Colorado governor: Legalizing pot was bad idea

Just because I like my cola, coffee, beer, wine, occasions glass of whiskey, some tasty hash, maybe a line or two, a big fat cigar, Vitamin A, doesn't mean I live in a fog. LOL.

You do coke too ? Geeze dude.
There was 'coke' in Coke too, every time you drink it - you are supporting a company that in the past advertised cocaine as a boon.
That was a long time ago.
So? It was still 'drug possession and use', but guess draconian drug laws only apply to people who aren't corporations.

Today however someone who toots coke, does so to get high, just like pot, just like alcohol, because they are weak and incapable of dealing with reality for very long.
Society would be far better off if people would do the responsible thing and turn their back on illicit drugs.

The magic words are "illicit drugs". Making desired substances illegal or contraband is the entire problem. If cocaine was as cheap as it really costs to produce it the same people would be wasting their time getting high but they wouldn't be robbing or selling fake crack to get their own.

If prostitutes could get their cocaine from a drug store by a Dr's prescription they would be removed from many of the criminals that are involved in the sex trade.

Much if not most crime that occurs in this country is caused by the illegality of what people use to escape reality for fun or need. People drink alcohol for the very same reasons that people consume all drugs. Some to have fun in social settings. Some because they are addicted. The health concerns wouldn't change if legal and people would still OD and drive badly but there would be FAR fewer felons and disenfranchised citizens if all drugs were treated like alcohol. There would be about a 90% drop in murders if all drugs were legal but regulated. There would be around a 95% drop in robbery and burglary if all drugs were legal. Just the drop in insurance rates would be a huge boon to our economy. Medical costs would probably be about the same.

No law passed including making drug possession a capital crime will stop the desire for some to use drugs. That is a fact that people who are against using drugs HAVE to come to grips with. It simply is none of their business. They can only really claim it is their business when they make it illegal and they have to pay in many ways to investigate, arrest, convict and confine those that will be using drugs illegal or not.

Abandoning the illegality of drug use will save society an enormous amount of money that can be used much more productively. Lawyers and judges will have to get real jobs. We will need about a tenth of the police we employ. We can concentrate on REAL crime with far less man hours. We would need to incarcerate about 95% fewer people.

Making all drugs legal would actually be a benefit from taxing sales. We could easily add tax to pay for the REAL costs associated with the problems drug use causes.

Since gambling, also an addiction, is legal in most states making drugs legal would almost entirely wipe out organized crime from this country. There would be NO Colombian nor Mexican Cartels operating within our borders.

We could stop wasting vast resources and intervening in countries South of our borders and the natives of these lands could earn LEGAL incomes from the production of these substances. Smugglers could be transformed into legal importers. Growers into legal farmers.

We don't need to ruin people's lives just because we personally choose not to consume certain drugs that are not of our own preference.

Alcohol is EVERY BIT as much of a mind altering drug as ANY DRUG that people go to prison for selling and using. It kills MORE people than ANY other mind altering addicting drug. THAT is a fact.

Alcohol is EVERY BIT as much of a mind altering drug as ANY DRUG that people go to prison for selling and using. It kills MORE people than ANY other mind altering addicting drug. THAT is a fact.
No, it's a fact that you're full of shit. Most people know at least some druggies and probably many functioning alcoholics. Sure you can drink until you die but you can die from drugs too. I've known people who fried their brains from drugs at a young age and never made it all the way back.

China had an experiment with letting people do what they wanted, thanks to British opium. They went from the number one economy in the world to a deficit. They outlawed it and the Brits had a temper tantrum and went to war and got it legalized again, at the Chinese expense.

Society can and should outlaw substances too harmful for public consumption, we don't need to learn the same lessons over and over like a hopeless junkie.

It's not up to the Governor to decide what's right for Colorado.

It's for The People to decide. It's his job to Enforce Laws not b*tch about them.

