Collins wants republicans to vote for her but she wants the next SC pick to be democrat!?

Yes, and voters already did that almost 4 years ago when we chose Trump.

An overwhelming majority of voters did the same thing when they elected Obama

Republicans defied the will of the voters to have a President fill a SCOTUS vacancy
Well too bad bud. This is the consequences of losing elections.
Obama lost so many seats because of his policies that he didn't get his way anymore.
Tough shit.
The People spoke.

I would strongly recommend you remember this statement not only on November 4th, but also in 2022 as well. :)
Your shooting your self in the foot with unsolicited mail in ballots because this election could be contested until March.

Yeah, except it won't. Maybe a day or two at the worst case scenario, but most states have been dealing with mail in balloting for years.
They're equipped to handle it...well, at least they were before the current administration started dorking around with the Post Office. :)
They have been dealing with "Requested" ballots. A big difference.

Same difference. The military has been using mail in voting for decades...all without incident.
This is just playing up the narrative in case your side gets shellacked on November 3rd.

More of your lies. Trump isn't against mailing in votes, he never was. Democrats are incapable of telling the truth, you just are.

What is Trump actually against? You don't know, do you?

Oh, bullshit. He's been trying to sow doubt about mail in voting for the last six months. You can't even be honest about that.
Do you understand why most of us who want to see a return to sane and rational think you people are idiots? :)

Republicans defied the will of the voters to have a President fill a SCOTUS vacancy
Obama lost so many seats because of his policies that he didn't get his way anymore.
Tough shit.
The People spoke.

I would strongly recommend you remember this statement not only on November 4th, but also in 2022 as well. :)
Your shooting your self in the foot with unsolicited mail in ballots because this election could be contested until March.

Yeah, except it won't. Maybe a day or two at the worst case scenario, but most states have been dealing with mail in balloting for years.
They're equipped to handle it...well, at least they were before the current administration started dorking around with the Post Office. :)

Same difference. The military has been using mail in voting for decades...all without incident.
This is just playing up the narrative in case your side gets shellacked on November 3rd.

More of your lies. Trump isn't against mailing in votes, he never was. Democrats are incapable of telling the truth, you just are.

Oh, bullshit. He's been trying to sow doubt about mail in voting for the last six months. You can't even be honest about that.
Do you understand why most of us who want to see a return to sane and rational think you people are idiots? :)
How can we have a serious conversation with you if you don’t know the difference between unsolicited ballots and soliciting ballots

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
I’m truly dumbfounded that a woman who wants to win republican votes won’t vote to take control of the the most important seat to protect the Constitution.
she’s going to get smoked in Maine, I wouldn’t vote for that that fraud.

No, she said nothing of the sort. She said she favors waiting until after the election to appoint a SC justice.
Fine. Trump can nominate on Nov. 4th, the Senate can confirm on Dec. 15th.

If Trump wins the election, I would have no issue with that. I may not like it and Democrats will still put up a fight, but it will be within his right to do so.
Has nothing to do with who wins the election. The President IS President for the full term. The people voted for the FULL TERM of Donald Trump.

Doesn't matter. Mitch set the standard. If Trump loses, he don't get to pick. Lame ducks don't count. :)
Of course, he does. There is no standard other than what is written in the Constitution.

Advice and/or Consent. That is the standard.

I agree. But Mitch crapped all over that precedent. So, if the President is President for the full term, by my recollection, Barack Obama was President until noon on January 20th, 2017.
He should have had the right to at least put Garland before the Senate for confirmation. Again, you don't get to apply a different standard now.

Where in the Constitution does it say the Senate is required to have a confirmation vote?

Hint, it doesn't.

So where does this "right" you made up come from? What it the source of that "right?"

How the senate exercises it's power of advice and consent is up to the senate. Not you

Nothing to do with "right", "wrong", or "left". Mitch set the standard. He conveniently bypassed the Constitution in 2016.
You don't get to reset the narrative just because your guy is in the Oval Office. Proceed here at your own peril. It will come
back to bite Republicans in the ass.

You keep repeating that empty lie.

