"Conservative" Democrats?

I'd consider Joe Manchin a pretty conservative Democrat. I may be biased, being raised in West Virginia. :eusa_shifty:

Is there really such a thing anymore? All I see from that party are nothing but whacked out Leftists and Communists.

Yes of course there is. There are fiscal conservatives who do not wish to join in the myriad morally driven social causes that republicans involve themselves with and so they are democrats. If you feel a conservative must also be involved with what goes on in America's bedrooms and uteruses then perhaps not.

Is there really such a thing anymore? All I see from that party are nothing but whacked out Leftists and Communists.

220px-Mao.jpg

^ Conservative Democrat

Yes of course there is. There are fiscal conservatives who do not wish to join in the myriad morally driven social causes that republicans involve themselves with and so they are democrats. If you feel a conservative must also be involved with what goes on in America's bedrooms and uteruses then perhaps not.

Can you name one, and Joe Unicorn does not count

In fairness, how many fiscally conservative Republicans can you name?

they pop up especially at election time....or depending on the issue....

good example is Harry Reid....he's as whacked out leftist as they come but when it comes to gun control he is a 'conservative democrat'.....because he would never be elected in Nevada if he wasn't pro-gun...

In fairness, how many fiscally conservative Republicans can you name?
Paul Ryan

good example is Harry Reid....he's as whacked out leftist as they come but when it comes to gun control he is a 'conservative democrat'.....because he would never be elected in Nevada if he wasn't pro-gun...

If harry were a whacked out leftist he would have ended republican fillibustering early on so he and obama (another non leftist) could have actually pushed leftist programs while the house was still controlled by democrats.

If harry were a whacked out leftist he would have ended republican fillibustering early on so he and obama (another non leftist) could have actually pushed leftist programs while the house was still controlled by democrats.

woulda...coulda...shoulda....nobody said he was a smart lefty....perhaps his cowboy poetry got in the way...:eusa_boohoo:

well the further you move to the right the more you see sane rational people as an enemy.

my suggestion, move as far to the right as life allows...hopefully you will choke to death on your hatred and evilness

Any Democrap is aligned with Hairy Reid and bug eyes Pelosi....so they can't be true conservative Democraps.

There will be liberals in sheep's clothing coming claiming they will vote against obamacare just to take advantage of the anti-obamacare movement in this country, but when it is all said and done their presence in Congress provides the Democraps the numbers to control the Senate and possibly the HoR if all hell breaks loose.

Never vote Democrap, period.

A consequence of being a blind partisan hack.

Democrats relegated party extremists to the political backseat between 1988 and 1992, one of the reasons why they’ve won four of the last six presidential elections; something republicans will need to do to realize long-term political viability.

Democrats learned that the voters despise all forms of extremism, left or right; a lesson republicans haven’t yet learned.

You're so full of shit.

A consequence of being a blind partisan hack.

Democrats relegated party extremists to the political backseat between 1988 and 1992, one of the reasons why they’ve won four of the last six presidential elections; something republicans will need to do to realize long-term political viability.

Democrats learned that the voters despise all forms of extremism, left or right; a lesson republicans haven’t yet learned.

Sure, there are some conservative Democrats. It isn't a surprise that the resident wingnuts don't recognize any though. After all, the minute a Republican strays at all from their rigid orthodoxy, they aren't considered to be conservative any longer. They are a "RINO" or somesuch.

Not allowed in the Democrat party anymore. The party was hijacked openly by the far left during the Carter years and has not looked back.

They were once called Blue Dog Democrats, but the far left made sure they did not have a voice in the party.

There are Democrats that fiscally conservative, some that are religious conservatives, and still others that are traditional conservatives. However, for Democrats, it's more about issues than philosophies and dogma.

Not allowed in the Democrat party anymore. The party was hijacked openly by the far left during the Carter years and has not looked back.

They were once called Blue Dog Democrats, but the far left made sure they did not have a voice in the party.

They are still called Blue Dog Democrats. There are 15 or 16 left, now that Giffords resigned after being shot by a gun nut. To you wingnuts, everyone who isn't a teabagger is "far left".

Conservatives and the GOP .. rightwingers ... palace coup ... news flash

Forum List

Back