Conservatives Warming Up to Minimum Wage Hikes: Leftists Cooling

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Some people thought this could never happen. Not me. I'd have to go look and see if my pro-minimum wage raise OPs are in this forum, or in past forums that I got kicked out of for being a conservative, and telling the truth about Muslims, Affirmative Action, and immigration.

In any case, I am again just putting it on the table for everyone to take another look at, especially with some of the rather new perspectives that have arisen on this long, contentious issue. Some posters here (leftist gooneybirds generally) have accused me of being racist, a fascist, a "wingnut", a deplorable, and some words I wouldn't even repeat. Some have said I'm the worst (in their eyes) right-winger in this forum. Well, that's their view. They're entitled to their opinion.

I just want to put this out here now. A raise in the minimum wage does a few things. But the one thing I, et al conservatives, are thinking about, is the effect it has on immigration. Excess immigration (and we are undergoing that big time) is dangerous to any country. It is ruining America. It takes jobs from Americans. Lowers wages. Reduces sales to businesses. Hurts the economy by remittances$$ losses ($138 Billion/year in 2016), increases crime, and has many other harmful effects. It needs to be stopped on the illegal end, and reduced to only merit immigration on the legal side.

Liberals are cooling off to MW hikes, because it reduces employers' interest in hiring illegal aliens, thus reducing (if not eliminating) the inflow of them, and their VOTES for Democrats.

Raising the minimum wage (to $15/hour as a possibility) could punch a hole in illegal immigration, that could knock the hell out of it. Employers want illegals for their willingness to work for very low wages. But with a substantial sized MW, they would be forced to either hire illegals off the books (a risky procedure), or forget illegals, and hire Americans at good wages. Illegal immigration would lose its appeal to illegal employers, thereby helping most US businesses (competitors of illegal employers), who follow the law and don't hire illegals.

Lastly, there's the case of disposable income. This is the total amount of money that consumers have in a community to use to purchase...anything. This, with a low MW is harmful to businesses because we business owners need money in people's pockets to sell our stuff. With a higher MW, the folks around us have more money to shop, and buy our stuff. Our sales go up.

I look at this from 2 perspectives. 1) as a former college professor of microeconomics (CUNY) with a rigid set of parameters regarding "the firm" .......and 2) as a former business owner, whereby I found nothing more frightening than a big influx of illegal alien dirtbags, working for the current US MW of $7.25/hour (or less, if they're unreported). And even these low wages mostly don't get into the community's DI, because illegal aliens notoriously send most of their wages back to their home country (remittances$$), thereby depriving US businesses of sales.

President Trump knows that for US businesses to succeed (in the US), immigration must be reduced, and illegal immigration must be eradicated entirely.

Last edited:
A remittances tax added to the mix and you would have my support.
Eliminating immigration, including deporting the ones here now, eliminates the remittances. Nobody hates them more than I do.

$28 Billion in Mexican imperialism (remittances) alone we are suffering. $28 Billion - the Vikings would be envious.

Some people thought this could never happen. Not me. I'd have to go look and see if my pro-minimum wage raise OPs are in this forum, or in past forums that I got kicked out of for being a conservative, and telling the truth about Muslims, Affirmative Action, and immigration.

In any case, I am again just putting it on the table for everyone to take another look at, especially with some of the rather new perspectives that have arisen on this long, contentious issue. Some posters here (leftist gooneybirds generally) have accused me of being racist, a fascist, a "wingnut", a deplorable, and some words I wouldn't even repeat. Some have said I'm the worst (in their eyes) right-winger in this forum. Well, that's their view. They're entitled to their opinion.

I just want to put this out here now. A raise in the minimum wage does a few things. But the one thing I, et al conservatives, are thinking about, is the effect it has on immigration. Excess immigration (and we are undergoing that big time) is dangerous to any country. It is ruining America. It takes jobs from Americans. Lowers wages. Reduces sales to businesses. Hurts the economy by remittances$$ losses ($138 Billion/year in 2016), increases crime, and has many other harmful effects. It needs to be stopped on the illegal end, and reduced to only merit immigration on the legal side.

