Conservative Activist Dies of COVID Complications After Attending Anti-Vax ‘Symposium’

Yet another one, you'd think some might get the message. I guess not~

via Facebook
© Provided by The Daily Beast via Facebook
A well-known conservative activist in Arlington, Texas, who peddled COVID-19 vaccine misinformation has died of complications caused by the virus—just a few weeks after attending a “symposium” against the shots.
The Arlington Republican Party confirmed the passing of Kelly Canon on Facebook.
“Another tragedy and loss for our Republican family. Our dear friend Kelly Canon lost her battle with pneumonia today. Kelly will be forever in our hearts as a loyal and beloved friend and Patriot. Gone way too soon We will keep her family in our prayers,” the Arlington Republican Club said in a statement.

Canon had announced on Facebook in November that her employer granted her a religious exemption for the COVID-19 vaccine.

“No jabby-jabby for me! Praise GOD!” she wrote at the time.

Canon was prominent in Republican circles for her grassroots organizing and campaign to ban red light cameras in Arlington. She also made headlines in 2017 for going public about sexually explicit photos allegedly sent to her by then-GOP Rep. Joe Barton, a scandal which ultimately ended in Barton stepping down.
More recently, Canon had been an outspoken critic of COVID-19 vaccine mandates and pandemic-related restrictions. In one of her final Facebook posts, Canon shared several links to speeches she attended at a “COVID symposium” in Burleson in early December devoted to dissuading people from getting the COVID-19 vaccines that are currently available. The event was organized by God Save Our Children, which bills itself as “a conservative group that is fighting against the use of experimental vaccines on our children.”
Friends and colleagues of the Republican figure flooded social media with tributes on Tuesday, lamenting what they said was her death “from COVID-related pneumonia.”

You have to be a sick fuck to get glee from this

via Facebook
A well-known conservative activist in Arlington, Texas, who peddled COVID-19 vaccine misinformation has died of complications caused by the virus—just a few weeks after attending a “symposium” against the shots.
The Arlington Republican Party confirmed the passing of Kelly Canon on Facebook.
“Another tragedy and loss for our Republican family. Our dear friend Kelly Canon lost her battle with pneumonia today. Kelly will be forever in our hearts as a loyal and beloved friend and Patriot. Gone way too soon We will keep her family in our prayers,” the Arlington Republican Club said in a statement.

Canon had announced on Facebook in November that her employer granted her a religious exemption for the COVID-19 vaccine.

Canon was prominent in Republican circles for her grassroots organizing and campaign to ban red light cameras in Arlington. She also made headlines in 2017 for going public about sexually explicit photos allegedly sent to her by then-GOP Rep. Joe Barton, a scandal which ultimately ended in Barton stepping down.
More recently, Canon had been an outspoken critic of COVID-19 vaccine mandates and pandemic-related restrictions. In one of her final Facebook posts, Canon shared several links to speeches she attended at a “COVID symposium” in Burleson in early December devoted to dissuading people from getting the COVID-19 vaccines that are currently available. The event was organized by God Save Our Children, which bills itself as “a conservative group that is fighting against the use of experimental vaccines on our children.”
Friends and colleagues of the Republican figure flooded social media with tributes on Tuesday, lamenting what they said was her death “from COVID-related pneumonia.”
Ghoul Fest 2022. You guys are sad.

via Facebook

When will they learn?

For those pushing for vaccines and those laughing at anti-vaxxers dying of Covid, anti-vaxxers and people who refuse the shot are very much aware that catching and/or dying of Covid is a possibility. Obviously it is a risk we are willing to take.

I for one would rather take the chance that I won’t catch or die from Covid than willingly and purposely inject myself with a shot I do not trust, whose side effects may be worse than the virus and is known not to prevent contraction anyway.

If I ever catch it, it was my choice not to take the shot and I will accept that.

"I for one would rather take the chance that I won’t catch or die from Covid than willingly and purposely inject myself with a shot I do not trust, whose side effects may be worse than the virus and is known not to prevent contraction anyway."

"Whose side effects may be worse than the virus".......

Well, they 'may be', we are all different, but.......but for me and those folks who I personally know, the "side effects" have really been quite mild.

Here, lemme share:
For myself, with all 3 shots I had zero side-effects. No sore arm, no nausea, no malaise, no tiredness.
My bride, 2 years younger, had a sore arm for #1 and #2, a bit of tiredness with #3, which went away in a day. BTW, she is tired too after her annual flu shot.....for a day.
(She had a couple of shingles shots that they kicked her butt. I haven't had them yet....but know that I will in the reasonable future. ps...getting shingles can be a horrible ordeal.)

And then with the many many folks I now know across a wide range of ages, their symptoms were much like my bride's. Some with one symptom, maybe two or three symptoms, a few like me with zero...... but ALL such went away within 24 hours.

I also now know 3 people who have died of Covid. An old neighbor from our prior residence. She died in mid-year, 2020. She was rather generous in girth. The other two were friends. One younger, an excellent 'in-shape' residential builder whose company I thoroughly enjoyed, an anti-vaxxer.
One older, a friend from my childhood and a long retired farmer.....an anti-vaxxer.

So, some can fret over the vaccine killing 'em. OK. Different strokes.
But personally, it is my belief those folks are part of the problem of the spread and mutation of the disease into its variants. And, absolutely the problem causing the crisis in hospitals and staff right now.

Both of those last two deaths made me sad.

Forum List

Back