Computer repairman who claimed to have Hunter's laptop Closes Shop

Certification means nothing if the election is over turned.
Wrong

DEMOCRACY means nothing if the election is overturned
We are not a Democracy, Dummy.

That's what people say when they don't care about election results. Thinking that republics and democracies are mutually exclusive is just you whining about the will of the people.
Never said they were mutually exclusive, Stupid.

I pointed out, correctly, that we are not a Democracy. Deal with it.

Wrong

That's what people say when they don't care about election results. Thinking that republics and democracies are mutually exclusive is just you whining about the will of the people.

We are, but I don't expect you to really know one way or another.

Name a country that is a democracy.

Wrong

We are a Representative Republic, Dummy.

Wrong

We are a DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC...asshole

Wrong

So, you can't name a single country that is a democracy? Not one?

What is a representative democracy?
In contrast to a direct democracy, the people in a representative democracy elect representatives who act then on behalf of them, known as their constituents. Many of the world’s parliaments and the US’s Congress are an example of representative democracies.

Wrong

Do you get the feeling they like to pretend we aren't a democracy so that it makes it easier for them when they try to overturn an election by claiming fraud?

Wrong

Do you get the feeling they like to pretend we aren't a democracy so that it makes it easier for them when they try to overturn an election by claiming fraud?

''Compound Republic''

See Federalist #51, by Madison.

As Madison wrote Jefferson on February 8, 1825:

"The 'Federalist' may fairly enough be regarded as the most authentic exposition of the text of the federal Constitution, as understood by the Body which prepared & the Authority which accepted it."

He here referred to the Federal (framing) Convention "which prepared" and the State Ratifying Conventions "which accepted" the Constitution.

Additionally...

Extract from the Report to the President and Directors of the Literary Fund Thomas Jefferson | March 4, 1825...

''The book known by the title of “The Federalist,” being an authority to which appeal is habitually made by all, and rarely declined or denied by any as evidence of the general opinion of those who framed, and of those who accepted the Constitution of the United States, on questions as to its genuine meaning.''

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Wrong

''Compound Republic''

See Federalist #51, by Madison.

As Madison wrote Jefferson on February 8, 1825:

"The 'Federalist' may fairly enough be regarded as the most authentic exposition of the text of the federal Constitution, as understood by the Body which prepared & the Authority which accepted it."

He here referred to the Federal (framing) Convention "which prepared" and the State Ratifying Conventions "which accepted" the Constitution.

You're welcome.

I'd love for you to go into more detail. As of now the United States is the very definition of a Democratic Republic. Many of our forefathers were referring to 'democracy' however meaning 'direct democracy' which only exists at the state level and down.

What is generally lacking in frivolous arguments such as those previously observed here is a lack of fundamental understanding between type of government versus form of government.

Further reading...

An Important Distinction: Democracy versus Republic

It is important to keep in mind the difference between a Democracy and a Republic, as dissimilar forms of government. Understanding the difference is essential to comprehension of the fundamentals involved.

It should be noted, in passing, that use of the word Democracy as meaning merely the popular type of government--that is, featuring genuinely free elections by the people periodically--is not helpful in discussing, as here, the difference between alternative and dissimilar forms of a popular government: a Democracy versus a Republic. This double meaning of Democracy--a popular-type government in general, as well as a specific form of popular government--needs to be made clear in any discussion, or writing, regarding this subject, for the sake of sound understanding.

These two forms of government: Democracy and Republic, are not only dissimilar but antithetical, reflecting the sharp contrast between (a) The Majority Unlimited, in a Democracy, lacking any legal safeguard of the rights of The Individual and The Minority, and (b) The Majority Limited, in a Republic under a written Constitution safeguarding the rights of The Individual and The Minority; as we shall now see.

A Democracy

The chief characteristic and distinguishing feature of a Democracy is: Rule by Omnipotent Majority.

In a Democracy, The Individual, and any group of Individuals composing any Minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of The Majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man.

This is true whether it be a Direct Democracy, or a Representative Democracy.

A Republic

A Republic, on the other hand, has a very different purpose and an entirely different form, or system, of government. Its purpose is to control The Majority strictly, as well as all others among the people, primarily to protect The Individual’s God-given, unalienable rights and therefore for the protection of the rights of The Minority, of all minorities, and the liberties of people in general. The definition of a Republic is: a constitutionally limited government of the representative type, created by a written Constitution--adopted by the people and changeable (from its original meaning) by them only by its amendment--with its powers divided between three separate Branches: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. Here the term "the people" means, of course, the electorate.

The people adopt the Constitution as their fundamental law by utilizing a Constitutional Convention--especially chosen by them for this express and sole purpose--to frame it for consideration and approval by them either directly or by their representatives in a Ratifying Convention, similarly chosen. Such a Constitutional Convention, for either framing or ratification, is one of America’s greatest contributions, if not her greatest contribution, to the mechanics of government--of self-government through constitutionally limited government, comparable in importance to America’s greatest contribution to the science of government: the formation and adoption by the sovereign people of a written Constitution as the basis for self-government.

