Colorado folds, Trump on ballot

We told you.

SCOTUS isn't going to uphold that insane decision and most knew it

Colorado to include Trump on 2024 primary ballot as state GOP appeals to Supreme Court

I would love to say this matters and is a win, but it is not.

If we don't get a total victory over the fascists among us--and there are many--it's already over. They either need to remember they actually live in America, or we need to sever.

Yet that was the how and why it was written, after a declared insurrection..........not sure I heard anybody declaring an insurrection except legacy Trump hating media.
Yep. There has been no definitive declaration of Insurrection. Idiot Dems should have nailed that by COB on Jan 21, 2021.

The Congress shall have the power to enforce
Yes. Congress shall have the power to ensure that Insurrectionists are barred from office, and the power to nullify that ban.

Nowhere does it say that Congress is responsible for DECLARING the EXISTENCE of an Insurrection...

Nowhere does it say that Congress is the SOLE authority capable of thus proclaiming...

You dumb ass.
Quite possibly, but I'm comforted by the fact that my interpretive abilities are an order of magnitude superior to your own.
You do realize the 14th amendment is a restriction on the states
With respect to declaring an Insurrection, we are in complete agreement; the declaration needs to be made on the Federal level.

Which is how this particular exchange-sequence got underway in the first place... WHO is allowed to DECLARE an Insurrection.

And it is my contention that your colleagues were wrong... the Constitution is silent on that point, either explicitly OR implicitly.

It is MY contention that ANY of the three branches of government... legislative, executive or judicial... may thus proclaim.

Meaning that this could be done by Congressional resolution, judicial finding at-law, OR by Executive Order...

Idiot Democrats should have been pursuing such a declaration on January 21, 2021... Inauguration Day Plus One.

They've had the better part of three years to set that up, so that the States had a legal leg to stand on, in this matter.

But they didn't... typical... lack of foresight and vision... and, let's face it.. they phukk-up nearly everything they touch.

Yes. Congress shall have the power to ensure that Insurrectionists are barred from office, and the power to nullify that ban.

Nowhere does it say that Congress is responsible for DECLARING the EXISTENCE of an Insurrection...

Nowhere does it say that Congress is the SOLE authority capable of thus proclaiming...

Quite possibly, but I'm comforted by the fact that my interpretive abilities are an order of magnitude superior to your own.

With respect to declaring an Insurrection, we are in complete agreement; the declaration needs to be made on the Federal level.

Which is how this particular exchange-sequence got underway in the first place... WHO is allowed to DECLARE an Insurrection.

And it is my contention that your colleagues were wrong... the Constitution is silent on that point, either explicitly OR implicitly.

It is MY contention that ANY of the three branches of government... legislative, executive or judicial... may thus proclaim.

Meaning that this could be done by Congressional resolution, judicial finding at-law, OR by Executive Order...

Idiot Democrats should have been pursuing such a declaration on January 21, 2021... Inauguration Day Plus One.

They've had the better part of three years to set that up, so that the States had a legal leg to stand on, in this matter.

But they didn't... typical... lack of foresight and vision... and, let's face it.. they phukk-up nearly everything they touch.
The 14th amendment was a restriction on the states they are subjugated to the 14th amendment. The Congress has the authority not the states.

The 14th amendment was a restriction on the states they are subjugated to the 14th amendment. The Congress has the authority not the states.
There is no argument between us that the Federal government must be the entity to declare an Insurrection.

This little sidebar began as a dispute about which BRANCH of the Federal government may make such a proclamation.

I hold that ANY branch... Legislative, Judicial or Executive may make such an authoritative determination and proclamation.

Which means that either the Federal courts (SCOTUS et al) or an Executive Order could probably make such a ruling.

Once an Insurrection has been proclaimed, the States would have more (legal) freedom to act along the lines of CO and ME.

Beyond that, there are two schools of thought, regarding an ability to actually bar a candidate from the ballot...

(1) the target for the banning would need to be indicted and convicted on charges of Insurrection, first

(2) thousands of Confederates were banned without ever being formally charged or convicted, ergo, precedent exists

But that's all a moot point, because the idiot Democrats did not arrange a formal declaration of Insurrection, back in 2021.

Trump will remain on the ballot in CO and ME because the States lack standing to determine a Federal State of Insurrection.

There is no argument between us that the Federal government must be the entity to declare an Insurrection.

This little sidebar began as a dispute about which BRANCH of the Federal government may make such a proclamation.

I hold that ANY branch... Legislative, Judicial or Executive may make such an authoritative determination and proclamation.

Which means that either the Federal courts (SCOTUS et al) or an Executive Order could probably make such a ruling.

Once an Insurrection has been proclaimed, the States would have more (legal) freedom to act along the lines of CO and ME.

Beyond that, there are two schools of thought, regarding an ability to actually bar a candidate from the ballot...

(1) the target for the banning would need to be indicted and convicted on charges of Insurrection, first

(2) thousands of Confederates were banned without ever being formally charged or convicted, ergo, precedent exists

But that's all a moot point, because the idiot Democrats did not arrange a formal declaration of Insurrection, back in 2021.

Trump will remain on the ballot in CO and ME because the States lack standing to determine a Federal State of Insurrection.
Well I see you see the light.

Forum List

Back