Liberals are cooling off to MW hikes, because it reduces employers' interest in hiring illegal aliens, thus reducing (if not eliminating) the inflow of them, and their VOTES for Democrats.

Raising the minimum wage (to $15/hour as a possibility) could punch a hole in illegal immigration, that could knock the hell out of it. Employers want illegals for their willingness to work for very low wages. But with a substantial sized MW, they would be forced to either hire illegals off the books (a risky procedure), or forget illegals, and hire Americans at good wages. Illegal immigration would lose its appeal to illegal employers, thereby helping most US businesses (competitors of illegal employers), who follow the law and don't hire illegals.

Lastly, there's the case of disposable income. This is the total amount of money that consumers have in a community to use to purchase...anything. This, with a low MW is harmful to businesses because we business owners need money in people's pockets to sell our stuff. With a higher MW, the folks around us have more money to shop, and buy our stuff. Our sales go up.

I look at this from 2 perspectives. 1) as a former college professor of microeconomics (CUNY) with a rigid set of parameters regarding "the firm" .......and 2) as a former business owner, whereby I found nothing more frightening than a big influx of illegal alien dirtbags, working for the current US MW of $7.25/hour (or less, if they're unreported). And even these low wages mostly don't get into the community's DI, because illegal aliens notoriously send most of their wages back to their home country (remittances$$), thereby depriving US businesses of sales.

President Trump knows that for US businesses to succeed (in the US), immigration must be reduced, and illegal immigration must be eradicated entirely.
Are you ready to start punishing employers who hire illegals? Both big corporations and small business?

Are you ready to start punishing employers who hire illegals? Both big corporations and small business?
I was ready to do that 60 years ago. Nothing's changed. They are violators of the 1986 IRCA law. Only thing about that is, it is often difficult to prosecute those employers because of one word in that law >> "Knowingly"

And I'm also ready to punish others who aid and abet the invasions. Like what Obama did, except he's no longer doing those things. Some others are though.

In any case, I am again just putting it on the table for everyone to take another look at, especially with some of the rather new perspectives that have arisen on this long, contentious issue. Some posters here (leftist gooneybirds generally) have accused me of being racist, a fascist, a wingnut", a deplorable, and some words I wouldn't even repeat. Some have said I'm the worst (in their eyes) right-winger in this forum. Well, that's their view. They're entitled to their opinion.I just want to put this out here now. A raise in the minimum wage does a few things. But the one thing I, et al conservatives, are thinking about, is the effect it has on immigration. Excess immigration (and we are undergoing that big time) is dangerous to any country. It is ruining America. It takes jobs from Americans. Lowers wages. Reduces sales to businesses. Hurts the economy by remittances$$ losses ($138 Billion/year in 2016), increases crime, and has many other harmful effects. It needs to be stopped on the illegal end, and reduced to only merit immigration on the legal side. Liberals are cooling off to MW hikes, because it reduces employers' interest in hiring illegal aliens, thus reducing (if not eliminating) the inflow of them, and their VOTES for Democrats.
Raising the minimum wage (to $15/hour as a possibility) could punch a hole in illegal immigration, that could knock the hell out of it. Employers want illegals for their willingness to work for very low wages. But with a substantial sized MW, they would be forced to either hire illegals off the books (a risky procedure), or forget illegals, and hire Americans at good wages. Illegal immigration ould lose its appeal to illegal employers, thereby helping most US businesses (competitors of illegal oyers), who follow the law and don't hire illegals.Lastly, there's the case of disposable income. is is the total amount of money that consumers have in a community to use to purchase...anything. This, with a low MW is harmful to businesses because we business owners need money in people's pockets to sell our stuff. With a higher MW, the folks around us have more money to shop, and buy our stuff. Our sales go up.

President Trump knows that for US businesses to succeed (in the US), immigration must be reduced, and illegal immigration must be eradicated entirely.[/QUOTE]
Are you ready to start punishing employers who hire illegals? Both big corporations and small business?[/QUOTE] Great idea.

Forum List

Back