Conservative Christians Were The Political Pawns Of 2018

Why is it, in the liberal world, ALL Conservatives have to be CRISTIANS????

I guess that's fair, as I think that ALL liberals are COMMUNISTS,

One man's "religion"...

I don't think anyone is saying that all conservatives are Christians. But, clearly, a lot of them are.

"White evangelicals made up 1 in 4 of all voters in the 2016 election."

"...white born-again/evangelical Christians cast their ballots for the controversial real estate mogul-turned-politician at an 81 percent to 16 percent margin over Hillary Clinton."

Trump Elected President, Thanks to 4 in 5 White Evangelicals

One man's "religion"...

I don't think anyone is saying that all conservatives are Christians. But, clearly, a lot of them are.

"...white born-again/evangelical Christians cast their ballots for the controversial real estate mogul-turned-politician at an 81 percent to 16 percent margin over Hillary Clinton."

By "controversial" they mean the media doesnt like him right?

One man's "religion"...

By "controversial" they mean the media doesnt like him right?

Ask the people at christianitytoday.com why he was controversial.

One man's "religion"...

That is a Christian magazine. I suspect they are spinning the impact of Evangelicals. 1 in 4 sounds very high.

5c26828a3c000050060f3874.jpeg

This year, many have found themselves playing the role of political pawns, manipulated to perpetuate political agendas. And President Donald Trump has been the chess master.

From using asylum-seekers in the migrant caravans to push forward violent immigration policy to gathering Black pastors and people like Kanye West to appear sympathetic toward and popular in communities of color, the Trump administration seems to see all people as movable pieces on a game board serviceable to his political agendas.

While most have been forced into being pawns through circumstance and systemic oppression, conservative Christians have voluntarily chosen the role of being the most manipulatable people in the game. These Christians have been politically duped by Trump, who promised movement on their issues of deepest concern without actually following through in significantly measurable ways.

Some Christians will go to any length to gain and maintain political power, sacrificing Jesus’ values of inclusion and justice.

If 2017, the first year of Trump’s term, was a year of hype and of creating the illusion of a Christian nation, 2018 has been the year that Trump used his pawns to do his bidding, even at the expense of real Christian values. During his campaign, he promised to defund Planned Parenthood, and in doing so, solidified a conservative Christian base. “Every life is sacred, and . . . every child is a precious gift from God,” Trump declared. “We know that every life has meaning and that every life is totally worth protecting.”

Yet Trump’s administration has made it painfully clear that he doesn’t care about life at all; he simply cares about maintaining a base. He has put children in cages at the border, disregarded the value of Black lives, desecrated Native land with the Keystone XL pipeline, oppressed trans people in the military and regularly dehumanized people through his petulant Twitter tirades.

When Trump needed people to support militarization at the border, he manipulated the traditional values of protecting your family, when he needed to exclude people from predominantly Muslim countries, he leveraged Christian fear about freedom of all other religions. Culminating in the Religious Liberty Task Force introduced by former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Trump administration has catered to its Christian constituency with a track record of either ignoring or demonizing other people of faith and simultaneously elevating and espousing (politicized) “Christian values.”

When he wanted to put Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court despite the sexual assault allegations the judge faced, Trump leaned on pro-life values that would appeal to his Christian base. And when he continuously violates all morals and ethics in his personal life, character and communication, he is able to rely on the notion of forgiveness, grace, or Christians choosing to put up with his lesser evils as long as their political motivations are legitimized and backed.

Trump will continue to be a chess master, moving Christians toward the death of their integrity and the increase of his own power.

More: Conservative Christians Were The Political Pawns Of 2018

How can Conservative Christians ever redeem themselves after selling their souls to a conman like Trump? They have sacrificed their so-called religious beliefs and values for political power. Evangelicals, especially, have lost all credibility. If they really believe in a supernatural God - wouldn't they assume they are being watched and judged? What do you think?

Yup..and I know a ton of them. They are an amoral....criminal....adulterer...for the sake of voting red. They have been fooled into believing the lies of a Putin approved, illegitimate president.

Now he is intent on sending the US Government into total disfunction as he sits at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue whining like a little girl....

Conservative Christians have some major decisions to make about their support for Trump. Is political power worth sacrificing their so-called biblical values?

DvwLRcKWsAEj4AK.jpg

Conservative Christians have some major decisions to make about their support for Trump. Is political power worth sacrificing their so-called biblical values?

DvwLRcKWsAEj4AK.jpg

You think Christians are going to vote for the party of abortion, homosexuality, SSM, etc. LaKooKoo?

You're sadly mistaken if you think Evangelicals will

5c26828a3c000050060f3874.jpeg

This year, many have found themselves playing the role of political pawns, manipulated to perpetuate political agendas. And President Donald Trump has been the chess master.

From using asylum-seekers in the migrant caravans to push forward violent immigration policy to gathering Black pastors and people like Kanye West to appear sympathetic toward and popular in communities of color, the Trump administration seems to see all people as movable pieces on a game board serviceable to his political agendas.

While most have been forced into being pawns through circumstance and systemic oppression, conservative Christians have voluntarily chosen the role of being the most manipulatable people in the game. These Christians have been politically duped by Trump, who promised movement on their issues of deepest concern without actually following through in significantly measurable ways.

Some Christians will go to any length to gain and maintain political power, sacrificing Jesus’ values of inclusion and justice.

If 2017, the first year of Trump’s term, was a year of hype and of creating the illusion of a Christian nation, 2018 has been the year that Trump used his pawns to do his bidding, even at the expense of real Christian values. During his campaign, he promised to defund Planned Parenthood, and in doing so, solidified a conservative Christian base. “Every life is sacred, and . . . every child is a precious gift from God,” Trump declared. “We know that every life has meaning and that every life is totally worth protecting.”

Yet Trump’s administration has made it painfully clear that he doesn’t care about life at all; he simply cares about maintaining a base. He has put children in cages at the border, disregarded the value of Black lives, desecrated Native land with the Keystone XL pipeline, oppressed trans people in the military and regularly dehumanized people through his petulant Twitter tirades.

When Trump needed people to support militarization at the border, he manipulated the traditional values of protecting your family, when he needed to exclude people from predominantly Muslim countries, he leveraged Christian fear about freedom of all other religions. Culminating in the Religious Liberty Task Force introduced by former Attorney General Jeff Sessions, the Trump administration has catered to its Christian constituency with a track record of either ignoring or demonizing other people of faith and simultaneously elevating and espousing (politicized) “Christian values.”

When he wanted to put Brett Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court despite the sexual assault allegations the judge faced, Trump leaned on pro-life values that would appeal to his Christian base. And when he continuously violates all morals and ethics in his personal life, character and communication, he is able to rely on the notion of forgiveness, grace, or Christians choosing to put up with his lesser evils as long as their political motivations are legitimized and backed.

Trump will continue to be a chess master, moving Christians toward the death of their integrity and the increase of his own power.

More: Conservative Christians Were The Political Pawns Of 2018

How can Conservative Christians ever redeem themselves after selling their souls to a conman like Trump? They have sacrificed their so-called religious beliefs and values for political power. Evangelicals, especially, have lost all credibility. If they really believe in a supernatural God - wouldn't they assume they are being watched and judged? What do you think?

Sure because Christians would have done God's will by voting for Hillary. This is the stuff of cartoons.

Forum List

Back