College student with $146,000 in student debt says blocking Biden's relief 'feels like a really sick game'

Agreed to a point but much like financial controls and limits put in place for a mortgage, there needs to be some as well for school loans. Going to that private college three time zones away may seem more appealing and glamorous as opposed to going to the local community college for two years and the state university for two years but if you can get a degree in the same field at 1/4 of the price, then that is what your loan should be capped.
I don't know that you can cap being stupid.

His "American dream" is to get American workers to pay off his college debt.

A first-generation college student with $146,000 in student debt says blocking Biden's relief 'feels like a really sick game': 'It's not the American dream that we were promised'​

He borrowed it...he owes it.

Taxpayers are not responsible

Secondary education in America is the biggest racket in the country. Government guarantees loans to colleges who lowered their standards to anyone who might be breathing. The fact many of them will never graduate is irrelevant to both. Debt racks up, liberals run on promises of debt forgiveness and the cycle continues. Millions suffer just to keep liberals in power. Pathetic.
Yup. If you can sign the application with an "X" you can get the loan. Then you use the money to party on and wind up working at McDonalds and hoping like hell Biden will forgive your student loan debt.

Riddle me this, why are right wingers ok with all these politicians who had their PPP loans paid off. Why are you ok with some folks getting Gov't assisted taxpayer money, but not others? Can a right winger explain that?

Secondary education in America is the biggest racket in the country. Government guarantees loans to colleges who lowered their standards to anyone who might be breathing. The fact many of them will never graduate is irrelevant to both. Debt racks up, liberals run on promises of debt forgiveness and the cycle continues. Millions suffer just to keep liberals in power. Pathetic.

Okay, let's look at that. We tell these kids that the way to get into the Middle Class (you know, the one Republicans destroyed when they busted all the unions) is to go to college, get a good education and get a good job.

Then we make college so expensive that they have to put more down on a four year degree than they would put down on a house.

Except it takes them four years or more to move from an entry-level job to one that pays enough money to even put a dent in that loan.

A first-generation college student with $146,000 in student debt says blocking Biden's relief 'feels like a really sick game': 'It's not the American dream that we were promised'​

We as a nation pay off debt for farmers and other businesses with PPP loans.

Okay, let's look at that. We tell these kids that the way to get into the Middle Class (you know, the one Republicans destroyed when they busted all the unions) is to go to college, get a good education and get a good job.

Then we make college so expensive that they have to put more down on a four year degree than they would put down on a house.

Except it takes them four years or more to move from an entry-level job to one that pays enough money to even put a dent in that loan.
Who is we because I never told my kids that?

And now we have Karen558 showing why she is an awful person.

He graduated with $100,000 in student loans? And now it’s $146,000?

1. Why didn’t he go to a community college for his first two years (total tuition around $10,000) and then a state university for his last two years (for a total of around $30,000) for a total debt of $40,000?

Um, that's laughable. UIC costs close to $20,000 a year. SO even if he went to a bottom shelf State school like UIC

And community colleges are a joke.

2. If he came from as poor a family as he says, he would have gotten Pell Grants, meaning his debt would have been only $20,000.

The average Pell Grant Aware is only 4166.00 Barely puts in a dent. It only applies to families making less than $20,000.

3. If he were college material, he would have aced community college and gotten a scholarship of around 1/3 to the state college, meaning his debt would have totaled only $10,000.

Again, scholarships aren't as easy to get as you think they are.

4. He decided instead to go directly to an expensive college, apparently won no academic scholarships, and now wants workers to pay off his loan?

Well, no, he wants rich people to pay off his loan, dummy. We tax the rich for that. They have all the money. You aren't very smart, are you?

5. He earns a five-figure salary? That could be $95,000 a year. Cry me a River.

Or it could be $40,000 a year. That's often the entry level salary for new college grads.

Sounds like another entitled leftist millennial who thinks other people should pay for his stuff. He was very fortunate that his employer was paying for his grad degree, so somehow he decided other people should pay for his undergraduate as well?

Actually, what I find amusing is all you people who think that government should pay for your stuff. Social Security, Medicare, and all the other middle class entitlements that are actually breaking the budget.

It seems to me, in pure practicality, that helping someone at the beginning of his career with a long life ahead of him contributing to the economy is more pragmatic than someone who is at the end of their work life and no longer producing.

Of course, we SHOULD do both, because that is what a compassionate and fair society does... but I don't think you understand that concept.

I wonder how many voted for Democrats over loan forgiveness...then got the rug pulled out from underneath them

Zero. They know that eventually, there will be loan forgiveness, and Republicans just look like assholes fighting it.

No Dressage Horsie Left behind!

Riddle me this, why are right wingers ok with all these politicians who had their PPP loans paid off. Why are you ok with some folks getting Gov't assisted taxpayer money, but not others? Can a right winger explain that?

Riddle me this, why are right wingers ok with all these politicians who had their PPP loans paid off.

Because that was how the program was set up.

The student loan program was set up to allow students to borrow, attend college
and then pay off what they borrowed.

Why are you ok with some folks getting Gov't assisted taxpayer money, but not others?

The whiney 31 year old in the article got "Gov't assisted taxpayer money".
He now has a Master's degree. He should pay back what he owes and stop whining.

It's true. The government fucked up.

Since when did the American dream ever include not paying your own debts?

It's true. The government fucked up.
It's the everyone has to go to college idea and guaranteed student loans that have caused college costs to rise

Biden is like the dude who promises his kid a bike if he mows the grass every week and then renigs when he finds out the homeowner's association is taking over landscaping. Biden makes big promises when votes are on the line, but when the election is over, he doesn't know you. Same as they did with Blacks for 40 years.

Forum List

Back