food supply worsens as 50% of foods tested contained cancer causing glyphosate

Go top hostage is indeed a proven carcinogen. And yes we are consuming it. And yes pesticides are hurting people. Pretty easy to follow.

You're basing science on a jury verdict? LOL!
The jury verdict was the result of scientific studies which identified glyphosate as a carcinogen. Bayer, the owner of Monsanto contends that "used as directed" glyphosate is safe. There is no study that will convince everyone. I use it, but I am very careful when handling it. It has also been blamed for the demise of the Monarch butterfly as midwestern farmers use it on rag weed which is a prime food source for that bug.

The jury verdict was the result of scientific studies which identified glyphosate as a carcinogen. Bayer, the owner of Monsanto contends that "used as directed" glyphosate is safe. There is no study that will convince everyone. I use it, but I am very careful when handling it. It has also been blamed for the demise of the Monarch butterfly as midwestern farmers use it on rag weed which is a prime food source for that bug.

The jury verdict was the result of scientific studies which identified glyphosate as a carcinogen.

I don't believe you.

It has also been blamed for the demise of the Monarch butterfly as midwestern farmers use it on rag weed which is a prime food source for that bug.

Milkweed.

I did some research into those tests years ago. The amounts used were way over what was recommended but, neverthless they have been used by lawyers in class action lawsuits. CA is famous for classifying some chemicals as carcinogens (baby powder comes to mind). Like you, lots of folks use Round Up and most do not have any adverse effects. One farmer sued Monsanto because he claimed Round Up ready seeds blew on his property. He was a seed saver but used those seeds because Round Up would not kill plants from those seeds making it easier to kill weeds but not soy beans. Larger harvests....etc. I read both sides at that time and even got outlines of Monsanto's research, rebuttals, etc. Round Up does not seem to be any kind of existential threat.

Last edited:
One farmer sued Monsanto
I saw that case too. I agree that the legal system if whacked. I lived in an agricultural area of CA and was amazed when people from the SF bay moved in next to dairies that had be operating for decades and they sued because of dust and odor. I didn't hear that any were victorious, but it is common to see farmers posting signs on their properties stating that they are "a working farm and there is dust, noise and pesticides in use" to avoid what, IMHO, are frivolous lawsuits.

One farmer sued Monsanto because he claimed Round Up ready seeds blew on his property. He was a seed saver but used those seeds because Round Up would not kill plants from those seeds making it easier to kill weeds but not soy beans.

Schmeiser was a scammer.

The respondents are the licensee and owner, respectively, of a patent that discloses the invention of chimeric genes that confer tolerance to glyphosate herbicides such as Roundup and cells containing those genes. Canola containing the patented genes and cells is marketed under the trade name “Roundup Ready Canola”. The appellants grow canola commercially in Saskatchewan. The appellants never purchased Roundup Ready canola nor obtained a licence to plant it. Tests of their 1998 canola crop revealed that 95-98 percent was Roundup Ready Canola. The respondents brought an action against the appellants for patent infringement. The trial judge found the patent to be valid and allowed the action, concluding that the appellants knew or ought to have known that they saved and planted seed containing the patented gene and cell and that they sold the resulting crop also containing the patented gene and cell. The Federal Court of Appeal affirmed the decision but made no finding on patent validity.

The fact is the jury awarded damages.
You didn't post any facts about glyphosate being a carcinogen.
You are correct....

"In January 2020, after receiving and considering public comments on the glyphosate proposed interim decision, EPA released the interim decision for registration review. As part of this action, EPA continues to find that there are no risks of concern to human health when glyphosate is used in accordance with its current label. EPA also found that glyphosate is unlikely to be a human carcinogen. EPA is requiring management measures to help farmers target pesticide sprays to intended pests, protect pollinators, and reduce the problem of weeds becoming resistant to glyphosate."

America's poor response to Covid is partly to blame for lower life expectancy.

But the major reasons are shown here:

There's mention of poor dietary choices but the notion of food being poisoned doesn't seem t be applicable.

Nobody should go out shopping for reasons to answer the questions on what is happening in America. Rumours of poisoning of food is only helping to put off facing up to the facts.
Since Obama's health scam----life expectancy has gone down.

The fact is the jury awarded damages.
You didn't post any facts about glyphosate being a carcinogen.
Not in the habit of explaining the workings of specific tort cases. I read the papers like anyone else. The fact remains that a jury in CA awarded substantial $$$ in damages in a case I know of and there are bundles of class action suits that have been filed. I am not arguing for or against. Do you have financial interest in Monsanto/Bayer?

Not in the habit of explaining the workings of specific tort cases. I read the papers like anyone else. The fact remains that a jury in CA awarded substantial $$$ in damages in a case I know of and there are bundles of class action suits that have been filed. I am not arguing for or against. Do you have financial interest in Monsanto/Bayer?
Class actions are suits that lawyers file in order to make big bucks. The victims seldom receive much. Today we have Mesothelioma, Parkinson's caused by paraquat, etc. All that have lawyers advertising for victims. I am not totally convinced that these cases are all viable.

Class actions are suits that lawyers file in order to make big bucks. The victims seldom receive much. Today we have Mesothelioma, Parkinson's caused by paraquat, etc. All that have lawyers advertising for victims. I am not totally convinced that these cases are all viable.
Granted, and I agree. However, the one case that I referred to in CA was not a class action---but it did prompt all the other class actions against Monsanto and Roundup.

The fact remains that a jury in CA awarded substantial $$$ in damages in a case I know of

Geez, a California jury.

Do you have financial interest in Monsanto/Bayer?

Nope.

You are correct....

"In January 2020, after receiving and considering public comments on the glyphosate proposed interim decision, EPA released the interim decision for registration review. As part of this action, EPA continues to find that there are no risks of concern to human health when glyphosate is used in accordance with its current label. EPA also found that glyphosate is unlikely to be a human carcinogen. EPA is requiring management measures to help farmers target pesticide sprays to intended pests, protect pollinators, and reduce the problem of weeds becoming resistant to glyphosate."
LOL :laughing0301: "accordance with its current label." :laughing0301:

I attended many Farm Shows at St. Louis Convention Center from the 1980's through 2000's where Monsanto reps were telling farmers that Roundup was so safe that we could pour it over our breakfast cereal like we do milk every day and eat it with no adverse health effects.

All that time Monsanto was suppressing data proving Roundup harmed human health. This is why farmers didn't wear PPE and sprayed as much as they could afford to kill weeds to increase crop yield. Many farmers (my uncle included) died of non-hodgkin's lymphoma caused by exposure, inhalation & consumption of the glyphosate in Roundup.

He didn't get any court settlement from Monsanto because he was dead & burred like Monsanto's adverse health data, long before any lawsuits were made public.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back