Constitutional Carry, carrying a gun without a permit, heading to Texas Governor's desk....good for them...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
It is about time...

Good, more nut jobs with guns, what could go wrong?
More dead nut jobs and likely innocent by standers.

It is about time...

I don't need no stinking permit, all I need is a gun.

Texas has weird gun laws. Although I didn't obtain a permit until I moved to Wisconsin, I always carried a loaded shotgun behind the seat of my truck when I lived in Texas. They don't regulate "long guns", so loaded rifles and shotguns in a vehicle is ok.

Then they have those 51% signs in the bars. You can't carry concealed weapon into a bar or restaurant that makes more than 51% of their profits from alcohol. Up here I can carry my concealed weapon in any bar, as long as I'm not consuming alcohol.

I believe Texas' concealed carry law also prohibits "printing." If someone can make out the outline of your pistol through your shirt, you can get in trouble. That's not an issue here.

It is about time...

Undoing 100 years of democrat bullshit.

Next, the NFA will be inapplicable to Texas.

:dance:

Texas has weird gun laws. Although I didn't obtain a permit until I moved to Wisconsin, I always carried a loaded shotgun behind the seat of my truck when I lived in Texas. They don't regulate "long guns", so loaded rifles and shotguns in a vehicle is ok.

Then they have those 51% signs in the bars. You can't carry concealed weapon into a bar or restaurant that makes more than 51% of their profits from alcohol. Up here I can carry my concealed weapon in any bar, as long as I'm not consuming alcohol.

I believe Texas' concealed carry law also prohibits "printing." If someone can make out the outline of your pistol through your shirt, you can get in trouble. That's not an issue here.
Printing went out a few years ago, thank Woden. That and a bunch of other restrictive bullshit.

We are clawing back rights taken from us decades ago by gun-grabbers.

Noice.

official handgun of Texas.JPG

It was also the weapon of choice for certain fictional gun slingers from Missourahhh:

z93vy3f7esz11.jpg

:laugh2:

"To hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat same as worms."

I'd love to have a repro Colt Walker, those things are massive. I have a repro Colt Army 1860 and Remington 1858 in 44 cal, but a Walker would be cool.
Some gun manufacturer could retire making reproductions of the Walker. Hell, some machinist cold make a fortune reproducing the Walker as a non-functioning show piece. You can't even find that anywhere.

It was also the weapon of choice for certain fictional gun slingers from Missourahhh:

z93vy3f7esz11.jpg

I'd love to have a repro Colt Walker, those things are massive. I have a repro Colt Army 1860 and Remington 1858 in 44 cal, but a Walker would be cool.
Some gun manufacturer could retire making reproductions of the Walker. Hell, some machinist cold make a fortune reproducing the Walker as a non-functioning show piece. You can't even find that anywhere.

I see them at gun shows occasionally. But they're usually asking upwards of $400 or so. Too pricey for me.

z93vy3f7esz11.jpg

I see them at gun shows occasionally. But they're usually asking upwards of $400 or so. Too pricey for me.
Functioning or show pieces?

One should be available for shipment in August ... But since it is 'black powder' they can ship it straight to you (unless there is a State law against it where you live).

You may have a tough time finding powder and bullets though ... The Government is going after that too.
Go ahead and buy a bullet mold if you get a chance ... You can turn tire weights and fishing gear into bullets.

z93vy3f7esz11.jpg

Functioning: Load up each chamber with 30 grains of BP or pyrodex, put a Wonder Wad over the powder, push a lead ball in there with the loading lever, put some hog fat over the ball, stick a percussion cap on the nipple, pull the hammer back, and Boom.

One should be available for shipment in August ... But since it is 'black powder' they can ship it straight to you.

You may have a tough time finding powder and bullets though ... The Government is going after that too.
Go ahead and buy a bullet mold if you get a chance ... You can turn tire weights and fishing gear into bullets.

Nice. I already have bullet molds in .36, .44, .50, .54, and .58 calibers. Plenty of Pyrodex P and R, and a shitload of #10, #11, and musket caps. Shooting black powder guns is a whole day experience, though. Everything has to be cleaned afterward, oiled back up with Ballistol, and put away.

z93vy3f7esz11.jpg

Functioning: Load up each chamber with 30 grains of BP or pyrodex, put a Wonder Wad over the powder, push a lead ball in there with the loading lever, put some hog fat over the ball, stick a percussion cap on the nipple, pull the hammer back, and Boom.
Fully functioning? Wow. That's pretty cool.

They can't be very accurate past 5 yards. :laugh:

z93vy3f7esz11.jpg

Fully functioning? Wow. That's pretty cool.

They can't be very accurate past 5 yards. :laugh:

You'd be surprised, they're very accurate 1-1/2" groups at 25 yards, deadly out to 400 yards or so. From what I heard, the Walker was designed to be more powerful at close range, but able to reach out a ways.

Forum List

Back