The American ideal of 1776: the twelve basic American principles

Last edited:
Wrong

the green countries
Democracy-map-2019-website.jpg

Its hilarious to see Trump supporters talk about democracy, considering all the votes they try to suppress.
And that USA was downgraded to flawed democracy after Trump started.

As of now the United States is the very definition of a Democratic Republic.

Well, that's why they threw in the part about 'muskets' with regard to Federal usurpers.

That way there's a crystal clear understanding of what 'strictly limited' means. Sometimes you gotta pop a punkin ball in a mofo. As you may recall, the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time...

Actually, this is where a lot of confusion comes from with regard to what 'well regulated' actually means. It's not until a fundamental understanding of what 'Compound Republic', as stated by Madison in Federalist #51, actually means that a clear understanding of what 'well regulated' fundamentally means.

Odd as it might sound, the leftys are actually right about this whenever the discussion comes up, but they're right for the wrong reason. So often, always in fact, that discussion is driven by malintent and a desire for a stronger, more powerful central government, or 'Federal Republic' above that of the 'State Republics' rather than the fundamentals involved.

The root problem is a failed education system. Used to be that ''Elementary Catechism on the Constitution of the United States : For the Use of Schools'' was the standard textbook for learning the Constitution in American classrooms. That was early 1800s. Nowadays, such curriculum is considered blasphemy. ''The long march through the institutions'' and whatnot being the benchmark for indoctrination rather than education.

Last edited:
Websters:

Representative democracy
Legal Dictionary

REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY. A form of government where the powers of the sovereignty are delegated to a body of men, elected from time to time, who exercise them for the benefit of the whole nation. 1 Bouv. Inst. n. 31.

Fits us to a tee. Our forefathers when speaking of a democracy were referring to a Direct or pure democracy and for every good reason they ran away from that concept as it's simply unworkable. We they did build was a representative democracy, as flawed as it was and we as a country have continued to improve on it by removing barriers for equal representation. Mostly by allowing people to vote regardless of race or sex...or land ownership. We are perfecting the democratic aspects of our form of governance.

Here is a great article to read and it talks about how and why our forefathers defined democracy and when you're quoting them, you're doing so illiterately because they are referencing direct democracy.

Now, for once can one of you name a country that is a democracy?

As of now the United States is the very definition of a Democratic Republic.

Well, that's why they threw in the part about 'muskets' with regard to Federal usurpers.

That way there's a crystal clear understanding of what 'strictly limited' means. Sometimes you gotta pop a punkin ball in a mofo. As you may recall, the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time...

Actually, this is where a lot of confusion comes from with regard to what 'well regulated' actually means. It's not until a fundamental understanding of what 'Compound Republic', as stated by Madison in Federalist #51, actually means that a clear understanding of what 'well regulated' fundamentally means.

Odd as it might sound, the leftys are actually right about this whenever the discussion comes up, but they're right for the wrong reason. So often, always in fact, that discussion is driven by malintent and a desire for a stronger, more powerful central government, or 'Federal Republic' above that of the 'State Republics' rather than the fundamentals involved.

Pretty sure they weren't referring to conspiracy theories about voter fraud to overturn an election. Unless you're saying Trump's body bag is the water pale.

Anyway. I've spent to much time here today. I'm trying to avoid this place. Sometimes you get a little bit of free time, though, and some habits are just so tough to break. It's a process of continuing growth. Nawmean? Have a wonderful evening, all.

Bye.

Couldn't name a single democracy, huh?

The problem is that your terms of controversy are as deep as a mud puddle. Respectfully speaking.

Why would such a distinguished and educated feller such as myself conform to dumbed down irrelevance and nonsensical strawmen?

Dialogue with regard to the relevant fundamentals briefly mentioned here is typically reserved for intellects. Not a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football.

Anyway. I've spent to much time here today.
Bye.

Couldn't name a single democracy, huh?

The problem is that your terms of controversy are as deep as a mud puddle. Respectfully speaking.

Why would such a distinguished and educated feller such as myself conform to dumbed down irrelevance and nonsensical strawmen?

Dialogue with regard to the fundamentals briefly mentioned here is typically reserved for intellects. Not a bunch of monkeys trying to hump a football.

Oh, for fuck sake. It's not obvious? I want you to name a country that is a democracy so that we can look at it and see why you don't consider the U.S. to be a Democratic Republic. It's not rocket science, so please come down from your pedestal and fail to answer such a lowly question.

Heh heh. I'm such a dick...

Don't be so hardon about yourself, you can't even answer a basic question.

The only thing you should be concerning yourself with is Federalist #51. Then equate its relevance to the Constitution.

Your question is moot in every sense of relevance to the proper role of American government. It's akin to blowing your motor and getting out of the car to inspect your tires. It's pointless. It's not even a good strawman, what the heck.

Alright, then, now I'm serious, dammit, I don't wanna waste time screwing around on here. Probably shouldn't even have logged in. It's a waste of my time. Have fun trying to hump that football, they're hard to catch once they start bouncing around.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back