Conservatives Expose Their Hypocrisy With Lack of Criticism of Trump Executive Orders

I suppose one could also argue that Democrats are hypocrites also for condemning them. I've noted for years that anything one refuses to condemn will only get worse.

Yes, Trump is a huge hypocrite but others can't really expect him to not do things they supported others doing.

Democrats didn't support the use of Executive Orders either, but with the Republican House and Senate left little choice. Republicans held a pubically stated position that they wouldn't pass any legislation or approve any judges so that Democrats would have "nothing to run on", and that they would do everything possible to thwart the President's agenda whether or not it was good for the country. This was in the middle of the worst economic recession since the Great Depression (prior to this one), shows that Republicans really don't care about what happens to the American people, as long as their donors get their tax cuts.

I notice how quickly they jumped to give aid to the children of Flint Michigan the moment Trump was elected, after doing nothing for 4 years while the children of Flint were exposed to toxins in their water supply, long after the damage to their young bodies was done. Now they'll be decrying the number of these children who fail to become "productive" citizens due to the lead in the water they drank while growing up.

Democrats never said a work about Obama's EO's. Trump can use the same excuse you made for Obama.

From the Brookings Institute in 2014.

DACA was not a natural disaster..........not a emergency declaration to U.S. citizens...........it was a POLICY ORDER via EO...............

Trump is Temp relief using Disaster relief and the Defense Production Act to protect AMERICAN CITIZENS from an Act of Nature.

NO COMPARISON.
the comparison is that the EO process has become a way of doing things and yes, that does lead to a dictatorship. i didn't like it when obama did it, i don't like it when trump does it.

we're breaking ourselves and this country by our one-sided bullshit and refusal to work together.
He is only using available funds for immediate relief in this so called pandemic to stop citizens from being thrown out and have no income whatsoever...........FEMA FUNDS..........that in the middle of a Hurricane no one says their are illegal......

Just because this is not a hurricane doesn't make it ILLEGAL.............Temp measure using LEGAL POWERS......He is NOT doing something LIKE DACA which in essence CHANGED LAWS.........

Which laws were changed in these EO's for temp relief from a disaster.

Funding abortions through planned parenthood in the bill is obvious bullshit. What do abortions have to do with unemployment benefits?
Or illegals........or in the last bill giving themselves RAISES as they shut down the country and laid off maybe 40 million people......who have families to take care of...............

And from politicians that as always are essentially BLACK MAILING to get anything passed........and want massive MONEY to STATES THEY BANKRUPTED.....

To hell with that..........small funds via EO's to extend unemployment during a disaster is PERFECTLY LEGAL.......AND IS NOT A DANG VIOLATION OR ABUSE OF EO'S.......

Or every Hurricane response would be the same.

I suppose one could also argue that Democrats are hypocrites also for condemning them. I've noted for years that anything one refuses to condemn will only get worse.

Yes, Trump is a huge hypocrite but others can't really expect him to not do things they supported others doing.

Democrats didn't support the use of Executive Orders either, but with the Republican House and Senate left little choice. Republicans held a pubically stated position that they wouldn't pass any legislation or approve any judges so that Democrats would have "nothing to run on", and that they would do everything possible to thwart the President's agenda whether or not it was good for the country. This was in the middle of the worst economic recession since the Great Depression (prior to this one), shows that Republicans really don't care about what happens to the American people, as long as their donors get their tax cuts.

I notice how quickly they jumped to give aid to the children of Flint Michigan the moment Trump was elected, after doing nothing for 4 years while the children of Flint were exposed to toxins in their water supply, long after the damage to their young bodies was done. Now they'll be decrying the number of these children who fail to become "productive" citizens due to the lead in the water they drank while growing up.

Democrats never said a work about Obama's EO's. Trump can use the same excuse you made for Obama.

Did anything get passed? No.
Democrats loved them...don’t lie.

Did you even bother to read what I wrote?

From the Brookings Institute in 2014.

DACA was not a natural disaster..........not a emergency declaration to U.S. citizens...........it was a POLICY ORDER via EO...............

Trump is Temp relief using Disaster relief and the Defense Production Act to protect AMERICAN CITIZENS from an Act of Nature.

NO COMPARISON.
the comparison is that the EO process has become a way of doing things and yes, that does lead to a dictatorship. i didn't like it when obama did it, i don't like it when trump does it.

we're breaking ourselves and this country by our one-sided bullshit and refusal to work together.
He is only using available funds for immediate relief in this so called pandemic to stop citizens from being thrown out and have no income whatsoever...........FEMA FUNDS..........that in the middle of a Hurricane no one says their are illegal......

Just because this is not a hurricane doesn't make it ILLEGAL.............Temp measure using LEGAL POWERS......He is NOT doing something LIKE DACA which in essence CHANGED LAWS.........

Which laws were changed in these EO's for temp relief from a disaster.
That's fine but I still don't think this was the intent of an EO.

what's funny about this thread in general -

i said when obama was doing them it would simply set precedence. but the left said that the right was being too difficult so this is what had to be done.

fine. precedence set.

now here come the liberals whining that others are doing what they pioneered. the left is certainly making it far more difficult than obama had it so if the excuse of the right made them do it because of said difficulty then the entire premise of the right being hypocrites is bullshit.

you're just as hypocritical for being MORE difficult and trying to say an EO shouldn't be used.

again - we keep harping on OUR SIDE CAN YOU CAN'T shit and that's what got us here today.

and this conservative cried foul when BOTH have done it - so again, premise full of shit.

Dims: No voter IDs at polls and no signature checks of mail in ballots or no pne gets unemployment.

Trump: Thats ok, I will pass unemployment relief as an EO, in that case. People need to pay their bills. Especially the ones that DIMS FORCED TO SHUT DOWN THEIR BUSINESSES.

OP: Trump used an EO! You are all hypocrites!

COLONEL ANGUS: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Under emergency powers long given to the POTUS in a time of emergency or war, the POTUS can shift money around as he sees fit.

It is rarely used that way to preserve the authority from public revulsion, but that is what it is.

BTW, we never signed a peace treaty with germany and so are still at war with Germany, so there ya go.

Forum List

Back