Consequences of Alcoholism/Addiction

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
I know this guy that is an alcoholic. He is a pathological liar and narcissistic. I started to notice these discrepancies in his stories which kind of tipped me off to what he was about. Everybody around him is the problem and he has no moral compass anymore. Technically, he has been bullshitting himself for so long that he wouldn't recognize the truth if it came up and punched him in the nose. Nobody has had as bad of a childhood as he has. TBH, he did have an extremely rough childhood. I was unaware that there was a competition though. He has very little accountability for his own actions and he is impulsive.

His drinking has impacted his prefrontal cortex and there is an increase of white matter. Same shit here:

How Alcohol Compounds Its Damage to the Brain

That is where all of this crap is happening in his brain. So six months ago he acted like an ass and I was like.......ok. I had nothing else to do with him. A month or so later he was furious with me because he was an ass. 'Cept, he is not on my case load and I'm not obligated to deal with him. We can be friends but not with each other. It's the moral compass for me. I dealt with my own substance abuse issues once upon a time. I had to change people, places and things. My life didn't get better until I did that. I am not even close to who I was. I worked my ass off to change that. I have low tolerance for BS.

Anyways here are some links that showcase what is going on with these people's brains if you have to deal with one.
Grandiose and Vulnerable Narcissism: Associations with Alcohol Use, Alcohol Problems and Problem Recognition

Alcohol, its huge issue. Fentanyl, probably a larger issue. I see a poor old sod in mid winter taking off his clothes silently in front of my house....dying and when the Denver CARES shows up? Um, they give him a blanket and go about their merry way when they "confirm' HE WAS "ok". He wasn't "OK". He was a addict dying quietly.

I had a dear friend who gave up everything she loved for her addiction. She died of an overdose.

I know this guy that is an alcoholic. He is a pathological liar and narcissistic. I started to notice these discrepancies in his stories which kind of tipped me off to what he was about. Everybody around him is the problem and he has no moral compass anymore. Technically, he has been bullshitting himself for so long that he wouldn't recognize the truth if it came up and punched him in the nose. Nobody has had as bad of a childhood as he has. TBH, he did have an extremely rough childhood. I was unaware that there was a competition though. He has very little accountability for his own actions and he is impulsive.

His drinking has impacted his prefrontal cortex and there is an increase of white matter. Same shit here:

How Alcohol Compounds Its Damage to the Brain

That is where all of this crap is happening in his brain. So six months ago he acted like an ass and I was like.......ok. I had nothing else to do with him. A month or so later he was furious with me because he was an ass. 'Cept, he is not on my case load and I'm not obligated to deal with him. We can be friends but not with each other. It's the moral compass for me. I dealt with my own substance abuse issues once upon a time. I had to change people, places and things. My life didn't get better until I did that. I am not even close to who I was. I worked my ass off to change that. I have low tolerance for BS.

Anyways here are some links that showcase what is going on with these people's brains if you have to deal with one.
Grandiose and Vulnerable Narcissism: Associations with Alcohol Use, Alcohol Problems and Problem Recognition
I can't think of anything better to avoid putting into ones body than alcohol, ESPECIALLY grain alcohol. Liquid poison to the physical body & a personality changer(generally to the negative). There is a REASON grain alcohol is often called SPIRITS! Play it safe & AVOID any & ALL alcohol ingestion!!!

This guy is like married to some fake tarot reader. She is a narcissist. They are both throwing magic spells acting like they have seen the Craft one too many times. It's starting to look like they are running some type of low level extortion scheme with several other "friends". I just don't understand how people do this crap and don't put any effort into ...............not being like that or recognize that they are on the wrong path.

Alcohol, its huge issue. Fentanyl, probably a larger issue. I see a poor old sod in mid winter taking off his clothes silently in front of my house....dying and when the Denver CARES shows up? Um, they give him a blanket and go about their merry way when they "confirm' HE WAS "ok". He wasn't "OK". He was a addict dying quietly.

Alcohol is always going to be there. Fentanyl is an issue. It's a major issue. I think it killed two kids within 2 hours of each other.

These aren't alcoholics here. These are fentanyl addicts. They shit on the sidewalk, they lay down on that same sidewalk in 30 degree weather and strip off their clothes. This shit, it destroys communities far worse.

These aren't alcoholics here. These are fentanyl addicts. They shit on the sidewalk, they lay down on that same sidewalk in 30 degree weather and strip off their clothes. This shit, it destroys communities far worse.
Ok. This thread is about an alcoholic and he could be on other shit. I don't know. He's not on my caseload. I can't even pretend that this guy will do right by himself or anyone else. He is just that far gone. Especially if he is involved in some type of low level black mail shit. I'm pretty sure that his wife is racist. I don't know if that helps you with allowing alcoholics their own space.

I had issues with addiction ... now I stay away from Drugs and Alcohol it's been 5 years since, seen people die from this including my brother In Law

Forum List

Back