Consequences of Sexual Repression

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Sexual Repression The Malady That Considers Itself the Remedy Psychology Today

"Nothing inspires murderous mayhem in human beings more reliably than sexual repression. Denied food, water, or freedom of movement, people will get desperate and some may lash out at what they perceive as the source of their problems, albeit in a weakened state. But if expression of sexuality is thwarted, the human psyche tends to grow twisted into grotesque, enraged perversions of desire. Unfortunately, the distorted rage resulting from sexual repression rarely takes the form of rebellion against the people and institutions behind the repression. (If it did, perhaps we'd be reading of abused priests rather than priests as abusers.) Instead, the rage is generally directed at helpless victims who are sacrificed to the sick gods of guilt, shame, and ignorant pride.

We can start with Christianity, a religion centered upon a figure whose holiness begins with his having been conceived asexually."

goes on at link

It's beyond dispute that sexuality is being attacked now as it has in the past. By both religion and secular alike. The increasing religious extremist violence seen in Islam is often cited as a consequence of sexual repression (if you can't have sex, being rewarded with it in Paradise is very alluring.)

From a basic psychological standpoint,t he more you deny and repress things, the more people want them. Made alcohol illegal way back and it only made people want it more. Drugs are still illegal yet very popular and drug use is accepted in large segments of the population despite their being illegal. Sex laws abound too regulating it and yet law enforcement arrests more for ex-related crimes than for non-sexual violent offenses.

There seems to be a global effort underway to regulate sexuality. Not only will it not achieve whatever goals it's hoping to achieve, but it's going to make things even worse by trying to bring such a basic human desire under control. Sexuality is part of being human and has been all along. But at no time in any civilization of the past was government trying to suppress people's enjoyment of it. This is something only taking place recently and stands out like a flashing neon billboard at night.

Given how violent extremists in Islam are, a religion which pretty much blanket-bans sex but in marriage for reproduction, I wonder if non-Muslim religious leaders are deliberately trying to 'match up' making their own 'side' equally violent to become cannon fodder in wars against arab enemies. If they're willing to die to have sex, but our side isn't, all other things being equal, their side has an advantage. They'll commit suicide to get to the happy sex place whereas our side able to enjoy sex while still alive may opt not to fight at all since things for them are pretty nice already.

SUPPORT MASTURBATION I was actually worried about my military service because I advised the young sailors to
jerk off......

SUPPORT MASTURBATION I was actually worried about my military service because I advised the young sailors to
jerk off......

Would suggest masturbation be encouraged throughout the professional world. If you're distracted by desire because you haven't had an orgasm in a while you're a liability. 'Clear your head' and you're an asset. Would likely produce side-benefits too like less frequent sexual harassment since people aren't as horny and hitting on anything that moves in their working world.

jerk off......

Would suggest masturbation be encouraged throughout the professional world. If you're distracted by desire because you haven't had an orgasm in a while you're a liability. 'Clear your head' and you're an asset. Would likely produce side-benefits too like less frequent sexual harassment since people aren't as horny and hitting on anything that moves in their working world.

my thoughts exactly------the idiots at my base liked to refer all premature ejaculation ""problems"" to me--------that meant every poor kid who suffered from "spontaneous"
-----uhm----squirts.

Fortune 500: Ankle Appraisal

Why do young people seem fascinated by the fictional medicine-robot warrior avatar Defensor from the A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) fantasy-adventure franchise "Transformers" (Hasbro)?

Do people find simple satisfaction in re-presenting or re-casting emotions about safety/security in the form of derring-do imagery (i.e., father-figures)?

Imagine a Mexican immigrates from Tijuana, Mexico into San Diego, California (USA) and begins working at a fishery. Would you fantasize about him becoming successful?

"Get your Fresh Fish!!"

:afro:

Defensor (Protectobots - Transformers Avatars)

1138cop.jpg

Fortune 500: Ankle Appraisal

Why do young people seem fascinated by the fictional medicine-robot warrior avatar Defensor from the A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) fantasy-adventure franchise "Transformers" (Hasbro)?

Do people find simple satisfaction in re-presenting or re-casting emotions about safety/security in the form of derring-do imagery (i.e., father-figures)?

Imagine a Mexican immigrates from Tijuana, Mexico into San Diego, California (USA) and begins working at a fishery. Would you fantasize about him becoming successful?

"Get your Fresh Fish!!"

:afro:

Defensor (Protectobots - Transformers Avatars)

View attachment 41339

Looks more like one of the enforcers from "THX-1138"

Forum List

Back