Governor must be getting pressure from Legal and Prison Industrial Complex people who are losing money because they can't harass dope smokers.

View attachment 36882

Laboratories of democracy, bitches!
You do realize the hemp he grew wasn't smokable? Yes, we are running an experiment, I'd rather see it played out on a state level than have the whole country go for broke.
I hope to fly up there soon to check it out.

Wasn't impressed with Californicated Colorado pot snobs.

Price was ridiculous too.

Heard WA is more laid back.

View attachment 36882

Laboratories of democracy, bitches!
You do realize the hemp he grew wasn't smokable? Yes, we are running an experiment, I'd rather see it played out on a state level than have the whole country go for broke.
I hope to fly up there soon to check it out.

Wasn't impressed with Californicated Colorado pot snobs.

Price was ridiculous too.

Heard WA is more laid back.
Seattle is snobby, but the rest of the state is pretty good. Generally the west side is liberal, the east side conservative. I moved up from California, lotsa airheads down there.

It's not up to the Governor to decide what's right for Colorado.

It's for The People to decide. It's his job to Enforce Laws not b*tch about them.

Governor must be getting pressure from Legal and Prison Industrial Complex people who are losing money because they can't harass dope smokers.
I thought the tax money was good?

I think legalizing ingestible forms may have been a mistake. It's so much more potent and long lasting in that form.
You have personal experience with edibles?

I found they didn't work for me.

it did for me
I found them tasty though.

Guy at the pot store said they were ten dose brownies.

I ate half of one, didn't get off, smoked a joint, got the munchies, and ate the other bar and one half.

Didn't find the gummy bears worked either(I think it would be reasonable to say pot should not look like candy or baked goods).

If there is a risk of a lot of kids mistaking edibles for snacks, that really should fall on the parents who don't secure their stash.

Maybe all edibles should be dyed safety orange, or, maybe a vomit green.

But I digress.....fat doobie in hand.

Since legalization of marijuana for medical or general use would increase marijuana use rather than reduce it and would lead to increased rates of addiction to marijuana among youth and adults, legalizing marijuana is not a smart public health or public safety strategy for any state or for our nation.

No, it's a fact that you're full of shit. Most people know at least some druggies and probably many functioning alcoholics. Sure you can drink until you die but you can die from drugs too. I've known people who fried their brains from drugs at a young age and never made it all the way back.

China had an experiment with letting people do what they wanted, thanks to British opium. They went from the number one economy in the world to a deficit. They outlawed it and the Brits had a temper tantrum and went to war and got it legalized again, at the Chinese expense.

Society can and should outlaw substances too harmful for public consumption, we don't need to learn the same lessons over and over like a hopeless junkie.

Why MUST you respond to my posts with such willful ignorance?

I never said that alcohol was EQUIVALENT to other drugs. BUT as drugs go it certainly does act much in the same as most recreational and addicting drugs. It alters perception, addictive etc. It kills in a variety of ways from OD to causing auto crashes or the killing of innocents by drunk auto operators.

A standard Manhattan Iced Tea is stronger and more inhibiting than 15 mg of Morphine Sulfate ER.

I take the Morphine for chronic pain and have for a couple of weeks having been weened off of methadone for over a year for the same chronic pain that will not be going away in my lifetime.

I don't partake in ANY recreational drug usage at this time..though in my youth tried most everything at least once.

Recently a friend bought me an Iced Tea and it was far more intoxicating than one of my pain med pills.

I think you just blow this shit straight out of your ass mostly aimed at posters you don't like regardless of the topic.

It makes you appear foolish or stupid...or both.

What was a bad idea ...in fact it was the Mother of All Bad ideas was criminalizing Marijuana in the first place....
drugs-are-bad-mmkay.jpg

The FBI Profile on serial Killers show that the typical serial grew up in a home with abusive ALCOHOLIC parents

I don't believe there was ever a single serial killer who had stoner parents

Forum List

Back