Condi Rice Pours Cold Water On ‘Benghazi-GATE

You are missing the point liberal;

"RICE: But when things are unfolding very, very quickly, it’s not always easy to know what is really going on on the ground. And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?
So there’s a big picture to be examined here. But we don’t have all of the pieces, and I think it’s easy to try and jump to conclusions about what might have happened here. It’s probably better to let the relevant bodies do their work."

There was a plan in place for this set up from 9-11 by Bush and Obama ignored it and fucked his own country again.

Take a look at post # 11. I couldn't agree more. :eusa_angel:

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice believes the death of the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans was not due to any breaches in protocol, pointing instead to the fog created by chaotic situations like the attack on the Benghazi consulate.

"There are protocols in place, I have no reason to believe they weren't followed, but it is not very easy in circumstances like this to know precisely what's going on as it's unfolding."

"You can't keep your diplomats in a bunker, you want them out doing their work," she says. "You want to make certain you're making the right safety precautions for them, as well."

Current State Secretary Hillary Clinton has been deferring criticism of Obama's response to the Benghazi crisis by citing the department's review board, which will conduct a full investigation of the incident and how it could have been prevented.

Condi Rice Downplays Benghazi Criticism - US News and World Report

You are the type of individual Condi cautions against.

Good for Condi! Even though I don't like her, she puts it in perspective and rightfully so.

And what perspective is that?

We already know the White House saw what was going on in real time... we already know that Obama KNEW it was not due to a video, and we also know he went on for two weeks saying it was.... case closed, Obama lied.

Condi is just covering her butt, as she should.
I wouldnt say anything dispariging if I were her either. She has a career in politics to think about.

I think my opinion of her just improved quite a bit. She of all people, should understand this.

[URL="http://thinkprogress.Pours Cold Water On ‘Benghazi-Gate’[/B][/URL]=D>

Former Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice broke with the majority of her party last night on Fox News, as she tried to hit the brakes on the right wing’s politicization of the recent attack in Libya.

Host Greta Van Susteren asked Rice directly and repeatedly about a set of emails uncovered by Reuters. In what has been dubbed “Benghazi-Gate,” the conservative media has jumped on the emails as definitive proof that the Obama administration has been lying about what it knew and when in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 attack on a diplomatic mission in Benghazi. Rice’s response was likely not what Van Susteren expected:

RICE: But when things are unfolding very, very quickly, it’s not always easy to know what is really going on on the ground. And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?
So there’s a big picture to be examined here. But we don’t have all of the pieces, and I think it’s easy to try and jump to conclusions about what might have happened here. It’s probably better to let the relevant bodies do their work.

Statement on Libya - YouTube[/url]

You liberals are a joke.. You hated her during the Convention and ran racist threads here daily.. now you like her.. Make up your minds BATSHIT crazy loons.

Never thought I'd see the day where liberals support the the forethought and insight of the Bush foreign policy --- while showing their disdain for Obama's "ready, shoot, aim" style of rhetoric blasting falsities about a stupid movie.

Condi says get the facts - Obama says blame the first amendment. Now tell me again why you would vote for Obama Bin Lyin'?

Ac-130

ac-130-spectre-44.jpg

Last edited:
None of this bullshit explains why SUSAN Rice went on 5 major networks five days later and said it was because of the video.

You are missing the point liberal;"RICE: But when things are unfolding very, very quickly, it’s not always easy to know what is really going on on the ground. And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?
So there’s a big picture to be examined here. But we don’t have all of the pieces, and I think it’s easy to try and jump to conclusions about what might have happened here. It’s probably better to let the relevant bodies do their work."There was a plan in place for this set up from 9-11 by Bush and Obamignored it and fucked his own country again.

We are obviously awesome. :eusa_shhh:

You are missing the point liberal;"RICE: But when things are unfolding very, very quickly, it’s not always easy to know what is really going on on the ground. And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?
So there’s a big picture to be examined here. But we don’t have all of the pieces, and I think it’s easy to try and jump to conclusions about what might have happened here. It’s probably better to let the relevant bodies do their work."There was a plan in place for this set up from 9-11 by Bush and Obamignored it and fucked his own country again.

We are obviously awesome. :eusa_shhh:

:eusa_angel:

You missed where she said, "Shut the fuck up, beretta, and wait for the system to work as it should, you little fuck?"

"And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?"

Missed that didn't you? Guess who has the overall responsibility over those agencies and who do they ultimately report to?

You missed where she said, "Shut the fuck up, beretta, and wait for the system to work as it should, you little fuck?"

"And to my mind, the really important questions here are about how information was collected. Did the various agencies really coordinate and share intelligence in the way that we had hoped, with the reforms that were made after 9/11?"

Missed that didn't you? Guess who has the overall responsibility over those agencies and who do they ultimately report to?

So the reforms supposedly made after 911 under Bush's watch did not happen or work properly?

Surprise, surprise...

Condi will always be Miss Pragmatic. That makes her good as a professor and secretary of state. But as an analyst; not so much.

BTW, she really wasn't pouring cold water on the critics. She wasn't defying anything and the OP knows thats.

"But we don’t have all of the pieces, and I think it’s easy to try and jump to conclusions about what might have happened here. It’s probably better to let the relevant bodies do their work."

- Condoleeza Rice

"It was a movie."

- President Obama

Right on the mark.

That IS the point.

Condi isn't wrong. Give the Administrtion and the CIA and State the benefit of a doubt: fog of war is a motherfucker.

Ok. True enough.

So, what DON'T you do under such circumstances? You DON'T -- if you are adhering to Condi's formidable suggestion -- announce the "conclusion" that it was the fucking movie.

So, what DON'T you do under such circumstances? You DON'T -- if you are adhering to Condi's formidable suggestion -- announce the "conclusion" that it was the fucking movie.

Obama knows this.

So there has to be ulterior motives at play to override that common sense.

What is the motive ?

Obama kept the "relevant bodies" [FBI] away for three weeks.

Last edited:

Obama knows this.

What is the motive ?

I recall a famous couple of questions, "What did the President know; and when did he know it?"

For this clusterfuck incumbent, there is really just one question:

Why did the President CHOOSE to lie?

This story went off the rails when the rightwing propaganda machine decided that the standard they would hold the administration to was that of perfection,

and thus any aspect of the events wherein the administration did not perform to perfection would become fair game for vilification.

Obama knows this.

What is the motive ?

I recall a famous couple of questions, "What did the President know; and when did he know it?"

For this clusterfuck incumbent, there is really just one question:

Why did the President CHOOSE to lie?

You still can't recite his lie.

Forum List

Back