Collins wants republicans to vote for her but she wants the next SC pick to be democrat!?

The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,"

Mitch McConnell Feb 13 2016, hours after Scalia died
And they are Trump has a 53% approval rating . Republicans have four months to nominate

The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,"

Because you believe that Biden would never have confirmed a DEMOCRAT nominee. Funny how you keep hiding from that question

I’m truly dumbfounded that a woman who wants to win republican votes won’t vote to take control of the the most important seat to protect the Constitution.
she’s going to get smoked in Maine, I wouldn’t vote for that that fraud.

Wait, so are you insinuating that you think Trump is going to lose?

As it is....the Democrats have no right to interfere with the normal operation of the government just because they find it to be political in nature.

They have a right to interfere based on the standard Republicans set on replacing judges in an election year.

Because you believe that Biden meant he would NOT have confirmed a Democrat nominee for SCOTUS in 1992. You actually believe that.

Sure you do, sure. Obviously you don't, which is why you keep hiding from the question. And if you said you believe that you'd look even dumber than hiding from the question.

Being a coward and a liar is something I never have to hide from like you do since you are a coward and a liar and I'm not
Fair enough

Biden said we shouldn’t fill a SCOTUS vacancy in an election year
McConnell refused to fill a SCOTUS vacancy for over a year in an election year.

Why are we filling one weeks before an election?

And they are Trump has a 53% approval rating . Republicans have four months to nominate

Speaking of things that you keep repeating until enough people believe you. Rasmussen.

I’m truly dumbfounded that a woman who wants to win republican votes won’t vote to take control of the the most important seat to protect the Constitution.

No, she said nothing of the sort. She said she favors waiting until after the election to appoint a SC justice.
Fine. Trump can nominate on Nov. 4th, the Senate can confirm on Dec. 15th.

If Trump wins the election, I would have no issue with that. I may not like it and Democrats will still put up a fight, but it will be within his right to do so.
Has nothing to do with who wins the election. The President IS President for the full term. The people voted for the FULL TERM of Donald Trump.

Doesn't matter. Mitch set the standard. If Trump loses, he don't get to pick. Lame ducks don't count. :)
Obama was on his way out, he lost a lot of seats.. trump
Has a 53% approval rating

No he doesn't. Rasmussen gives him that approval rating. Here is his actual approval rating. Sorry, you don't get to walk back the standard after Mitch set it.
Of course not, McConnell can do that, and I'd expect him to. Naturally, there'd be screeches and squalling if he did, but that would happen anyway.

Because you believe that Biden would never have confirmed a DEMOCRAT nominee. Funny how you keep hiding from that question
Do you support what Mitch said or not?

As it is....the Democrats have no right to interfere with the normal operation of the government just because they find it to be political in nature.

They have a right to interfere based on the standard Republicans set on replacing judges in an election year.

Because you believe that Biden meant he would NOT have confirmed a Democrat nominee for SCOTUS in 1992. You actually believe that.

Sure you do, sure. Obviously you don't, which is why you keep hiding from the question. And if you said you believe that you'd look even dumber than hiding from the question.

Being a coward and a liar is something I never have to hide from like you do since you are a coward and a liar and I'm not
Fair enough

Because they can.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Collins just being Collins

Susan Collins is a ding bat. All of the historical precedent points to Trump filling the seat before the election.

Fair enough

Article II, Section I.

The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years .

Article I, Section III

he Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof, for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote.

When are their terms up again?

Do you support what Mitch said or not?

Mitch said what Biden did. They would not confirm a nominee from the other party during an election year.

Neither of them addressed when the President and Senate are in the same party, so what are you asking me if I agree with exactly? No one ever said anything about this scenario

Fair enough

Because they can.

RW is just a liar. If this were the Democrats he wouldn't bat an eye. He wouldn't even question if they should be filling the seat.

That's fine, but his double standard isn't

She's a rhino bitch and a lifelong swamp dweller. It's time to toss her out on her ass.

Collins wants the voters to decide who they want to fill the seat.

If Trump wins, she has no objection to him filling the seat
They already did. In 2016 and again in 2018 by a large number.

The American people also decided they didn't want Barack Obama to pick the next justice after Scalia died. That's why Republicans control the Senate at the time. The Senate decided that Merrick garland was a piece of shit and didn't belong on the bench. They did that via the Senate. Now the American people have picked both the president and the senate. They want both.

We are going to put a 28-year-old fucking asshole on the Supreme Court to fuck you motherfucking piece of cock sucking shit in the ass for decades to come.

Your communist revolution is failing.

The American people also decided they didn't want Barack Obama to pick the next justice after Scalia died. That's why Republicans control the Senate at the time. The Senate decided that Merrick garland was a piece of shit and didn't belong on the bench. They did that via the Senate. Now the American people have picked both the president and the senate. They want both.

We are going to put a 28-year-old fucking asshole on the Supreme Court to fuck you motherfucking piece of cock sucking shit in the ass for decades to come.

Well, I don't think anyone is going to put forth a 28 year old nominee. Especially since at that age, they'd likely still be in law school. In 2018, there were more Democrat Senate seats up for re-election than Republican. That is reversed this year and in 2022 as well. Let's face it, Merrick Garland (just like Neil Gorsuch) deserved to be on the SC. Brett Kavanaugh (just like Clarence Thomas) did not. The revolution will have to wait for another day...mainly because it doesn't exist. :)

Last edited:

Speaking of things that you keep repeating until enough people believe you. Rasmussen.
They are all
Off, he’s up by 40

Well, I don't think anyone is going to put forth a 28 year old nominee. Especially since at that age, they'd likely still be in law school. In 2018, there were more Democrat Senate seats up for re-election than Republican. That is reversed this year and in 2022 as well. Let's face it, Merrick Garland (just like Neil Gorsuch) deserved to be on the SC. Brett Kavanaugh (just like Clarence Thomas) did not. The revolution will have to wait for another day...mainly because it doesn't exist. :)
That is not correct. Garland deserved a vote, that's all. Kavanaugh and Thomas both deserved to be on the bench because they were both nominated and confirmed. The fact that you don't like them is totally irrelevant to the matter.

Forum List

Back