Obama DID make a nomination. You are lying that he was prevented from doing that.

You are the one trying to remove Constitutional authority from the Senate and claiming they don't have advice and consent. They do.

Name what in the Constitution was not followed. Obviously you can't, you're just lying

Obama's nominee did not get a hearing or a vote. Stop with the rationalizing. Mitch decided to invoke his own rules. You don't get to hide in the details now just because your guy is in the Oval Office.

OK, so show where in the Constitution it says that the Senate must have hearings and votes. Obviously it doesn't, you're still just lying. Grow a pair and knock it off and stop the WHINING.

Democrats would do the same. Stop crying that somehow this is something somehow you'd never do. You're just a L-I-A-R

Tough shit.
The People spoke.

You're playing word games.

You know perfectly well that mailing in ballots is not the issue. Trump never said he was against that.

And I don't think "people" are idiots, I think you are.

What is it that Trump actually said he was against? You say you're not an idiot, yet you can't answer that simple question. He was very specific. What is Trump ACTUALLY against, dim wit?

Tough shit.
The People spoke.

How can we have a serious conversation with you if you don’t know the difference between unsolicited ballots and soliciting ballots

We are having a serious conversation. What you are doing is pounding Trump's narrative and splitting hairs. No widespread fraud exists. Last word on the subject...from me anyway.

Tough shit.
The People spoke.

You're playing word games.

You know perfectly well that mailing in ballots is not the issue. Trump never said he was against that.

And I don't think "people" are idiots, I think you are.

What is it that Trump actually said he was against? You say you're not an idiot, yet you can't answer that simple question. He was very specific. What is Trump ACTUALLY against, dim wit?

See Post #85. Let's get back to Susan Collins.

I’m truly dumbfounded that a woman who wants to win republican votes won’t vote to take control of the the most important seat to protect the Constitution.

No, she said nothing of the sort. She said she favors waiting until after the election to appoint a SC justice.

If Trump wins the election, I would have no issue with that. I may not like it and Democrats will still put up a fight, but it will be within his right to do so.
Has nothing to do with who wins the election. The President IS President for the full term. The people voted for the FULL TERM of Donald Trump.

Doesn't matter. Mitch set the standard. If Trump loses, he don't get to pick. Lame ducks don't count. :)
Of course, he does. There is no standard other than what is written in the Constitution.

I agree. But Mitch crapped all over that precedent. So, if the President is President for the full term, by my recollection, Barack Obama was President until noon on January 20th, 2017.
He should have had the right to at least put Garland before the Senate for confirmation. Again, you don't get to apply a different standard now.

Where in the Constitution does it say the Senate is required to have a confirmation vote?

Hint, it doesn't.

So where does this "right" you made up come from? What it the source of that "right?"

How the senate exercises it's power of advice and consent is up to the senate. Not you

Nothing to do with "right", "wrong", or "left". Mitch set the standard. He conveniently bypassed the Constitution in 2016.
You don't get to reset the narrative just because your guy is in the Oval Office. Proceed here at your own peril. It will come

Obama DID make a nomination. You are lying that he was prevented from doing that.

You are the one trying to remove Constitutional authority from the Senate and claiming they don't have advice and consent. They do.

Name what in the Constitution was not followed. Obviously you can't, you're just lying

Obama's nominee did not get a hearing or a vote. Stop with the rationalizing. Mitch decided to invoke his own rules. You don't get to hide in the details now just because your guy is in the Oval Office.

OK, so show where in the Constitution it says that the Senate must have hearings and votes. Obviously it doesn't, you're still just lying. Grow a pair and knock it off and stop the WHINING.

Democrats would do the same. Stop crying that somehow this is something somehow you'd never do. You're just a L-I-A-R

And you are rationalizing...because it's your guy in the WH now. Mitch set the standard. Hike on your big girl panties and deal with it. If Trump wins the election, he can move forward with it on November 4th...even if Republicans don't hold on to the majority in the Senate.

Tough shit.
The People spoke.

We are having a serious conversation. What you are doing is pounding Trump's narrative and splitting hairs. No widespread fraud exists. Last word on the subject...from me anyway.
So now you know the difference?

