Communists in the media bans (Twitter)James Woods, but still allows hamas terror organizations

You have to understand you are not a customer of Twitter or Facebook. You and your information are the product. You are the target for the advertisers who are one of their customers. They give people the platform and people give them their information for free.
That is what it is turned into and really is not ethical. They originally made these free sites to funnel people so that they could sell advertising like bill boards.

However, it turned into something far worse and yes data mining has been going on for many decades.

A few years ago our country club had thrown away members information without shredding them. Somehow all of that information got into the hands of some head hunter who sold information to many different industries.

They did not have our bank account or credit card info, but they had phone numbers and addresses. We all started getting barraged by many industries. I got wise to it cause I myself purchase LEADS for my job. Hot leads are a lot more. There are companies that I need to purchase them from.

Well, I bought the list and I found MY NAME along with everyone at our club. I got in contact and got a meeting with the executives at the club. Fact is it was public information and they themselves pay for and receive information.

The point is that what Google, Facebook, or Twitter are doing is unethical, Not so much the generic information, but the personal information. This is going well past mere advertising. This is and has become far more sinister than that. It is about targeting and destroying individuals for political gain. It is about controlling propaganda and unethically influencing elections for nefarious reasons.

"Always ACCUSE others of that which you are guilty." Whoever said that applies to the democrat party. It is that clear and beyond obvious what it happening.

Last edited:
You have to understand you are not a customer of Twitter or Facebook. You and your information are the product. You are the target for the advertisers who are one of their customers. They give people the platform and people give them their information for free.
That is what it is turned into and really is not ethical. They originally made these free sites to funnel people so that they could sell advertising like bill boards.

However, it turned into something far worse and yes data mining has been going on for many decades.

A few years ago our country club had thrown away members information without shredding them. Somehow all of that information got into the hands of some head hunter who sold information to many different industries.

They did not have our bank account or credit card info, but they had phone numbers and addresses. We all started getting barraged by many industries. I got wise to it cause I myself purchase LEADS for my job. Hot leads are a lot more. There are companies that I need to purchase them from.

Well, I bought the list and I found MY NAME along with everyone at our club. I got in contact and got a meeting with the executives at the club. Fact is it was public information and they themselves pay for and receive information.

The point is that what Google, Facebook, or Twitter is doing is unethical, Not so much the generic information, but the personal information. This is going well past mere advertising. This is and has become far more sinister than that. It is about targeting and destroying individuals for political gain. It is about controlling propaganda and unethically influencing elections for nefarious reasons.

"Always others of that which you are guilty." Whoever said that applies to the democrat party. It is that clear and beyond obvious what it happening.

A greedy Mark is the Con mans best friend. If something seem too good to be true, it's not.

Interesting story about your country club too.

At first glance the words of advice “If you try to kill the King, you better not miss. #HangThemAll.” don't seem all that controversial.

But who owns tweeter and why should they care if Woods refuses to participate on their platform?
Too many seemingly biased actions by twitter and facebook will raise the question, are they so large and powerful that they should be broken up in some way to support competition. Perhaps a court decision to force them to license their technology or even share their their infrastructure with other social media companies. Remember what Reagan did to AT&T when it became too powerful.

The phone system was more of a public utility then than twitter or facebook are now.
That's irrelevant. The issue with AT&T was that it was so large and powerful it was able to squelch competition. Courts have held that major wireless operators such at T-Mobile and Sprint must sell licenses to smaller wireless operators like Boost and Straight Talk to use their infrastructure. The same sort of thing could be done with facebook and Twitter. Remember there was strong opposition even within the Republican Party and even within the Reagan administration to breaking up AT&T but Reagan pushed it anyway.

Forum List

Back