Colorado Democrats may have just handed the Governorship to a Republican.

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised after Donald Trump won the Presidency. We swung hard right, and now it's swinging hard left. Jared Polis (openly gay) candidate just won the Democrat primary to run against Walker Stapleton for governor of Colorado.

Now it's not that he is openly gay, but he is a very distinct Bernie Sanders liberal. Free college education, don't worry, you won't have to repay your student loan debt. Moderate Democrats, including the current governor, John Hickenlooper are in a state of shock over this win. Both Jared Polis & Walker Stapleton are trust fund babies and were able to throw millions of dollars into their campaigns, flooding the media with lots of ear candy. Polis a 5 term congressmen from Boulder, the most liberal area of the state.
Jared Polis defeats Cary Kennedy in Democratic primary for Colorado governor

We'll see come November, but myself being a 3rd generation native of this state believe that Walker Stapleton might as well be declared governor at this time.

Just to add, since I am going to be attacked by liberals over this> Hillary Clinton walloped Bernie Sanders worse than she beat Trump in the popular vote. Clinton beat Sanders by 3,775,437 Democrat primary popular votes. Now when you can't get moderate Democrats to vote for far left liberals the odds of winning in the general election are zero to none.
RealClearPolitics - 2016 Democratic Popular Vote

Has this candidate ever marched in a gay pride parade in front of kids (indicating his approval of the antics going on)? If so, he won't be the governor.

Are you pretending to be a conservative again?

If you voted for Trump, you're definitely not a conservative--:badgrin:

RAMclr-031316-rino-IBD-COLOR-FINAL.jpg

Forum List

Back