Computer screen freezes on restarting

It’s impossible to get the damn thing to restart as it 100 percent freezes up
Check all wires on the motherboard, even new computers when delivered have loose or fully detached wires from the movement during shipping, no matter how well packed.
In the bios make sure the memory card isn't over clocked or clocked wrong.

HP ran out and fixed the MBs and it did zero

The boot disk I created was Fubar
I can’t believe it and I won’t have time for a few days to try again

Funny thing was the new MB fixed a broken display port but caused another lesser port to not work

I never once was able to completely create a back up or boot disc and always wasted 5-12 discs trying. Only copied 1 online for emergency, but you still have to transplant all your files from your old to new and sometimes lose your registration that was in your registry.
I also almost always have problems with restore points working, you wait forever to be told it couldn't restore to the old point.
Rescue disks also never allow you to do the tasks you want to do to save your old files and settings. And lastly, never ever has Microsoft find/repair a problem search ever found or fixed a conflict or issue.
I laugh everytime a techy suggests fresh installs, like it's easy to start from scratch all over again with all those intrusive and unecessary programs and features you had to remember to shut off or remove to make your computer faster and more slimline and safe.

It would help if you actually told us something?
Like it is a laptop or desktop?
Are you getting any BIOS screen?
If not, then video is most suspect.
How could you reflash BIOS if it is not booting to DOS?
Or are you really just saying Windows is not coming up?

There is no way to give any suggestions without at least some information.

Forum List

Back