Collins wants republicans to vote for her but she wants the next SC pick to be democrat!?

Yes, and voters already did that almost 4 years ago when we chose Trump.

An overwhelming majority of voters did the same thing when they elected Obama

Republicans defied the will of the voters to have a President fill a SCOTUS vacancy

I’m truly dumbfounded that a woman who wants to win republican votes won’t vote to take control of the the most important seat to protect the Constitution.
she’s going to get smoked in Maine, I wouldn’t vote for that that fraud.

No, she said nothing of the sort. She said she favors waiting until after the election to appoint a SC justice.
Fine. Trump can nominate on Nov. 4th, the Senate can confirm on Dec. 15th.

If Trump wins the election, I would have no issue with that. I may not like it and Democrats will still put up a fight, but it will be within his right to do so.
Has nothing to do with who wins the election. The President IS President for the full term. The people voted for the FULL TERM of Donald Trump.

Doesn't matter. Mitch set the standard. If Trump loses, he don't get to pick. Lame ducks don't count. :)
Obama was on his way out, he lost a lot of seats.. trump
Has a 53% approval rating

No he doesn't. Rasmussen gives him that approval rating. Here is his actual approval rating. Sorry, you don't get to walk back the standard after Mitch set it.
I think your right all the polls are wrong. :p

Where does she say she wants the next justice to be a Democrat?

By standing down, she may well end up granting them the chance down the road.

50/50 chance.

Watching MTP, and Bill Clinton, like others since Friday, brought up Lincoln.

Lincolns last Justice, Chase, was nominated, and appointed on December 6, 1964, a month after he was re-elected.

Trump can nominate, and the Senate can still get his pick approved, long before January 20th.

Lincolns last Justice, Chase, was nominated, and appointed on December 6, 1964, a month after he was re-elected.

BTW, the Justice Chase replaced, Roger B. Taney, died on October 12th.

Less than a month before the election.
Technically....Trump has four months till he would be replaced....assuming that he loses.
As it is....the Democrats have no right to interfere with the normal operation of the government just because they find it to be political in nature.
Since when have Democrats not been political?

Yes, and voters already did that almost 4 years ago when we chose Trump.

An overwhelming majority of voters did the same thing when they elected Obama

Republicans defied the will of the voters to have a President fill a SCOTUS vacancy
Well too bad bud. This is the consequences of losing elections.
Obama lost so many seats because of his policies that he didn't get his way anymore.
Tough shit.
The People spoke.

What’s The possibility of Democrats impeaching Kavanaugh, Barrett, if they win the Senate?

Collins wants the voters to decide who they want to fill the seat.

If Trump wins, she has no objection to him filling the seat

Voters already decided, in 2016 and 2018 giving Republicans control over SCOTUS confirmations. Look you stupid bunch of morons, how many years should we wait to fill Ginsburg's seat? What if it's 12 years before Dems regain control of the Senate and White House? Hence the idiocy of your argument.

I’m truly dumbfounded that a woman who wants to win republican votes won’t vote to take control of the the most important seat to protect the Constitution.

She's been in deep shit with her constituents for a while now, because she's so fucking milquetoast about Trump and the shit he pulls.

Mainers threw the gauntlet down when Kavanaugh was being vetted for SC, and started fundraising money for her opponent.
They've given her opponent, Sara Gideon, over $4M in campaign donations.

The thread title is grossly misleading. Nowhere in the article does it say she wants the next SC Justice to be a democrat...

But I thought Trump was going to win, so what difference does it make?

No, she said nothing of the sort. She said she favors waiting until after the election to appoint a SC justice.

If Trump wins the election, I would have no issue with that. I may not like it and Democrats will still put up a fight, but it will be within his right to do so.
Has nothing to do with who wins the election. The President IS President for the full term. The people voted for the FULL TERM of Donald Trump.

Doesn't matter. Mitch set the standard. If Trump loses, he don't get to pick. Lame ducks don't count. :)
Of course, he does. There is no standard other than what is written in the Constitution.

Advice and/or Consent. That is the standard.

I agree. But Mitch crapped all over that precedent. So, if the President is President for the full term, by my recollection, Barack Obama was President until noon on January 20th, 2017.
He should have had the right to at least put Garland before the Senate for confirmation. Again, you don't get to apply a different standard now.

The thread title is grossly misleading. Nowhere in the article does it say she wants the next SC Justice to be a democrat...

It's not misleading if the OP believes Trump will lose the election...

Of course, he does. There is no standard other than what is written in the Constitution.

I agree. But Mitch crapped all over that precedent. So, if the President is President for the full term, by my recollection, Barack Obama was President until noon on January 20th, 2017.
He should have had the right to at least put Garland before the Senate for confirmation. Again, you don't get to apply a different standard now.
You do understand that polls mean nothing in this process, right?

No wonder this mush brain, Collins, is having such a hard time in her election. She's obviously undependable. Only an idiot would prefer someone like Sotomayor or Kagan over someone like Amy Barrett. It makes one wish they primaried her but I guess the party figured they owe her for her Kavanaugh vote. I give her no extra credit for doing what was obviously the right thing. She's definitely an anchor to the party. MAGA, viva Trump.

She'll be smoked in Maine regardless of the position she takes. Voters there are sick and tired of her indecisiveness and reticence to whatever Trump wants.

RCP Average7/2 - 9/16----47.241.0Gideon +6.2
NY Times/Siena*9/11 - 9/16663 LV5.14944Gideon +5
Quinnipiac9/10 - 9/141183 LV2.95442Gideon +12
Bangor Daily News7/28 - 8/9500 RV--4338Gideon +5
Colby College7/18 - 6/24888 LV3.94439Gideon +5
PPP (D)7/2 - 7/31022 RV3.14642Gideon +4

She's been in deep shit with her constituents for a while now, because she's so fucking milquetoast about Trump and the shit he pulls.

Mainers threw the gauntlet down when Kavanaugh was being vetted for SC, and started fundraising money for her opponent.
They've given her opponent, Sara Gideon, over $4M in campaign donations.

I think she’s losing because she is so weak, and doesn’t support 96% of republican wants.

Correct. He was. The Senate said No to his nominee. Well within their authority.

If that was the case she would vote right?

Forum List

Back