• Thanks

Tough shit.
The People spoke.

Splitting hairs, what the fuck?

The government mailing out millions of unsolicited ballots is SPLITTING HAIRS?

You're a complete imbecile

Tough shit.
The People spoke.

Yep, as I kept saying, he's a liar

Tough shit.
The People spoke.

Yep, as I kept saying, he's a liar
He’s playing to the uneducated democrat voter base.. if he says it enough than it will come true. Lol

As it is....the Democrats have no right to interfere with the normal operation of the government just because they find it to be political in nature.

They have a right to interfere based on the standard Republicans set on replacing judges in an election year.

Hint, it doesn't.

And you are rationalizing...because it's your guy in the WH now. Mitch set the standard. Hike on your big girl panties and deal with it. If Trump wins the election, he can move forward with it on November 4th...even if Republicans don't hold on to the majority in the Senate.

Saying what the Constitution says is "rationalizing." Mailing out millions of unrequested ballots is "splitting hairs."

OMG, you went to government schools, didn't you? I'm sorry, they really failed you

As it is....the Democrats have no right to interfere with the normal operation of the government just because they find it to be political in nature.

They have a right to interfere based on the standard Republicans set on replacing judges in an election year.

Because you believe that Biden meant he would NOT have confirmed a Democrat nominee for SCOTUS in 1992. You actually believe that.

Sure you do, sure. Obviously you don't, which is why you keep hiding from the question. And if you said you believe that you'd look even dumber than hiding from the question.

Being a coward and a liar is something I never have to hide from like you do since you are a coward and a liar and I'm not

She'll be smoked in Maine regardless of the position she takes. Voters there are sick and tired of her indecisiveness and reticence to whatever Trump wants.

RCP Average7/2 - 9/16----47.241.0Gideon +6.2
NY Times/Siena*9/11 - 9/16663 LV5.14944Gideon +5
Quinnipiac9/10 - 9/141183 LV2.95442Gideon +12
Bangor Daily News7/28 - 8/9500 RV--4338Gideon +5
Colby College7/18 - 6/24888 LV3.94439Gideon +5
PPP (D)7/2 - 7/31022 RV3.14642Gideon +4

I'm not sure anything can save her right now. Maine voters seem to be fed up with her after four terms.

She's just trying to hold off the rabid media until the last moment

Maybe she is just trying to hold on to her last ounce of integrity
Haha.. You consider pandering to Leftists as integrity... How cute..

Collins considers her party maintaining a consistant policy as integrity

As should most Republicans

Because of course integrity means agreeing with the Democrats. Sure it does.

Speaking of integrity, I notice you haven't answered my question if you actually believe Biden would not have confirmed a Democrat SCOTUS nominee in 1992. Huh

She'll be smoked in Maine regardless of the position she takes. Voters there are sick and tired of her indecisiveness and reticence to whatever Trump wants.

RCP Average7/2 - 9/16----47.241.0Gideon +6.2
NY Times/Siena*9/11 - 9/16663 LV5.14944Gideon +5
Quinnipiac9/10 - 9/141183 LV2.95442Gideon +12
Bangor Daily News7/28 - 8/9500 RV--4338Gideon +5
Colby College7/18 - 6/24888 LV3.94439Gideon +5
PPP (D)7/2 - 7/31022 RV3.14642Gideon +4

I'm not sure anything can save her right now. Maine voters seem to be fed up with her after four terms.

Of course they are. Maine is leftist as shit. It's amazing she lasted this long. I can't belive it's that close in a State that far gone

The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president,"

Mitch McConnell Feb 13 2016, hours after Scalia died

Because you believe that Biden meant he would NOT have confirmed a Democrat nominee for SCOTUS in 1992. You actually believe that.

Sure you do, sure. Obviously you don't, which is why you keep hiding from the question. And if you said you believe that you'd look even dumber than hiding from the question.

Being a coward and a liar is something I never have to hide from like you do since you are a coward and a liar and I'm not
Are you saying you don’t wanna left-wing activist as a next supreme court nominee?

• Funny

Forum List

Back